Crotou
Colonel

Re: Eugen employees on strike

Postby Crotou » Thu 15 Mar 2018 12:54

http://www.lemonde.fr/pixels/article/20 ... 08996.html

:roll: French politics at its finest.

Google trad :
Spoiler : :
Did LR de Calvados member, Sébastien Leclerc, take advantage of his public mandate to favor the private interests of the family of a close collaborator? The question arises after the intervention of the parliamentarian on March 6. In a question to Labor Minister Muriel Pénicaud, Leclerc has openly called for "an end to [the] hijacking" of video game company Eugen System, whose employees have been on strike since 14 February.

He mentions strikers mobilized "to challenge elements of their employment contracts", handed over to "the ninth strike this company has been going through since the spring of 2016", organized by the young video game workers' union, which it would be, according to it, "quite possible [to] register also as anarchist political party". And to grieve:

"[I] regret the impact that these movements have on the activity of the company Eugen Systems, an independent French company, having proven itself for twenty years in a highly competitive sector. "

Problem, Sebastien Leclerc frequents the same benches as ... the sister of the leader of Eugen Systems, Virginie Le Dressay, adviser of Calvados.

Former vice-president of the county council of the same department, Sébastien Leclerc belongs to the same political family (UDI, DVD) as Virginie Le Dressay. Do they know each other? Yes. He is a Facebook friend with the counselor of Calvados; they attended the same bodies, such as the board of directors of the departmental Fire and Rescue Service of Calvados in 2014; and marched in the same demonstrations, like that of the elected representatives of the country of Auge against the law Allur in 2015.

Is there a link of interest between them? Yes, also: Virginie Le Dressay was one of the political supporters of Sébastien Leclerc for his campaign for the 2017 elections.

According to the Rules of Professional Conduct of the National Assembly, a conflict of interest is defined as "a situation of interference between the duties of the Member and a private interest which, by its nature and intensity, can reasonably be regarded as likely to influence or seem to influence the exercise of his parliamentary functions ".

Contacted by Le Monde, neither Sébastien Leclerc, nor Virginie Le Dressay, nor Cédric Le Dressay answered our questions.

D-M

Postby D-M » Thu 15 Mar 2018 18:47

The plot thickens !

The gov's answer promise to be quite educative.

Killertomato
More than 10 000 messages. Soldier you are the leader of all armies!

Postby Killertomato » Fri 16 Mar 2018 01:30

Wargame: Employment Escalation
orcbuster wrote:USSR gets prototype marsupials, why would you need moose when you got stuff with kickers like that AND transport capability? And I'm not even gonna START on the french Marsupilami, I don't even think thats a real animal! Why no trolls for Norway?

Fade2Gray
General

Postby Fade2Gray » Fri 16 Mar 2018 16:03

Wait a minute...

He mentions strikers mobilized "to challenge elements of their employment contracts", handed over to "the ninth strike this company has been going through since the spring of 2016", organized by the young video game workers' union, which it would be, according to it, "quite possible [to] register also as anarchist political party".

There has been 9 strikes at EUGEN since 2016? O_o

Lawdy...
Think you have what it takes to enlist into the military? You sure about that?

[EUG]MadMat

Postby [EUG]MadMat » Fri 16 Mar 2018 16:44

Fade2Gray wrote:There has been 9 strikes at EUGEN since 2016? O_o

No, only that one.
The 8 "previous strikes" were national strikes against government reforms (Loi Travail if you know a bit about French politics) for which some individual employees declared themselves as strikers to go demonstrate in the street.
It was nation-wide movements, not related to Eugen.

Do not take what you read, from both sides, at face-value.

Fade2Gray
General

Postby Fade2Gray » Sat 17 Mar 2018 06:59

[EUG]MadMat wrote:
Fade2Gray wrote:There has been 9 strikes at EUGEN since 2016? O_o

No, only that one.
The 8 "previous strikes" were national strikes against government reforms (Loi Travail if you know a bit about French politics) for which some individual employees declared themselves as strikers to go demonstrate in the street.
It was nation-wide movements, not related to Eugen.

Do not take what you read, from both sides, at face-value.

Oh, oops...

I need to brush up on recent French history. Actually, pretty much all of French history for that matter.

Grabbed_by_the_Spets
General

Postby Grabbed_by_the_Spets » Sat 17 Mar 2018 20:29

Fade2Gray wrote: Actually, pretty much all of French history for that matter.

You're going to need a while...

[EUG]MadMat

Postby [EUG]MadMat » Sat 17 Mar 2018 20:54

You can start here:

:)

Fade2Gray
General

Postby Fade2Gray » Sat 17 Mar 2018 22:48

Grabbed_by_the_Spets wrote:
Fade2Gray wrote: Actually, pretty much all of French history for that matter.

You're going to need a while...

Yeah I'm reading the Inheritance of Rome: a History of Europe from 400 to 1000 by Christopher Wickham right now, and it touches on early French history a bit under Charlemagne and afterwards a bit, and goodness does that book open a can of worms into so much more I'm curious about.

[EUG]MadMat wrote:You can start here:

:)

Nifty, any books to suggest? I'm on a reading frenzy as of late since I'm away from home and my PC, so instead of a lot of vidya gaming in my off time I'm reading instead.

Crotou
Colonel

Postby Crotou » Sun 18 Mar 2018 00:13

You can try Bernard Bachrach's books. He studied european medieval history a lot (mostly the warfare aspect).

If you are looking for a more global approach, "The History of the World" by J. M. Roberts et O. A. Westad would fit pretty well.

"S.P.Q.R." by Mary Beard is an excellent read too.

Return to “Off-Topic”