More DLC after Fins and Yugo?

47andrej
Lieutenant

Re: More DLC after Fins and Yugo?

Postby 47andrej » Mon 3 Oct 2016 15:00

DeckCheney wrote:
Demonicjapsel wrote:
DeckCheney wrote:I'm just glad that Israel will soon be outta the way and the Zionist Lobby can choke on a shekel, instead of interfering with future DLC polls.

Soon Iran will have its rightful place as winner of the next DLC poll.

i'd prefer a proper REDFOR nation, Cuba, or heck, something like ROmania would be nicer then Iran.

Iran is probably the most flavorful RedFor nation that can be added- mostly cause of the mix if hardware. Syria, Lybia, Egypt, Romania, Bulgaria, Cuba and Vietnam are all essentially USSR unit clones.

Iraq would be the only other RedFor nation that'd have a substantial mix of units.

But since Israel in in game, I'd prefer Iran since I could role play anti-Zionism.

Iraq possesses ITF big chunk of BluFor hardware too. Mirages, Roland, several helicopter, small but fine things like APILAS and Rasit...

ToTheMetal
Command Sergeant Major

Postby ToTheMetal » Mon 3 Oct 2016 15:02

DeckCheney wrote: the most flavorful RedFor nation that can be added- mostly cause of the mix if hardware

Didn't I hear that about China?

nuke92
Lieutenant

Postby nuke92 » Mon 3 Oct 2016 15:05

Romania is the most reasonable from your list though. More uniqe than the others and you can reuse Yugoslav models for airtab.
"Spike MR is more accurate I'll give you that but Konkurs has more range and isn't prototype" - Warchat™ July 2017
"ALB added planes, RD added ships, WG4 will add Ekranoplans" - Warchat™ August 2017

Demonicjapsel
Chief Warrant Officer

Postby Demonicjapsel » Mon 3 Oct 2016 15:21

nuke92 wrote:Romania is the most reasonable from your list though. More uniqe than the others and you can reuse Yugoslav models for airtab.

yep, and hopefully, we can get some new Mig 21 models as well...

Mighty_Zuk
Command Sergeant Major

Postby Mighty_Zuk » Mon 3 Oct 2016 16:13

DeckCheney wrote:
Demonicjapsel wrote:
DeckCheney wrote:I'm just glad that Israel will soon be outta the way and the Zionist Lobby can choke on a shekel, instead of interfering with future DLC polls.

Soon Iran will have its rightful place as winner of the next DLC poll.

i'd prefer a proper REDFOR nation, Cuba, or heck, something like ROmania would be nicer then Iran.

Iran is probably the most flavorful RedFor nation that can be added- mostly cause of the mix if hardware. Syria, Lybia, Egypt, Romania, Bulgaria, Cuba and Vietnam are all essentially USSR unit clones.

Iraq would be the only other RedFor nation that'd have a substantial mix of units.

But since Israel in in game, I'd prefer Iran since I could role play anti-Zionism.

Other than the F-14 and F-5, what units does Iran offer that aren't designed for parades?

HrcAk47
Colonel

Postby HrcAk47 » Mon 3 Oct 2016 17:01

Best solution in my case - dual nation pack, Italy vs. Romania - call it "Pax Romana", on the account of neither bluforboos or redforboos can cry that its unjust. :D

Both nations have coalitions cut out for them - Romania+ Yugoslavia (YuRom treaty of friendship) and Italy+France (Medfor).
The SEAD never bothered me anyway.

SMB Yugoslavia Retexture Mod, now released, v.1.0

morpher
Major-General

Postby morpher » Mon 3 Oct 2016 17:08

HrcAk47 wrote:Romania+ Yugoslavia (YuRom treaty of friendship).

I wonder if two different dlc factions can be joined into a single coalition.

Eukie
Chief Warrant Officer

Postby Eukie » Mon 3 Oct 2016 17:20

Mighty_Zuk wrote:Other than the F-14 and F-5, what units does Iran offer that aren't designed for parades?

They have a lot of other US equipment, including M47s, M60's, M110, M107, M109A1, TOW and Dragon, and some British things like Chieftains and Scorpions, as well as EE-9s and MILAN missiles captured from Iraq.

morpher wrote:I wonder if two different dlc factions can be joined into a single coalition.

I can't imagine it'd be hard to code, but the question might rather be whether it makes business sense to have a coalition that can only be played by people who've bought two DLCs.
Last edited by Eukie on Mon 3 Oct 2016 17:27, edited 1 time in total.

steppewolf
Second-Lieutenant

Postby steppewolf » Mon 3 Oct 2016 17:21

HrcAk47 wrote:Best solution in my case - dual nation pack, Italy vs. Romania - call it "Pax Romana", on the account of neither bluforboos or redforboos can cry that its unjust. :D

Both nations have coalitions cut out for them - Romania+ Yugoslavia (YuRom treaty of friendship) and Italy+France (Medfor).

YuRom would be awesome :D

Romania + Bulgaria would be also very interesting if it will be decided by WG gods to open the Southern flank

I am dreamin to play a WG4 with proper naval (no frigates / destroyers near the shore) and full scale WP vs NATO in Europe, North, Center, South and Oriental campaigns

nuke92
Lieutenant

Postby nuke92 » Mon 3 Oct 2016 17:23

Yeah better build upon nations that are allready in the game (or will be) and make new european coalitions than release two that don't have any coalition partner for the sake of middle east showdown.
Last edited by nuke92 on Mon 3 Oct 2016 17:26, edited 1 time in total.
"Spike MR is more accurate I'll give you that but Konkurs has more range and isn't prototype" - Warchat™ July 2017
"ALB added planes, RD added ships, WG4 will add Ekranoplans" - Warchat™ August 2017

Return to “Off-Topic”