Razzmann
General

Re: Eugen employees on strike

Postby Razzmann » Thu 29 Mar 2018 14:11

Fade2Gray
General

Postby Fade2Gray » Thu 29 Mar 2018 20:29

Razzmann wrote:https://www.stjv.fr/en/2018/03/6-weeks-of-struggle-at-eugen-systems/

Well, that is... grim. Is there anything else that they can do, other than keep striking? I guess I'll have to wait to see if one of the other EUGEN employees who are not striking at the moment wants to give us more of an update from their viewpoint.

Crotou wrote:"S.P.Q.R." by Mary Beard is an excellent read too.

Ack, I actually own that one already, but there's a problem for me...

It's back in Michigan at home and I'm no where near there at the moment.
Think you have what it takes to enlist into the military? You sure about that?

Steamfunk
Lieutenant

Postby Steamfunk » Fri 27 Apr 2018 19:13

Any update on this?

Grabbed_by_the_Spets
General

Postby Grabbed_by_the_Spets » Sun 29 Apr 2018 07:21

Steamfunk wrote:Any update on this?

It's not happening anymore.

https://www.stjv.fr/en/2018/04/end-of-the-strike-at-eugen-systems/

satinaali61
Private

Postby satinaali61 » Tue 8 May 2018 15:45

Razzmann wrote:Another article: https://www.factornews.com/interview/st ... 43805.html

Google translate:

Valentine's Day is loving couples who walk hand in hand, but sometimes it is also breaks. And sometimes, they are pretty brutal.
Today, some twenty people in their fifties working at Eugen System, the Parisian studio responsible for R.U.S.E or more recently Steel Division, went on strike at midday. It has been some time since the discontent among the employees of the studio, dissatisfaction that crystallized today when employees discovered irregularities in the settlement of their January salary assurances deces. The group of developers therefore decided to go on strike and meet to discuss their demands, which will be added to the already long list of grievances that exist between the management and the development teams, detailed in particular in a Mediapart article on working conditions in the French JV.

We were able to interview a person employed by the studio about this social movement, and this is what she told us.

Fern: The social movements in the companies of JV, it is rather rare anyway. What happened to get here?
Eugenie *: Since about one year, when our staff delegates came into office, we have reported irregularities in the running of the studio through their work: the minimum wages not always respected, the frictions with the creative direction of the projects developed in the business and the administrative management completely in the tear, among other things. We tried to establish a dialogue with the management of the studio to improve the situation, but she always refused to listen to us. Faced with this refusal to discuss, we called on a lawyer in the hope of reasoning the direction, especially on points of the Labor Code, and reframing the negotiations.
After feeling that it had worked, with a slight improvement in the exchanges, we realized that the direction was just timed. Today, February 14, 2018, after receiving our pay slips 2 weeks late, the day after the release of the last DLC Steel Division, we found the result of the latest slam dated. This crystallized our fed up, and we spontaneously decided to go on strike at midday, which will be followed tomorrow.

F: Did the current events in the industry, such as the Quantic Dream affair or the creation of STJV, inspire you in this coup?
E: First and foremost, the election of staff delegates allowed us to speak with one voice to management. That's when we realized that the dialogue we tried to put in place was completely ignored as our fed up gradually turned into claims, then today into action. The release of the word in the industry and the surveys that have been published about Quantic Dream have only confirmed what we already suspected, namely that our situation was far from unique in the French studios.

F: To get ahead of the trolls, why talk about it now?
E: It's exactly like Duck PC said in his article, the industry is small and a sidelocation is quickly arrived. Individually, we are too exposed to make waves, but as a block, we fear less blows. Today, the trigger remains the burst of anger of the employees of the studio facing the latest maneuvers of management. But we do not want to stop the movement, and now we know that structures like the STJV are ready to support us in this kind of initiatives.

F: Thank you for answering our questions, I leave you the last word.
E: In the video game, we work by passion ...

* The first name has been changed.

But I think that getting together around a table is the best solution in this case.

Return to “Off-Topic”