Anyone else ice/inline skate?

StalkerDellaNote
Lieutenant

Anyone else ice/inline skate?

Postby StalkerDellaNote » Thu 14 Sep 2017 04:05

I do both, I play ice hockey and I work part time at a drive-in in between work seasons instead of going on unemployment cause handouts can blow me ;)

Anyways, any of y'all skate, and if so what's your go-to skate/set-up? I run vintage set of CCM Super Tacks and a new set of Bauer Vapor 1X's for ice and and a vintage set of CCM Ultra 100's with magnesium Labeda chassis for inline.
"Re: Winter maps?" wrote:Maybe if they ever set Wargame in Scandinavia.

Mike
More than 10 000 messages. Soldier you are the leader of all armies!

Re: Anyone else ice/inline skate?

Postby Mike » Fri 15 Sep 2017 04:58

I tried ice skating and I would've been better off with tennis shoes.
Courtesy of KattiValk

varis
Brigadier

Postby varis » Fri 15 Sep 2017 23:39

For the once per season skate, I use K2 speedskates, 4 x 84mm long wheelbase platform. No idea what was the model of the skate, K2 has like 5 other brands on the skate but didn't bother to mark the model.

Edit: Looking at what K2 is offering today the most obvious changes seem to be a few new brand names for things https://www.sportchek.ca/categories/equ ... 39964.html

I started 10+ years ago when it was really trendy, our great Mr.President was doing that and getting run over by tsunamis back in the day. I used to do a fair amount of ice skating but nowadays there's so much else to do during the winters.

zervostyrd
Lieutenant

Postby zervostyrd » Sat 16 Sep 2017 00:01

I played hockey from when I was 6 until 18-19 something. Haven't been on ice much after that though, can't remember what brand or model I had on anything really though, I'm sure I have have had atleast one pair of skates by CCM, Bauer and Reebok, but in what order and what models..

And inline was the summer practice, the kids on the bloc all had them and we either went racing, or we played hockey with them (though they chewed through wheels like it wasn't funny).

StalkerDellaNote
Lieutenant

Postby StalkerDellaNote » Sat 16 Sep 2017 05:11

I'm 22 now, been skating since I was 7, it's never been trendy in my lifetime, in High School my bike's would always get stolen at school and since my school was 15 miles away I needed a fast way to get there so I'd skate instead! Kids would make plenty fun of me until they'd see me zoomin by their sweaty asses walking while I hitch a ride on some shmuck's bumper

zervostyrd wrote:though they chewed through wheels like it wasn't funny.

Feeeelss, anything other than 84A for me dies in a few weeks. When working at the drive-in I'm spending 50+ hrs a week on skates so them wheels melt pretty quick
"Re: Winter maps?" wrote:Maybe if they ever set Wargame in Scandinavia.

another505
More than 10 000 messages. Soldier you are the leader of all armies!

Postby another505 » Sat 16 Sep 2017 05:15

I could skate somewhat, like i can move around without falling but quite slow, but i prefer skiing more

Skiing is just so much more fun
Of Salt

varis
Brigadier

Postby varis » Sat 16 Sep 2017 11:51

StalkerDellaNote wrote:Feeeelss, anything other than 84A for me dies in a few weeks. When working at the drive-in I'm spending 50+ hrs a week on skates so them wheels melt pretty quick

I might have 50h total on my 84mm :) They still got some miles, though brake pad should be replaced soon. I rotated the wheels once... perhaps twice. Wonder if the 90mm (100mm?) ones are more durable.

zervostyrd
Lieutenant

Postby zervostyrd » Sat 16 Sep 2017 14:43

another505 wrote:I could skate somewhat, like i can move around without falling but quite slow, but i prefer skiing more

Skiing is just so much more fun

Ugh, never catched the fun in cross country skiing. (Downhill is pretty fun).

Since school when the "ski kids" went zooming past me while I was struggling uphill with my dads, way to long, skis becasue I couldn't find mine, I have felt nothing but utter contempt against it. Unless I need to I won't put on a ski. And it doesn't help that my younger brother is a much better skier than me either...