World news thread

D-M

Re: World news thread

Postby D-M » Tue 11 Sep 2018 00:58

Some boats don't just sink after taking a hit.

Fade2Gray
General

Postby Fade2Gray » Thu 13 Sep 2018 13:45

Can someone enlighten me as to what the EU is thinking? I'm seeing a whole lot of stuff on "banned memes" and the American alt-right going nuts with it.
Think you have what it takes to enlist into the military? You sure about that?

Pr.shadocko
First Sergeant

Postby Pr.shadocko » Thu 13 Sep 2018 18:06

Fade2Gray wrote:Can someone enlighten me as to what the EU is thinking? I'm seeing a whole lot of stuff on "banned memes" and the American alt-right going nuts with it.

basically, trying to tip the balance for content creator instead of Google/Facebook, currently their news feed use Press material without paying much or anything to them as an exemple.

But this text seems to have some grey area which can potentially restrict some freedoms.

Thing is, i have read so much pro- and counter-arguments, that i can't tell how the practical application will be.

Anyway, the text have made only through the first stage.

For legal funtime, the text: https://eur-lex.europa.eu/legal-content ... 2016PC0593
(c) Darkmil

Shrike
Lieutenant General

Postby Shrike » Sat 15 Sep 2018 05:15

Article 11: More European protectionism which will probably go unnoticed.

Article 13: Also known as how to play countries into Putin's hands.

D-M

Postby D-M » Tue 18 Sep 2018 10:17

So it seems Syria got a red on red and destroyed a Russian Il-20 and Russia, being the lying fuck that it is is now hinting that's it was a Frenh frigate that did the killing...

Bubcv
Sergeant

Postby Bubcv » Wed 19 Sep 2018 00:29

There is not much talk about the French. They say on all TV channels that Israel warned only for a minute, IL-20 did not manage to leave the dangerous area. Shot down С-200 сирия, but not to blame.
in general, judging by the attitude towards Russia. I will not cry when our army hurt you, and it's going to happen soon.

D-M

Postby D-M » Wed 19 Sep 2018 08:22

There is not much talk about the French. They say on all TV channels that Israel warned only for a minute, IL-20 did not manage to leave the dangerous area. Shot down С-200 сирия, but not to blame.
in general, judging by the attitude towards Russia. I will not cry when our army hurt you, and it's going to happen soon.

Well, the initial reports from Russia blamed the French http://tass.com/defense/1022002

It's only later that they admitted it's was the Syrian doing crap but the french are still somehow to blame.
http://tass.com/defense/1022076

Fade2Gray
General

Postby Fade2Gray » Thu 20 Sep 2018 06:07

Ummm, hey Poland?

'Fort Trump'? Polish President urges US to consider opening base
Https://www-m.cnn.com/2018/09/18/politi ... index.html

STOP IT
Think you have what it takes to enlist into the military? You sure about that?

Doinize
Lieutenant

Postby Doinize » Fri 21 Sep 2018 21:12

About two weeks ago the Bundeswehr had a manouver in which they wanted to train firefighting, so they shot a roket into some dry ass bog in the middle of nowhere and then, in true Bundeswehr fashion, thier vehicles broke down and long story short, you can see that fire from space now...

Markenzwieback
Captain

Postby Markenzwieback » Sat 22 Sep 2018 09:29

Doinize wrote:About two weeks ago the Bundeswehr had a manouver in which they wanted to train firefighting, so they shot a roket into some dry ass bog in the middle of nowhere and then, in true Bundeswehr fashion, thier vehicles broke down and long story short, you can see that fire from space now...

Might wanna do some proper research, if you want to shittalk our armed forces.

They didnt want to train firefighting, but had to conduct a sheduled weapons testing run (Meppen houses the WTD 91, one of the armed forces testing facilities). During that they shot a rocket into dried out marshland (as per the thousands of times before). Only problem now was that one of their two special firefighting vehicles was in repair for some time already and the other broke down during firefighting, effectively leaving them without accesss to the area. To further complicate things, the area is also highly contaminated by old munitions, as it was used by the military since 1877.

https://www.dw.com/en/german-moorland-f ... a-45590381

Return to “Off-Topic”