[Non/Future Nation] Baathist Alliance: Iraq and Syria

FrangibleCover
Lieutenant

Re: [Non/Future Nation] Baathist Alliance: Iraq and Syria

Postby FrangibleCover » Sat 21 Jan 2017 23:43

47andrej wrote:Well, Otomatic has 180 HE/min so 64 HE/min is not a big deal(I reduced RoF to 16 cause its the highest i could find)

Range argument is legit, KS-19 gets its shells 15 km high or 21 km far. I'm unsure about accuracy, its automatically radar aimed cannon.
By the way, Baath party flag has some resemblance to Palestine one :)

If we set the ground range to 1925m and buff AP to 11 to compensate, like the tanks of the same era as the KS-19, I'd call that about good. Unless it had noticeably better ground rangefinders and fire-control than a T-55 or a Centurion? HE should maybe be 3 like the D-10T, another Soviet 100mm high-velocity HE-FRAG-shooting gun, but I'm wary of that change since the 4HE allows it to two-shot Apaches and three-shot aircraft. Maybe the ground and air stats are fundamentally incompatible and it should get two sets of gun stats like the ZSU-57-2s? This would also mean it's not vulnerable to SEAD while it's hitting infantry and tanks.

I really like it as a concept, even though it's Syrian it's such an Iraqi solution for long-range AA defence: Bolt BIG GUNZ to unsuitable chassis, no additional armour needed.
[Non-included Nation] Belgium - Spreadsheet
[Non-included Nation] Hungary - Spreadsheet
[Non-included Nation] Pakistan

47andrej
Lieutenant

Postby 47andrej » Thu 2 Feb 2017 19:56

With RedFor salute comrades :)

Airmobile forces

Engineer T-72/Asad Babil

Baby Rafale? No, baby Kfir :twisted:

Mike
More than 10 000 messages. Soldier you are the leader of all armies!

Postby Mike » Sun 5 Feb 2017 19:25

Exocet missiles hit the USS Stark, not a plane as the link name implies.
Courtesy of KattiValk

47andrej
Lieutenant

Postby 47andrej » Sun 5 Feb 2017 21:44

Mike wrote:Exocet missiles hit the USS Stark, not a plane as the link name implies.

Iraq isnt Japan, so i think we can forgive warisboring.com that headline.

Iraqi MIC factories overview from globalsecurity.com.
Iraqi MIC.jpg
Iraqi MIC.jpg (177.11 KiB) Viewed 398 times

Mike
More than 10 000 messages. Soldier you are the leader of all armies!

Postby Mike » Mon 6 Feb 2017 05:37

47andrej wrote:
Mike wrote:Exocet missiles hit the USS Stark, not a plane as the link name implies.

Iraq isnt Japan, so i think we can forgive warisboring.com that headline.

No we can't purely because of all that bullshit about the F-16 walking the F-35.
Courtesy of KattiValk

47andrej
Lieutenant

Postby 47andrej » Mon 6 Feb 2017 19:58

Cause all the 2 WW stuff is so trendy in Wargame lately.
Syrian Panzer IV together with T-34-85 and Jagdpanzer IV. Used in 1967 Arab-Israeli War.

Syrian Commandos :o

47andrej
Lieutenant

Postby 47andrej » Fri 10 Feb 2017 20:02

Iraqi MIC: efforts to develop indigenous air-to-air missiles.

While Gerard Bull is pretty good known in this thread now, there are more skilled people who worked on iraqi projects.

Brazilian air force general and missile engineer Hugo de Oliveira Piva. Piva was the director of the Brazilian Aero­space Technology Center between 1984 and 1989, at which time he retired from the Air Force and founded a consulting company, HOP, through which he did consulting work for the Iraqi government.
Hugo de Oliveira Piva.jpg
Hugo de Oliveira Piva.jpg (18.54 KiB) Viewed 334 times

http://brazilianspace.blogspot.de/2009/11/brigadeiro-hugo-piva-o-von-braun.html

He was a leader of brazilian missile engineers group which worked on brasilian-iraqi short-range AAM Piranha, from 1989 up to outbreak of Gulf War, point when most iraqi programs ended due to physical destruction(Alliance bombing), embargo, and money shortage. It was also setback (once again) for Brazil which developed the missile since 1976.
Piranha.jpg
Piranha.jpg (31 KiB) Viewed 334 times

The data indicate a missile Mectron sensor "passive infrared seeker all-aspect", with characteristic equivalent to the U.S. AIM-9L.

BAGHDAD, Iraq — When Hugo de Oliveira Piva, a retired Brazilian army general, arrived in Baghdad nearly a year ago with 21 handpicked young Brazilian scientists, all were very special guests of Iraqi President Saddam Hussein.

They had come with a top-secret job for the Iraqi leader and his powerful armed forces: to build "the Piranha," a high-tech, air-to-air missile that their own country does not have in its arsenal.

http://articles.latimes.com/1990-10-04/news/mn-2302_1_special-guests

Second iraqi AAM project was "Al-Taq-Ham". Developed by multinational team including iraqi, brazilian, french, german, argentinian and egyptian technicians. Specs are unknown; however wikipedia mentions some iraqi AAM Al Humurrabi - long-range, semi active radar.
Last edited by 47andrej on Sat 11 Feb 2017 00:30, edited 1 time in total.

FrangibleCover
Lieutenant

Postby FrangibleCover » Fri 10 Feb 2017 22:24

So, we'll not discuss quite how I got to this but I've found the actual reason that there are no rifle grenades in game:
viewtopic.php?t=35024&start=1120#p492824
[EUG]MadMat wrote:As shown above, the Blincide was used by the BGS (yet, not Heimatschützen indeed), and the very point of reservists ingame is to give them obsolete armement. The alternative would have been the Energa grenade, but that would have required special animation.

I don't know that Eugen have put a new infantry animation into the game since EE and I can't imagine that they'd start for a DLC. Could Al'Eraq Al-Mghwar receive a more interesting 3rd weapon slot than the obvious RPD/Al Quds or are they doomed to being a Redfor Green Jackets clone? Perhaps an Al Qadesiah but then we're looking at 2/2 sniper recon units and they're a JSDF Ranger clone. Of course, if shock recon were priced based on their AT weapon like normal shock infantry being a Green Jackets clone would be fine.
[Non-included Nation] Belgium - Spreadsheet
[Non-included Nation] Hungary - Spreadsheet
[Non-included Nation] Pakistan

47andrej
Lieutenant

Postby 47andrej » Sat 11 Feb 2017 12:23

FrangibleCover wrote:I don't know that Eugen have put a new infantry animation into the game since EE and I can't imagine that they'd start for a DLC. Could Al'Eraq Al-Mghwar receive a more interesting 3rd weapon slot than the obvious RPD/Al Quds or are they doomed to being a Redfor Green Jackets clone? Perhaps an Al Qadesiah but then we're looking at 2/2 sniper recon units and they're a JSDF Ranger clone. Of course, if shock recon were priced based on their AT weapon like normal shock infantry being a Green Jackets clone would be fine.

That post was before WRD got released. Later in WRD we got polish Formoza and Navy Seals with handheld grenade launchers. So if that animations are ok i cant think why rifle grenade would not. We got some scandinavian guys shooting over 100 kg heavy RCL from shoulder.

Also i thought about stats: 775m and 2 HE; Sniper rifle RoF, cause there was actually more than one grenade launcher in iraqi infantry squad.