World news thread

Markenzwieback
Captain

Re: World news thread

Postby Markenzwieback » Mon 19 Jun 2017 16:47

Coordinated arson attack against the German railroad system in several places around the country. Some extremist group on the far left claimed responsibility and cited the G-20 summit as a reason related.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2017/ ... on-attacks

Doinize
Lieutenant

Postby Doinize » Mon 19 Jun 2017 17:22

Markenzwieback wrote:Coordinated arson attack against the German railroad system in several places around the country. Some extremist group on the far left claimed responsibility and cited the G-20 summit as a reason related.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2017/ ... on-attacks

Im always sceptical of claims of responsibility made on indymedia, its an anonymous website after all and false claimes have been made...but they usually are so shitty that everyone with a bit of knowledge of the far left knows they are fake after one sentence (sadly most online journalists dont...)

But yeah that one seems legit, stuff like that has been done before.
RIP cables, you will be missed

Grabbed_by_the_Spets
General

Postby Grabbed_by_the_Spets » Tue 20 Jun 2017 10:13

Well, so far this year we've had several shootings, multiple stabbings, multiple church attacks and now the recent van attack by white supremacists.

But you know "Kills less people than lighting" and all that jazz.

Mitchverr
More than 10 000 messages. Soldier you are the leader of all armies!

Postby Mitchverr » Tue 20 Jun 2017 10:44

Grabbed_by_the_Spets wrote:Well, so far this year we've had several shootings, multiple stabbings, multiple church attacks and now the recent van attack by white supremacists.

The van thing is still under investigation however, and reports about the guy are very "odd" to say the least and it is also "odd" how he drove across the country to perform the act.

And TBF, putting America the crazyville in with the rest of us having problems isnt exactly "fair and balanced" as fox would say :lol:

Grabbed_by_the_Spets
General

Postby Grabbed_by_the_Spets » Tue 20 Jun 2017 10:48

Mitchverr wrote:And TBF, putting America the crazyville in with the rest of us having problems isnt exactly "fair and balanced" as fox would say :lol:

Except this is happening in Europe and Canada as well...

Killertomato

Postby Killertomato » Tue 20 Jun 2017 11:05

Grabbed_by_the_Spets wrote:.

It does, and it's important to remember that it's not important in the grand scheme of things.
orcbuster wrote:USSR gets prototype marsupials, why would you need moose when you got stuff with kickers like that AND transport capability? And I'm not even gonna START on the french Marsupilami, I don't even think thats a real animal! Why no trolls for Norway?

Mitchverr

Postby Mitchverr » Tue 20 Jun 2017 11:18

Grabbed_by_the_Spets wrote:Except this is happening in Europe and Canada as well...

Not that much tbf really, you also have all the statistical data etc about accpetance of such acts too, the way you said it is just.... I dunno, I just dont like the way it was said myself, as it seems to equaite both sides as "the same", it isnt UVF vs IRA type deal we got here lol.

Shrike
Lieutenant General

Postby Shrike » Tue 20 Jun 2017 17:46

Grabbed_by_the_Spets wrote:Well, so far this year we've had several shootings, multiple stabbings, multiple church attacks and now the recent van attack by white supremacists.

I keep hearing from people about all those terrorist attacks in Europe are over exaggerated, but yet there seems to be something about a terrorist attack every I really question what those people are thinking. It's become frequent enough to be an issue, I shouldn't have to worry about getting blown up at pastry shop by some indoctrinated zealot. I'd even argue that undermining these attacks has enabled a new wave of nationalism and has lead to more and more authoritarian laws being passed and a new generation of bigots being created.

Doinize
Lieutenant

Postby Doinize » Tue 20 Jun 2017 18:41

Shrike wrote: I shouldn't have to worry about getting blown up at pastry shop by some indoctrinated zealot.

If you worry about that you probably should not go outside...ever...
There are like a gazillion things more likely to kill you...

I'd even argue that undermining these attacks has enabled a new wave of nationalism and has lead to more and more authoritarian laws being passed and a new generation of bigots being created.

I dont think that "downplaying" the current terror threat in Europe is a big factor in that happening...In the case of legislation restricting freedoms it seems quite the opposite...

Vulcan 607
Major-General

Postby Vulcan 607 » Tue 20 Jun 2017 18:56

Iranian drone shot down by f15e Pakistani jf17 has also killed a drone apparently

Return to “Off-Topic”