World news thread

Fade2Gray
General

Re: World news thread

Postby Fade2Gray » Fri 9 Jun 2017 08:25

ITT: Once again Lone is bashing everything that isn't good ole 'Muriken Republican values. :roll:

Lone, I'm still waiting for something of substance other than "dig it up yourself." Seriously, stop channeling Darth and have a real discussion, not this "lets see how many fallacies I can throw out" nonsense.
Think you have what it takes to enlist into the military? You sure about that?

Gyg
Chief Warrant Officer

Postby Gyg » Fri 9 Jun 2017 08:48

Sinn Fein gained 3 new seats totaling in 7 out of 18 in NI. So when we will have United Ireland? :P 8-)

Crotou
Colonel

Postby Crotou » Fri 9 Jun 2017 08:58

LoneRifle wrote:All the talk you give about Trump, and when someone even worse shows up

What ?! How ? Did I stay asleep a century ? Is this real life ?

Vulcan 607
Major-General

Postby Vulcan 607 » Fri 9 Jun 2017 09:20

Just a thing as a British gun owner I have seen many shrike and lone complain about British gun laws and attitude to terrorism so I thought I would answer a few questions.

I can own any shotgun with a max capacity of 3 rounds on a shotgun certificate this is relatively easy to obtain.

As for a firearms license I can own an air rifle over 12ftlbs a 22lr including semi autos and any type of bolt action if I have a place to use it. This includes straight pull AR type rifles.

In Northern Ireland I could buy a handgun.

The current laws came about due to the Dunblane massacre, when a creepy guy who liked to take photos of young boys swimming shot a load of kids with some handguns. This was a failure by police to to preform a simple check properly if they had there is no way he would have got a gun, and yes us shooters got punished because the police cocked up big time.

On the effectiveness of the law this cannot be denied we do not have school massacres like the US and its fellow failed state Pakistan. Gun crime still exists but it is rare by the standards of the rest of the world.

Now onto cameras Shrike why do you think we have those cameras? It might have something to do with terrorism you Americans like to forget about arming the IRA for 40+ years but us brits don't the UK was subjected to a rather brutal bombing campaign if you want to know.

Now IRA weapons these weapons came from all over mainly from Warsaw Pact countries Libya and our closest ally the good old US of A. Now I am not going to lie it is funny an American telling the UK we are fighting terrorism wrong because it's not like we haven't had practice fighting the bastards your fellow countrymen armed! Look up the beast of Armagh that was an American supplie m82 think it last killed a British soldier in 97 imagine a US soldier on patrol in his own country getting blown apart by a .50. Now imagine it was supplied by individuals in the UK and we did sod all about it, how angry would you Americans get? Considering Americans were all for invading France after they said Iraq was a bad idea I am guessing a cruise missile barrage and regime change!

Fade2Gray
General

Postby Fade2Gray » Fri 9 Jun 2017 09:24

Apparently according to r/t_d, its the "young generation" that is going to be the "doom of us all."

It is interesting to see how they are terrified of everything that doesn't toe their line.
Think you have what it takes to enlist into the military? You sure about that?

Mitchverr
More than 10 000 messages. Soldier you are the leader of all armies!

Postby Mitchverr » Fri 9 Jun 2017 09:34

LoneRifle wrote:That's just hysteria Mitch. How are the big bad Tories gonna abuse the ability to "arrest terrorists?". You think they are going to go around arresting their political opponents? Sureee. She isn't Erdogan. You really want Terrorist attacks to stop? Like REALLY want them to? Well, your going to have to let the security services go beyond what they can do now, because right now they clearly are failing.

And looking for an apology from a politician? Sure, when the pigs fly apologies will be a close second. I'm still waiting on an apology from Clinton calling me a deplorable. While we are at it, some people here could apologize for calling me a "Slaver". You may support the Lib Dems, but your going to have to pick between the two who you want as PM unless Farron can somehow convince one of the two parties to make him PM.

Hysteria? No, the tories have a history of going further than they say, mixed with her manifesto on internet and privacy rights, theres genuine concern about what her party will do for people liberties. As an american who is all about "my freedoms" i am suprised you are so on board with somebody whom is literally wanting to be able to read your personal information on a whim.

They wanted to implement these laws since before terrorism was an actual problem, all the terrorists so far have been people they already knew about, all terrorists so far were not radicalised with the internet but in mosques, specifically by followers of 1 person whom I wont name. Not to mention half a dozen attacks were stopped already and intel leaks have said it had nothing to do with internet snooping.

The tories dont care about the collatoral damage so long as they get their agenda done. Cameron apologised for plenty of things, May has yet to do so, her policies have directly contributed heavily to a steep rise in homelessness in the UK, to people whom have extreme medical issues including people whom would be in a hospice if there was room going through fear of how they will pay for their next meal and so on. But no, she is double downing on this stuff and making it worse for people, instead of learning "this isnt helping the country" she is making stuff worse, and economists across the spectrum agree on that.

Then you have her complete effing disconnect with how polling works, she was 20 points ahead, suddenly she dropped to as little as 1 at some points against Corbyn, have you actually LOOKED at her manifesto? Any "freedom loving american" would be horrified by it. Her manifesto at times dropped her 19 points..... It is literally that disgusting, and she DOESNT CARE, that makes her a terrible leader, she will nail her flag to the mast of a sinking ship even when the crew tell her they are sinking, thats her mentality.

If Brexit wasnt an issue this election, her party would have lost, hard, very hard..... The only reason they are doing so well is due to a significant brexit vote by people who voted leave, they gained 13 seats in scotland, something they aint done in over 30 years pretty much on the back of brexit, and you are telling me that she is better? Those 13 seats outside of brexit wouldnt have voted tory, the average for tory in scotland is 1, so if no brexit, thats at least 12 seats less than they would have had in a single area alone, in my region, the tories won by a couple thousand votes, however again this was on brexit, the labour party went up by 2 to 3 times % of votes this election here, something that has NEVER HAPPENED BEFORE even though we were a strong brexit region.

As for the police failing, losing 20k or so cops does that. Currently potential terrorists can be dealt with easily by the creation of new law that doesnt breech human rights and by already implemented laws on extremist ideology. We cannot become a country of guilty till proven innocent.

As for your complaints about how the labour party will deal with it, i am not happy there either, however, least they wont give up my liberty for security, as the old saying goes then i wont have either.

And going on from labour, if they are forced into a coalition, it will be a significantly sized 1, where pretty much anyone can stop their crazy from happening, dont worry, the SNP and the lib dems are common sense enough to not let him do his most extreme work. He was never going to win, but he could win with support of others, May is now in the same boat, so she can also be limited.

Finally think of it this way lone, only May could risk losing to Corbyn...... Corbyn stood a legit chance of winning against May, as bad as you say Corbyn is, what does that say about May?
Last edited by Mitchverr on Fri 9 Jun 2017 10:43, edited 5 times in total.

Crotou
Colonel

Postby Crotou » Fri 9 Jun 2017 09:37

Vulcan 607 wrote: Now imagine it was supplied by individuals in the UK and we did sod all about it, how angry would you Americans get? Considering Americans were all for invading France after they said Iraq was a bad idea I am guessing a cruise missile barrage and regime change!

They didn't invade because we have the most cheesy weapon in here : the camembert! Do you want some ?

Grabbed_by_the_Spets
General

Postby Grabbed_by_the_Spets » Fri 9 Jun 2017 10:07

Crotou wrote:
Vulcan 607 wrote: Now imagine it was supplied by individuals in the UK and we did sod all about it, how angry would you Americans get? Considering Americans were all for invading France after they said Iraq was a bad idea I am guessing a cruise missile barrage and regime change!

They didn't invade because we have the most cheesy weapon in here : the camembert! Do you want some ?

*DIVINITY FLASHBACKS INTENSIFIES*

Grabbed_by_the_Spets
General

Postby Grabbed_by_the_Spets » Fri 9 Jun 2017 10:36

LoneRifle wrote:The lack of firearms hasn't deterred terrorists nor kept the body count down. And while you can't catch 100% of terrorists, clearly there is much room for improvement in Europe right now.

You must have missed the part where bartenders were able to fend off the knife attackers with chairs and beer bottles, it'd be a different story had they had guns.

Vulcan 607
Major-General

Postby Vulcan 607 » Fri 9 Jun 2017 10:42

Crotou wrote:

I have never said no to cheese well unless it's American their stuff is crap

Return to “Off-Topic”