[Non included Nation] Thailand

User avatar
FrangibleCover
Lieutenant
Posts: 1387
Joined: Mon 14 Nov 2016 21:34
Contact:

Re: [Non included Nation] Thailand

Postby FrangibleCover » Sun 5 Feb 2017 13:36

phuri45 wrote:I think I found out a solution for Thai line infantry AT.

In the 80s-90s. Thailand bought massive amount of Chinese Type-69 RPG to outright replace the M72 and Super Bazooka. Perhaps, the Type-69-I can be the standard AT weapons for Thai line infantry '95 variant. Also, I found the date M901A3 arrive in Thailand. 1997

Depending on when it started arriving that could be very handy in cutting down the number of prototype units. I'd suggest the Suranari '90 go to M16/Type-69/Minimi or M60 [CQC] depending on when the Minimi arrived. That separates them nicely from Navikkayothin. The Thahan Rab can get it too to make them worth 15 points even without the RPS-001.

I think I'd just roll with the M901A3 anyway, it was in service with the US by 1991 so it's just a matter of shipping. Thailand needs the AT capability.

Eukie wrote:
phuri45 wrote:Jor Tor Tōr (จ.ต.ถ, a shortened version for Thai word "จรวดต่อสู้รถถัง" literally "ATGM"). A five men strong, regular trained squad armed with M16 and M47 Super Dragon ATGM. This will be clearly one of Thailand's main weakness as it lacks any significant ATGM infantry. 15 points. Available Transport: M3 Halftrack, Humvee, M113A1, M113A3, UH-1H Huey.


Did Thailand operate, or even plan to operate, the Super Dragon?

I was just going to ask that actually, I only spotted it now. On one hand, muh Swiss superiority, on the other hand everyone else already has it for no damn reason so what's another card? Ideally it would be a Swiss Specialty, Jor Tor Tōr and Vuurploeg '90 would get the Dragon II or even Base Dragon and Light Riflemen '90 would get the AAWS-M but we can't always get what we want.
[Non-included Nation] Belgium - Spreadsheet
[Non-included Nation] Hungary - Spreadsheet
[Non-included Nation] Pakistan

phuri45
Corporal
Posts: 31
Joined: Sun 1 Jan 2017 10:35
Contact:

Re: [Non included Nation] Thailand

Postby phuri45 » Sun 5 Feb 2017 14:01

Eukie wrote:
phuri45 wrote:Jor Tor Tōr (จ.ต.ถ, a shortened version for Thai word "จรวดต่อสู้รถถัง" literally "ATGM"). A five men strong, regular trained squad armed with M16 and M47 Super Dragon ATGM. This will be clearly one of Thailand's main weakness as it lacks any significant ATGM infantry. 15 points. Available Transport: M3 Halftrack, Humvee, M113A1, M113A3, UH-1H Huey.


Did Thailand operate, or even plan to operate, the Super Dragon?

AFAIK, Thailand received massive amount of Dragons when America start transiting to the Javelin, there's a big possibility of Super Dragon being in the transits
http://forums.eugensystems.com/viewtopic.php?f=104&t=59177

Faction proposal: Thailand. Added as SEA nations DLC with Vietnam.

User avatar
Eukie
Chief Warrant Officer
Posts: 515
Joined: Wed 23 Apr 2014 16:22
Contact:

Re: [Non included Nation] Thailand

Postby Eukie » Sun 5 Feb 2017 14:42

phuri45 wrote:AFAIK, Thailand received massive amount of Dragons when America start transiting to the Javelin, there's a big possibility of Super Dragon being in the transits


Unlikely, since the United States never operated the Super Dragon. Switzerland and the possibly Netherlands did, but the US didn't because they didn't want the costs associated with upgrading their Dragons when they were going to replace them with the Javelin anyway.

phuri45
Corporal
Posts: 31
Joined: Sun 1 Jan 2017 10:35
Contact:

Re: [Non included Nation] Thailand

Postby phuri45 » Sun 5 Feb 2017 14:55

Eukie wrote:
phuri45 wrote:AFAIK, Thailand received massive amount of Dragons when America start transiting to the Javelin, there's a big possibility of Super Dragon being in the transits


Unlikely, since the United States never operated the Super Dragon. Switzerland and the possibly Netherlands did, but the US didn't because they didn't want the costs associated with upgrading their Dragons when they were going to replace them with the Javelin anyway.

Then that would be me mistaking M47 Dragon II and Super Dragon. My apology.
http://forums.eugensystems.com/viewtopic.php?f=104&t=59177

Faction proposal: Thailand. Added as SEA nations DLC with Vietnam.

phuri45
Corporal
Posts: 31
Joined: Sun 1 Jan 2017 10:35
Contact:

Re: [Non included Nation] Thailand

Postby phuri45 » Thu 9 Feb 2017 16:31



EDIT: Fixed broken link
Last edited by phuri45 on Mon 13 Feb 2017 11:12, edited 3 times in total.
http://forums.eugensystems.com/viewtopic.php?f=104&t=59177

Faction proposal: Thailand. Added as SEA nations DLC with Vietnam.

User avatar
Mike
More than 10 000 messages. Soldier you are the leader of all armies!
Posts: 12179
Joined: Thu 20 Feb 2014 01:09
Location: Virginia, United States of America
Contact:

Re: [Non included Nation] Thailand

Postby Mike » Sun 12 Feb 2017 20:17

phuri45 wrote:


You delete everything after the equals sign.
Image
Courtesy of KattiValk

phuri45
Corporal
Posts: 31
Joined: Sun 1 Jan 2017 10:35
Contact:

Re: [Non included Nation] Thailand

Postby phuri45 » Mon 13 Feb 2017 11:15

Mike wrote:
phuri45 wrote:


You delete everything after the equals sign.

OK, done it. As seen in the video, the Spada Aspide is towed. Do we have anything similar to this. Like a towed system being able to fired from their vehicle?
http://forums.eugensystems.com/viewtopic.php?f=104&t=59177

Faction proposal: Thailand. Added as SEA nations DLC with Vietnam.

User avatar
Mike
More than 10 000 messages. Soldier you are the leader of all armies!
Posts: 12179
Joined: Thu 20 Feb 2014 01:09
Location: Virginia, United States of America
Contact:

Re: [Non included Nation] Thailand

Postby Mike » Mon 13 Feb 2017 18:49

phuri45 wrote:
Mike wrote:
phuri45 wrote:


You delete everything after the equals sign.

OK, done it. As seen in the video, the Spada Aspide is towed. Do we have anything similar to this. Like a towed system being able to fired from their vehicle?


No, there aren't towed systems in game unless they were mounted to a vehicle at some point it time.
Image
Courtesy of KattiValk

User avatar
FrangibleCover
Lieutenant
Posts: 1387
Joined: Mon 14 Nov 2016 21:34
Contact:

Re: [Non included Nation] Thailand

Postby FrangibleCover » Mon 13 Feb 2017 19:52

Mike wrote:
phuri45 wrote:OK, done it. As seen in the video, the Spada Aspide is towed. Do we have anything similar to this. Like a towed system being able to fired from their vehicle?

No, there aren't towed systems in game unless they were mounted to a vehicle at some point it time.

Think of the nations that get mobile HAWK even though they only had the towed kind. I reckon sticking it on the back of a truck like antizombies_boy has done for his Spanish and Italian proposals (using NASAMS as a model) isn't too much of a stretch. Heck, even Patriot is mounted to a chassis that it never saw in US service :lol: .

Then, of course, I'm not actually sure that the Yugoslav Neva can fire from the truck without the trailer being unhitched. I'm sure HrcAk47 will be able to tell us that it can actually be fired from the assembly bench with 100% Stealth-seeking accuracy but it's another precedent you can use.
[Non-included Nation] Belgium - Spreadsheet
[Non-included Nation] Hungary - Spreadsheet
[Non-included Nation] Pakistan

User avatar
Mike
More than 10 000 messages. Soldier you are the leader of all armies!
Posts: 12179
Joined: Thu 20 Feb 2014 01:09
Location: Virginia, United States of America
Contact:

Re: [Non included Nation] Thailand

Postby Mike » Tue 14 Feb 2017 00:07

FrangibleCover wrote:
Mike wrote:
phuri45 wrote:OK, done it. As seen in the video, the Spada Aspide is towed. Do we have anything similar to this. Like a towed system being able to fired from their vehicle?

No, there aren't towed systems in game unless they were mounted to a vehicle at some point it time.

Think of the nations that get mobile HAWK even though they only had the towed kind. I reckon sticking it on the back of a truck like antizombies_boy has done for his Spanish and Italian proposals (using NASAMS as a model) isn't too much of a stretch. Heck, even Patriot is mounted to a chassis that it never saw in US service :lol: .

Then, of course, I'm not actually sure that the Yugoslav Neva can fire from the truck without the trailer being unhitched. I'm sure HrcAk47 will be able to tell us that it can actually be fired from the assembly bench with 100% Stealth-seeking accuracy but it's another precedent you can use.


The mobile HAWK was given to everyone that operated the HAWK so they would have some kinda long range AA.
Image
Courtesy of KattiValk

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests