World news thread

User avatar
Killertomato
More than 10 000 messages. Soldier you are the leader of all armies!
Posts: 13730
Joined: Mon 9 Jul 2012 02:46
Contact:

Re: World news thread

Postby Killertomato » Sat 17 Jun 2017 03:52

Admiral Piett wrote:The G4M got more upgrades than just protection of course, including new engines. The range dropped significantly on the G4M3 Model 34, but was still quite impressive. Go figure. If you are wondering how they got even more range out of the G4M2 despite the weight increase and new engines, well.......the Japanese added more fuel capacity to it, because of course they did. Had to do that over, say, introducing self-sealing tanks earlier.


orcbuster wrote:USSR gets prototype marsupials, why would you need moose when you got stuff with kickers like that AND transport capability? And I'm not even gonna START on the french Marsupilami, I don't even think thats a real animal! Why no trolls for Norway?

User avatar
StalkerDellaNote
Lieutenant
Posts: 1472
Joined: Tue 12 Nov 2013 12:23
Location: Southern California, USA
Contact:

Re: World news thread

Postby StalkerDellaNote » Sat 17 Jun 2017 07:27

Image
"Re: Winter maps?" wrote:Maybe if they ever set Wargame in Scandinavia.

User avatar
another505
More than 10 000 messages. Soldier you are the leader of all armies!
Posts: 13128
Joined: Sun 21 Jul 2013 05:18
Location: Hiatus
Contact:

Re: World news thread

Postby another505 » Sat 17 Jun 2017 12:13

Mike wrote:No, that was the US army that was raping Apaches.

I distinctly remember there were using osas , maybe imitating it? It was really long ago like two three yeara back when it was posted
Image
Of Salt

User avatar
Mike
More than 10 000 messages. Soldier you are the leader of all armies!
Posts: 12406
Joined: Thu 20 Feb 2014 01:09
Location: Virginia, United States of America
Contact:

Re: World news thread

Postby Mike » Sat 17 Jun 2017 13:50

Yakhont wrote:
Mike wrote:
another505 wrote:I remember reading a military exercise posted in this forum ages ago how osa were raping apaches


No, that was the US army that was raping Apaches.


This is a weird thing to type out.

Any more information? Interested to read.


I was being a smartass. The Apache is named after the Apache Indian Tribe in the Southwestern US. The US wasn't too kind to most, if not all indians as I'm sure you've heard. https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Apache_Wars
Image
Courtesy of KattiValk

User avatar
another505
More than 10 000 messages. Soldier you are the leader of all armies!
Posts: 13128
Joined: Sun 21 Jul 2013 05:18
Location: Hiatus
Contact:

Re: World news thread

Postby another505 » Sat 17 Jun 2017 15:02

Mike wrote:
I was being a smartass. The Apache is named after the Apache Indian Tribe in the Southwestern US. The US wasn't too kind to most, if not all indians as I'm sure you've heard. https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Apache_Wars

...............
Image
Of Salt


User avatar
Grabbed_by_the_Spets
General
Posts: 6604
Joined: Fri 16 Mar 2012 11:40
Contact:

Re: World news thread

Postby Grabbed_by_the_Spets » Sat 17 Jun 2017 20:45

Markenzwieback wrote:Erdolf being Erdolf again...


Why would they ever do this?

We've been nothing but supportive of them and their troops since the end of WW1, I had family that lived in England and would make a it a thing to go there every year. It's truly sad...
Image

User avatar
Mitchverr
More than 10 000 messages. Soldier you are the leader of all armies!
Posts: 10646
Joined: Sat 24 Mar 2012 18:08
Contact:

Re: World news thread

Postby Mitchverr » Sat 17 Jun 2017 21:56

Grabbed_by_the_Spets wrote:
Markenzwieback wrote:Erdolf being Erdolf again...


Why would they ever do this?

We've been nothing but supportive of them and their troops since the end of WW1, I had family that lived in England and would make a it a thing to go there every year. It's truly sad...


Because they are religious zealots.

They dont think, they just want to power grab and force everyone to submit to them, the number 1 thing all zealot power mongers do is destroy and replace history with their own version, the next is to indoctrinate, then finally to demonize the outsiders as a constant threat.

People laughed at me a few years back when i said that Turkey is going to be a problem for NATO if shit keeps going down the road it is, well, does NATO truely want to keep these crazies in it? Risking the NATO alliance, the EU, etc? Turkey will be the problem of tomorrow.
Image

User avatar
Mike
More than 10 000 messages. Soldier you are the leader of all armies!
Posts: 12406
Joined: Thu 20 Feb 2014 01:09
Location: Virginia, United States of America
Contact:

Re: World news thread

Postby Mike » Sat 17 Jun 2017 22:20

another505 wrote:
Mike wrote:
I was being a smartass. The Apache is named after the Apache Indian Tribe in the Southwestern US. The US wasn't too kind to most, if not all indians as I'm sure you've heard. https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Apache_Wars

...............


... .- -.-- / .. - / .-- .. - .... / -.-- --- ..- .-. / -.-. .... . ... -
Image
Courtesy of KattiValk

Gyg
Chief Warrant Officer
Posts: 696
Joined: Mon 5 Nov 2012 18:37
Location: Poland
Contact:

Re: World news thread

Postby Gyg » Sat 17 Jun 2017 23:17

Mike wrote:
another505 wrote:
Mike wrote:
I was being a smartass. The Apache is named after the Apache Indian Tribe in the Southwestern US. The US wasn't too kind to most, if not all indians as I'm sure you've heard. https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Apache_Wars

...............


... .- -.-- / .. - / .-- .. - .... / -.-- --- ..- .-. / -.-. .... . ... -

Say it with your chest
What?

Return to “Off-Topic”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 7 guests