World news thread

Fade2Gray
General

Re: World news thread

Postby Fade2Gray » Mon 15 Apr 2019 06:20

LoneRifle wrote:I leave for a bit and...

Have you enlisted yet or not? No? Let me guess, just dropping by to sneer at people again?
Think you have what it takes to enlist into the military? You sure about that?

alphazulu90
Command Sergeant Major

Postby alphazulu90 » Tue 16 Apr 2019 17:04

This brings back memories.
Spoiler : :
“Even though I walk
through the darkest valley,
I will fear no evil,
for you are with me;
your rod and your staff,
they comfort me."

Xeno426
Carbon 13

Postby Xeno426 » Thu 18 Apr 2019 01:28

Militant atheists? Sounds more like a term used to dismiss a group. I mean, atheism is a lack of a belief in any theology, not a belief system itself.
CloakandDagger wrote:And you're one of the people with the shiny colored name. No wonder the game is in the state it's in.

Shrike
Lieutenant General

Postby Shrike » Thu 18 Apr 2019 07:02

Xeno426 wrote:Militant atheists? Sounds more like a term used to dismiss a group. I mean, atheism is a lack of a belief in any theology, not a belief system itself.

I think he referring to aggressively rude reddit type atheists. Other than that not sure.

Although he isn't wrong about Corbyn and the increasing acceptance of Anti-semitism, with Bibi in charge of Israel, it seems harder and harder to try justify supporting them. Also considering that younger generations in Israel are becoming more conservative and less liberal, and Nutty doesn't seem interested in giving the Palestinians living in the westbank citizenship.

Seems like a bad situation we are heading toward regardless.

Xeno426
Carbon 13

Postby Xeno426 » Thu 18 Apr 2019 14:44

So, because Israel is acting the big dick, people should be prejudice against all Jews? That doesn't follow; the focus should be against Israel.
CloakandDagger wrote:And you're one of the people with the shiny colored name. No wonder the game is in the state it's in.

Shrike
Lieutenant General

Postby Shrike » Fri 19 Apr 2019 16:30

Xeno426 wrote:So, because Israel is acting the big dick, people should be prejudice against all Jews? That doesn't follow; the focus should be against Israel.

It's more than just Israel. The far right has been peddling the "Soros = evil jew seeking world domination" conspiracy for quite some time now to pick up a few more followers. There is also the global bankers and business owners conspiracy used as a means to justify hatred of all jews used by both sides of the horseshoe.

In the UK the labour party under Corbyn has been in this direct for awhile now as well.
https://twitter.com/Yair_Rosenberg/stat ... 96480?s=19
which even far-right news source has tried to defend Corbyn
https://www.breitbart.com/europe/2019/0 ... m-problem/

As far as Israel is concerned, it quite possible to criticize the country without being a bigot. However, most people use it as a low hanging fruit just to get away with soft discrimination.

Grabbed_by_the_Spets
General

Postby Grabbed_by_the_Spets » Mon 22 Apr 2019 19:17

Fade2Gray wrote:

Have you enlisted yet or not? No? Let me guess, just dropping by to sneer at people again?

He gets triggered when I point out that religious lobbies pour billions upon billions of dollars into funding political sugar-daddies.

Back on topic, Julian Assange's arrest give me mixed feelings. He was defiantly not a very nice person, however one can't discount how much of an impact wikileaks and Manning's whistle-blowing had on society.

Also, I know he won't read this, but here's some proof of the NRA trying to sully international politics.

https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2019/03/sell-massacre-nra-playbook-revealed-190325111828105.html

Posting because it's more of an interesting read than anything, it was accompanied by a ~40 minute documentary which was a great eye-opener

Fade2Gray
General

Postby Fade2Gray » Tue 30 Apr 2019 16:24

Grabbed_by_the_Spets wrote:
Fade2Gray wrote:

He gets triggered when I point out that religious lobbies pour billions upon billions of dollars into funding political sugar-daddies.

At least I had a giggle over his talk about militant atheists. I mean, really? This is how he deflects away from the powerful pro-Israeli lobby in our country?

So bloody scary!!
Think you have what it takes to enlist into the military? You sure about that?

Xeno426
Carbon 13

Postby Xeno426 » Wed 1 May 2019 00:32

I don't count that lobby as any worse than the myriad of other religious lobbies.

Doinize
Lieutenant

Postby Doinize » Wed 1 May 2019 02:26

Seeing a post from LoneRifle in 2019 is certainly a sight to behold and i dont know how to feel about it

Return to “Off-Topic”