World news thread

User avatar
Markenzwieback
Captain
Posts: 1572
Joined: Tue 27 Oct 2015 17:06
Contact:

Re: World news thread

Postby Markenzwieback » Mon 20 Mar 2017 01:46

Doinize wrote:Yeah i know that, I just meant that a party not being banned says nothing about that party being assholish or not...

You are mixing it up a little.

The constitutional court did say the goals of NPD are against the constitution. Only reason why it wasn't banned is the fact that they are too insignificant and no thread to the democratic order (hence no real reason to swing the heaviest sword the democracy has and issue a ban).

AfD on the other hand would be significant enough (20% in some regional polls/elections) where, when enough evidence is present of anti-constitutional goals/behavior, the court would put a party ban into effect. As nobody has yet put forward such evidence, nor has there been serious discussion about banning AfD, I am pretty certain that they are still firmly on legal ground.

And even Höcke's speech about Dresden (and the additional interview he gave) wasn't relevant to legal action against him, while many disagree with what he said (myself included). I think you are getting my point. ;)
Image

Lord Helmchen
Major-General
Posts: 3884
Joined: Tue 5 Mar 2013 00:23
Location: Germany
Contact:

Re: World news thread

Postby Lord Helmchen » Mon 20 Mar 2017 01:54

Doinize wrote:
Lord Helmchen wrote:Well, most of the things are, how Wieland mentions, against the constitution though can be changed with a 2/3rd majority. Actually it's not even against the constitution as it says that all except article 1 and 20 can be changed.

Yes, sort of, to change articles 2-19 you'd need a constitutional court that is complicit (aka not doing its fucking job). Article 1 will always apply, meaning any change that threatens human dignity cant pass, and as articles 2-19 pretty much are just protecting human dignity (they are in the section called Fundamental Rights ffs) it is virtually impossible to change these parts.
I doubt that these laws cannot bei changed, I read a Zeit article (printed) ~2 years ago that the article about the right for asylum i.e. No. 16 CAN be changed. IIRC it was former constitutional court judge Di Fabio. So that would interfere with your opinion.
Theoretically even the part about the freedom of religion could be changed i.e. is not directly against the constitution but only against it's current state.

Nope, freedom of religion is a human right. Article 1 applies.
I wouldn't sign this tbh because abolishing certain religious traditions wouldn't be against the human dignity but tbf I'm not a lawyer so I cannot say that I'm 100% correct. :lol:
I do disagree on the part about drug/alcohol addicts though.

So mentally ill people in jail is ok or did you just miss that?
Nah, I didn't miss it, I was just too lazy to add it tbh. I meant to include it though. :lol:
Mr. Wieland might be correct but he's not in the position of deciding wether or not what he said is correct.

No, but as a former member of the constitutional court he may have a fucking clue about whats constitutional or not.
Sure thing, but another judge could rule differently. I guess former constitutional court judge Udo Di Fabio would disagree. It's all about the judge's point of view.
Image

User avatar
Doinize
Lieutenant
Posts: 1329
Joined: Tue 30 Jul 2013 13:14
Contact:

Re: World news thread

Postby Doinize » Mon 20 Mar 2017 02:39

Markenzwieback wrote:AfD on the other hand would be significant enough (20% in some regional polls/elections) where, when enough evidence is present of anti-constitutional goals/behavior, the court would put a party ban into effect. As nobody has yet put forward such evidence.

You know for how long people have tried to ban the NPD? (only to have it end so anti-climactic lol)
It takes both a long time and a fuckton of evidence to ban a party ever since that austrian guy banned all other parties than his own in one sweep.
nor has there been serious discussion about banning AfD, I am pretty certain that they are still firmly on legal ground.
There have been calls for the AfD to be surveyed by the VS, like, in general and not only individual persons. So far, that has not happend. The connections of the AfD too far-right extremism (ex-NPD members, contacts to the Identitarian Movement, Höckes most likely neo-nazi past etc.) are obviously not sufficient to ban the AfD, that is out of the question.

All I mean is, that, if someone is fully aware of all this, the unconstitutional goals, the links to the extreme right etc. and still casts a vote for the AfD, they can go fuck themselves tbh. Because they know the full package they are getting.

And even Höcke's speech about Dresden (and the additional interview he gave) wasn't relevant to legal action against him, while many disagree with what he said (myself included). I think you are getting my point. ;)

Yeah, the speech was coded pretty national-socialist but Höcke is to smart to get himself fuggd for Volksverhetzung...
Image

User avatar
Doinize
Lieutenant
Posts: 1329
Joined: Tue 30 Jul 2013 13:14
Contact:

Re: World news thread

Postby Doinize » Mon 20 Mar 2017 02:49

Lord Helmchen wrote:I doubt that these laws cannot bei changed, I read a Zeit article (printed) ~2 years ago that the article about the right for asylum i.e. No. 16 CAN be changed. IIRC it was former constitutional court judge Di Fabio. So that would interfere with your opinion.

They can be changed but they cant be subtantially changed or even abolished, the substance of the article has to remain the same.

Lord Helmchen wrote:I wouldn't sign this tbh because abolishing certain religious traditions wouldn't be against the human dignity but tbf I'm not a lawyer so I cannot say that I'm 100% correct. :lol:

Previous constitutional court rulings have deemed kosher and halal butchering to be coverd under freedom to exercise ones religion.
Image

User avatar
Shrike
Lieutenant General
Posts: 4386
Joined: Sun 22 Sep 2013 04:30
Location: Central California, US
Contact:

Re: World news thread

Postby Shrike » Mon 20 Mar 2017 05:17

Nazis are very despicable. They always rant about how white people are being becoming an oppressed minority and that the government is carrying out some form of white genocide. Meanwhile they fight amongst themselves over gang allegiance.

User avatar
Grabbed_by_the_Spets
General
Posts: 6367
Joined: Fri 16 Mar 2012 11:40
Contact:

Re: World news thread

Postby Grabbed_by_the_Spets » Mon 20 Mar 2017 08:01

Admiral Piett wrote:Some newly discovered Japanese armour. Our understanding of IJA tank development is so shockingly poor that we are still in the process of uncovering new tanks, some of which actually saw combat, like they are Amazonian beetle species or something. :lol:

http://sensha-manual.blogspot.ca/2017/0 ... tanks.html


Is that the same chick as the WarThunder one?
Image

Object199
Warrant Officer
Posts: 425
Joined: Thu 7 Aug 2014 21:12
Contact:

Re: World news thread

Postby Object199 » Mon 20 Mar 2017 14:53

Doinize wrote:You know for how long people have tried to ban the NPD? (only to have it end so anti-climactic lol) It takes both a long time and a fuckton of evidence to ban a party ever since that austrian guy banned all other parties than his own in one sweep.


It´s a shame they changed the judicature, on the other hand a lot of time has passed since 1956. Inb4 someone will get the idea to found the KPD v 2.0.
Image

User avatar
Doinize
Lieutenant
Posts: 1329
Joined: Tue 30 Jul 2013 13:14
Contact:

Re: World news thread

Postby Doinize » Mon 20 Mar 2017 15:30

Object199 wrote:
Doinize wrote:You know for how long people have tried to ban the NPD? (only to have it end so anti-climactic lol) It takes both a long time and a fuckton of evidence to ban a party ever since that austrian guy banned all other parties than his own in one sweep.


It´s a shame they changed the judicature, on the other hand a lot of time has passed since 1956. Inb4 someone will get the idea to found the KPD v 2.0.


The KPD was never banned in East Germany in the first place :^)
155 members, fucking hell :lol:

KPD 2 electric bogaloo exists already tbh
Image

User avatar
Admiral Piett
Colonel
Posts: 2909
Joined: Sun 12 Feb 2012 22:04
Location: Canada
Contact:

Re: World news thread

Postby Admiral Piett » Mon 20 Mar 2017 17:43

Grabbed_by_the_Spets wrote:Is that the same chick as the WarThunder one?


Yeah, she currently advises Gaijin.

Lord Helmchen
Major-General
Posts: 3884
Joined: Tue 5 Mar 2013 00:23
Location: Germany
Contact:

Re: World news thread

Postby Lord Helmchen » Mon 20 Mar 2017 18:25

Doinize wrote:
Lord Helmchen wrote:I doubt that these laws cannot bei changed, I read a Zeit article (printed) ~2 years ago that the article about the right for asylum i.e. No. 16 CAN be changed. IIRC it was former constitutional court judge Di Fabio. So that would interfere with your opinion.

They can be changed but they cant be subtantially changed or even abolished, the substance of the article has to remain the same.
So apparently you're wrong there http://www.tagesspiegel.de/politik/rupert-scholz-ueber-fluechtlingspolitik-da-liegt-die-bundeskanzlerin-falsch/12450400.html.

Lord Helmchen wrote:I wouldn't sign this tbh because abolishing certain religious traditions wouldn't be against the human dignity but tbf I'm not a lawyer so I cannot say that I'm 100% correct. :lol:

Previous constitutional court rulings have deemed kosher and halal butchering to be coverd under freedom to exercise ones religion.

Under the current state of the constitution it's not illegal, yes, but it can be changed with a 2/3 majority.
Image

Return to “Off-Topic”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests