World news thread

Grabbed_by_the_Spets
General

Re: World news thread

Postby Grabbed_by_the_Spets » Tue 24 Apr 2018 10:17

Live by a fairly busy street with a lot of drunk drivers, it's amazing how fast cars go when disobeying the speed limit.

Doinize
Lieutenant

Postby Doinize » Tue 24 Apr 2018 21:38

A fucking Incel terrorist attack. I want off this ride...

Killertomato
More than 10 000 messages. Soldier you are the leader of all armies!

Postby Killertomato » Wed 25 Apr 2018 05:50

Doinize wrote:A fucking Incel terrorist attack. I want off this ride...

Supreme Gentlemen
orcbuster wrote:USSR gets prototype marsupials, why would you need moose when you got stuff with kickers like that AND transport capability? And I'm not even gonna START on the french Marsupilami, I don't even think thats a real animal! Why no trolls for Norway?

another505

Postby another505 » Wed 25 Apr 2018 06:05

StalkerDellaNote wrote:

It really gets me heated that the numbers are so high.. I'd understand it all if it were like "3 dead, 4 injured after van jumps curb, ploughs through a few people, slams into pole"

But nooOOoo

It's fucking 22 victims, 10/22 dead.. so far

Multiple outlets have reported the guy just mobbed it down the sidewalk for about a mile, therefore I'm left hoping, for humanity's sake, the 10 dead were lined up like bowling pins where he first jumped the curb. Do people not pay attention? How do you not see the commotion down the block and think "Hmm, there's a van doing like 40 down the sidewalk. Maybe I should, IDK, get in this building and not get mowed down?"

If he did it the way that makes sense, hit and run, move down a few blocks, repeat, then the numbers add up. But then another question.. Is Toronto completely devoid of people with common sense or courage? I've seen folks chase down a hit and run driver after they gave a complete stranger's car a little 'love tap' here in LA, it's the decent thing to do! You don't just go let the guy clean up his fucking spare on another crowd!

Ugh, It's a tragedy and my heart sincerely goes out to victims and their families but I can't help but be frustrated.. frustrated that, from my perspective, they just let themselves get hurt

As a torontorian who lives 15min drive away from the scene
nobody is expecting this, unlike Europe or America, Canada rarely gets "attacked" by foreign or homegrown terrorist.(It does happen but rare)
I dont think we have this mentality of saving the day cause we rarely ever have these stuffs to put us in alert or caution in our mind

also, yonge area is a busy and populated area, bystander effect probably is really high
Of Salt

Bubcv
Sergeant

Postby Bubcv » Wed 25 Apr 2018 12:42

varis
Brigadier

Postby varis » Thu 26 Apr 2018 01:51

another505 wrote:
StalkerDellaNote wrote:Multiple outlets have reported the guy just mobbed it down the sidewalk for about a mile, therefore I'm left hoping, for humanity's sake, the 10 dead were lined up like bowling pins where he first jumped the curb. Do people not pay attention? How do you not see the commotion down the block and think "Hmm, there's a van doing like 40 down the sidewalk. Maybe I should, IDK, get in this building and not get mowed down?"

If he did it the way that makes sense, hit and run, move down a few blocks, repeat, then the numbers add up. But then another question.. Is Toronto completely devoid of people with common sense or courage? I've seen folks chase down a hit and run driver after they gave a complete stranger's car a little 'love tap' here in LA, it's the decent thing to do! You don't just go let the guy clean up his fucking spare on another crowd!

Ugh, It's a tragedy and my heart sincerely goes out to victims and their families but I can't help but be frustrated.. frustrated that, from my perspective, they just let themselves get hurt

As a torontorian who lives 15min drive away from the scene
nobody is expecting this, unlike Europe or America, Canada rarely gets "attacked" by foreign or homegrown terrorist.(It does happen but rare)
I dont think we have this mentality of saving the day cause we rarely ever have these stuffs to put us in alert or caution in our mind

also, yonge area is a busy and populated area, bystander effect probably is really high

But just that happened with Finland's first wannabe-terrorist attack in Turku, people were at least running after the stabber and shouting. (Before he was stopped by the police and put to trial.) Terrorism had been all over the news for 1-2 years though, and we've had a few of our homegrown looneys too.

A lot depends on the particular conditions I guess. A major urban area can have lots of noise and distraction, and in an emergency it's probably a challenge to piece it together what exactly is happening before it's over. Many people just get petrified and stare in an emergency, the rest might not come up with a workable action plan, depends a lot on who is there.

Edit: One starts to wonder how high the standards for police officers are in many places. The officer (a 2nd generation immigrant btw) who arrested the attacker made a non-violent arrest after being pointed at by what appeared (or might have appeared, at first sight) a handgun.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toronto/p ... -1.4634995

Grabbed_by_the_Spets
General

Postby Grabbed_by_the_Spets » Fri 27 Apr 2018 07:42

[url]https://i.imgur.com/eNhv5WL.jpg
[/url]
Hopefully this is the beginning of the end of this war.

Fade2Gray
General

Postby Fade2Gray » Fri 27 Apr 2018 14:23

Grabbed_by_the_Spets wrote:[url]https://i.imgur.com/eNhv5WL.jpg
[/url]
Hopefully this is the beginning of the end of this war.

Well, Kim says it is, now to see if he is serious about it or if there's more shenanigans down the road as he goes back to what Juche has been doing for decades. Only time will tell, but it is a positive step.
Think you have what it takes to enlist into the military? You sure about that?

Mike

Postby Mike » Fri 27 Apr 2018 22:51

Courtesy of KattiValk

StalkerDellaNote
Lieutenant

Postby StalkerDellaNote » Sat 28 Apr 2018 08:11

"Re: Winter maps?" wrote:Maybe if they ever set Wargame in Scandinavia.

Return to “Off-Topic”