World news thread

varis
Brigadier

Re: World news thread

Postby varis » Thu 5 Oct 2017 22:37

Frencho wrote:Actually before his Address, memes mocking the Kings silence/absence were trending a lot, Spaniards wanted him to pitch in...

Speaking Western Europe, if the monarchs have a political role it could be a kind of a safety valve system, breaking political deadlocks etc. Looks like under the Finnish system, the president's role is evolving to the same direction, not much powers otherwise than access to the media and the citizens (and foreign nations) usually listening to what you have to say.

I thought the main criticism against kings (and presidents, I guess) nowadays is the excessive cost of supporting their luxurious lifestyle. But people still actually want that. Populism and elitism at the same time.

Xeno426
Carbon 13

Postby Xeno426 » Thu 5 Oct 2017 23:59

varis wrote:I thought the main criticism against kings (and presidents, I guess) nowadays is the excessive cost of supporting their luxurious lifestyle. But people still actually want that. Populism and elitism at the same time.

CloakandDagger wrote:And you're one of the people with the shiny colored name. No wonder the game is in the state it's in.

Gyg
Chief Warrant Officer

Postby Gyg » Fri 6 Oct 2017 07:22

I've just read an article of polish corespondent in Barcelona. He states that lot of material of supposed Spanish police brutality is edited material. It is said that only 4 people remained in hospital during the night between Sunday and Monday.
Link to article in polish:
http://gosc.pl/doc/4227201.Wielka-manipulacja
Just to put things into perspective - the site is a polish catholic magazine so it is conservative.

Doinize
Lieutenant

Postby Doinize » Sat 7 Oct 2017 10:45

Frencho wrote:Moreover Catalunya is the ONLY Spanish region with the PRIVILEGE to field it's very own police force, Mossos d'Escuadra.

Thats just straight up not true...
There is the Ertzaintza in the Basque country and the Policía Foral in Navarra.
The "minority regions" all have contol over thier own police force and those forces also take the role of the Guardia Civil in those regions.

Frencho
Lieutenant

Postby Frencho » Sat 7 Oct 2017 21:41

Doinize wrote:
Frencho wrote:Moreover Catalunya is the ONLY Spanish region with the PRIVILEGE to field it's very own police force, Mossos d'Escuadra.

Thats just straight up not true...
There is the Ertzaintza in the Basque country and the Policía Foral in Navarra.
The "minority regions" all have contol over thier own police force and those forces also take the role of the Guardia Civil in those regions.

You're right, was listening to pundits discussing the Catalan crisis and they said that Catalunya was the "only region with the privilege to field a police force and administer their prisons" but turns out it's only true for the latter. Only Catalunya runs their prisons.

Now, I might be mistaken but after a quick search, seems that in Navarra and the Basque Country there's is still some token Guardia Civil and Policia Nacional presence. Which is not the case for Catalunya, since 2008 the Mossos are deployed everywhere and there's not a single Guardia Civil/Policia Nacional barracks/stations.

So that might explain the pundits angle.

StalkerDellaNote
Lieutenant

Postby StalkerDellaNote » Mon 9 Oct 2017 09:08

I just don't get it, I'm a huge fan of the show, Dan Harmon is truly one of my idols.. But the fucking obsessive harrassing fandom is ludicrous! The sauce deabacle is icing on the "these people are fucking retarded" cake..
"Re: Winter maps?" wrote:Maybe if they ever set Wargame in Scandinavia.

Doinize
Lieutenant

Postby Doinize » Wed 11 Oct 2017 12:40

The cuckalonian government backed down and now the government in Madrid might come down hard. They are discussing dissolving their Parlament.

Markenzwieback
Captain

Postby Markenzwieback » Wed 11 Oct 2017 15:38

Doinize wrote:The cuckalonian government backed down and now the government in Madrid might come down hard. They are discussing dissolving their Parlament.

u mad brah?

Doinize
Lieutenant

Postby Doinize » Wed 11 Oct 2017 17:07

Markenzwieback wrote:
Doinize wrote:The cuckalonian government backed down and now the government in Madrid might come down hard. They are discussing dissolving their Parlament.

u mad brah?

Well first dissolving the Parliament would be an absolute dick move and second I just lost the chance to volunteer in a spanish civil war so yeah Im pretty pissed...

Return to “Off-Topic”