World news thread

Crotou
Colonel

Re: World news thread

Postby Crotou » Thu 20 Apr 2017 20:39

captaincarnage wrote:
Crotou wrote:I don't see the logic here. The clown with the most votes wins. This is democracy at its finest. 8-)

Funnily enough Adolf Hitler got the most votes too at one point.

You don't like democracy when it doesn't go the way you like ?

FrangibleCover
Lieutenant

Postby FrangibleCover » Thu 20 Apr 2017 21:05

Frencho wrote:ROK Armed Foces, don't you have
something
better to do
when KPA is being all bellicose and suicidal...

This is something I've never understood. If you don't hate gays, great. If you do hate gays, stick them all in the army and let someone else shoot them for you. If you're worried about unit cohesion talk to a gay person form a gay brigade where there are no straight people for them to get cooties on or whatever you believe happens. But what the actual fuck are you doing reducing the trained manpower of your country?

With regard to electoral systems, the correct answer is that I, personally, get to pick who governs things for me and nobody else gets a say because I can't trust you lot to make the correct decision.
What if Wargame stuck to timeframe?

captaincarnage
Major

Postby captaincarnage » Thu 20 Apr 2017 21:19

Crotou wrote:
captaincarnage wrote:I don't see the logic here. The clown with the most votes wins. This is democracy at its finest. 8-)
Funnily enough Adolf Hitler got the most votes too at one point.

You don't like democracy when it doesn't go the way you like ?

I like British Democracy, I don't wish to live anywhere else.

I''m also not batshit crazy enough to think that Hitler was a good thing for Germany, Europe or anyone else for that matter and i take an interest in the lessons that can be learned from the catastrophic failure of a political system.

The bleating of people (mainly from other countries) who say that the UK system is terribly unfair ignore that fact that it has worked perfectly well for hundreds of years, it may be weird from some outside perspectives but it does work and has so far not yet failed in the same way as an ideologically pure form of democracy did.

Like many things in life an ideologically driven one size fits all model for people with different cultures and history and aspirations is a recipe for a disaster, if nothing else history has proven this time and time again, eventually people get pissed off and things change. British democracy wouldn't work in France as you lot would probably chop the queens head off and French democracy wouldn't work in the UK because there is not an overwhelming desire for it, quite the opposite in fact if you believe in the number of votes cast either way.
I hope your buratino's die screaming.

Mitchverr
More than 10 000 messages. Soldier you are the leader of all armies!

Postby Mitchverr » Thu 20 Apr 2017 21:24

The problem I have as a British Citizen.

SNP seats 56, % of vote 4.7%
Lib dem seats 8, % of vote 7.9%
UKIP seats 1, % of vote 12.6%

So a party with 4.7% of the vote got 6.2 times as many seats as 2 parties with 20% of the national vote.......

"no problem here lololol" :lol:

Yet alone several parties with less then 200k votes each(1 has less then 100k!) getting more seats then parties with millions of votes...

Crotou
Colonel

Postby Crotou » Thu 20 Apr 2017 21:35

captaincarnage wrote:and French democracy wouldn't work in the UK because there is not an overwhelming desire for it, quite the opposite in fact if you believe in the number of votes cast either way.

The votes cast in France would be the same whatever the democratic system. :lol:

Mike
More than 10 000 messages. Soldier you are the leader of all armies!

Postby Mike » Thu 20 Apr 2017 22:31

I heard the Germans played a huge part in the French 1940 elections.
Courtesy of KattiValk

Frencho
Lieutenant

Postby Frencho » Thu 20 Apr 2017 22:58

Mike wrote:I heard the Germans played a huge part in the French 1940 elections.

Yeah Panzers running for office, it was one hell of a campaign :mrgreen: !

Gyg
Chief Warrant Officer

Postby Gyg » Thu 20 Apr 2017 23:18

Another attack in Paris. One policeman killed, along with the suspected gunman... What's happening?!

Frencho
Lieutenant

Postby Frencho » Thu 20 Apr 2017 23:29

Gyg wrote:Another attack in Paris. One policeman killed, along with the suspected gunman... What's happening?!

Standard Terrorist procedure, media outlets love to give free publicity to terror attacks.

2017 is an Elections year for many European countries. Expect many attacks in France and Germany to stir the vote towards Nationalist, xenophobic parties.

Jihadist groups want a civil war in Europe between Muslims and non Muslims.

Oh I need to vote le Pen/Fillon, the Moors are at our doorstep! DEUS VULT!

Oh screw these racist, islamophobe French, I'll go join the jihad and shoot up a café before they deport/tax me out of the blue.

They'll probably target voting centers this Sunday too.

The ones who end up winning if the fachos get elected are the Jihadist networks tough, we would be playing right into their hands...

LoneRifle
Major-General

Postby LoneRifle » Fri 21 Apr 2017 00:36

Mitchverr wrote:The problem I have as a British Citizen.

SNP seats 56, % of vote 4.7%
Lib dem seats 8, % of vote 7.9%
UKIP seats 1, % of vote 12.6%

So a party with 4.7% of the vote got 6.2 times as many seats as 2 parties with 20% of the national vote.......

"no problem here lololol" :lol:

Yet alone several parties with less then 200k votes each(1 has less then 100k!) getting more seats then parties with millions of votes...

Don't take this the wrong way Mitch, but if the Labor party is going to reform, they have to get so utterly brutalized that Corbyn gets kicked out. That way they can rebuild with saner and more practical leadership.

Also I want Tories, Libs, and Labor to wreck the SNP so they can shove that referendum up Sturgeons rear.

Return to “Off-Topic”