Lieutenant

Cosplay

Postby StalkerDellaNote » Thu 26 Apr 2018 12:49

So yeah, cosplay, if you're into it

What I plan to do soon.
Attachments
Kapkan_Elite_-_Vympel.png
Kapkan_Elite_-_Vympel.png (701.05 KiB) Viewed 200 times
Last edited by StalkerDellaNote on Mon 7 May 2018 15:37, edited 1 time in total.
"Re: Winter maps?" wrote:Maybe if they ever set Wargame in Scandinavia.

Grabbed_by_the_Spets
General

Re: Cosplay

Postby Grabbed_by_the_Spets » Thu 26 Apr 2018 12:54

That's going to be hot in a packed spring-summer perhaps try looking for a lighter material that looks and feels similar.

Other than that, look though a few leather/surplus stores, they're usually quite a few around if you know where to look.

StalkerDellaNote
Lieutenant

Postby StalkerDellaNote » Thu 26 Apr 2018 12:58

Grabbed_by_the_Spets wrote:That's going to be hot in a packed spring-summer perhaps try looking for a lighter material that looks and feels similar.

Other than that, look though a few leather/surplus stores, they're usually quite a few around if you know where to look.

Oh yeah, I plan to fabricate the coat and trousers myself out of light breathable material, need a good IRL reference though
Last edited by StalkerDellaNote on Mon 7 May 2018 15:38, edited 1 time in total.

Kirill_GV001
Private First-Class

Postby Kirill_GV001 » Mon 14 May 2018 19:13

The original kit would actually be a great thing to have in summer.
The character's suit seems to be modeled after the Soviet Afghan-era Mabuta uniform, that is made for tropical climates and thus very breathable. That's what I can say by looking at the pants, because the jacket looks like a mix of the Mabuta jacket (good), the Afghanka jacket (quite thick as far as non-winter uniforms go, like solid blue jeans, thicker than an US M81 BDU) and the OKZK jacket (not good, it's super thick, since it was supposed to be a work garment that protects against some chemicals.)

Your best bet would be to get :
-Siryika/OKZK cap with Soviet star
-Mabuta uniform (repros can be found, but they're still around the $80-85 mark) or if you can find it, M85 Czechoslovak uniform
-Russian telnyashka (striped shirt), the long sleeve, paratrooper (white/blue) model.
-"Lifchik"/"Poyas-B" chest rig, repros can be found in Poland
-Soviet Army Makarov holster (not the navy or police ones, which are black, the brown army one)
-Frankenstein'd Soviet belt : fake leather brown belt from the combat model, and golden buckle from the peacetime belt
-APS Stechkin leather mag pouches
-Soviet Army jackboot (can be swapped for cheaper East German ones, externally they're the same)
-Modern tan sniper net to be worn on the shoulders and head

The only thing I'm at a loss for is the mag pouch worn on the image's left side/character's right side. It looks like the love child of a drunk orgy between a Soviet pattern 4 cell AK74 mag pouch, the mag pouch of a RD-54 paratrooper set (it's attached to a harness and to a rucksack, don't you dare to cut the pouch, these are rare collector's items) and more modern commercial issue Russian AK pouches. I think you could look at RSP-3 flare pouches by Splav and SSO, it's not the thing, but it looks somewhat close.

What size do you need for that cosplay? I've been collecting Soviet kit for 9 years, and can convert pretty much any size system into Russian standard by now lol.

varis
Brigadier

Postby varis » Fri 18 May 2018 11:37

Oh, this kind of cosplay :)

Or just move to Scandinavia, problem solved. Also you can try googling the Lotka Voltera LARP for some ideas. Or not sure if it helps here, but it's cool stuff anyway.

StalkerDellaNote
Lieutenant

Postby StalkerDellaNote » Fri 18 May 2018 19:10

Kirill_GV001 wrote:very helpful information

What size do you need for that cosplay? I've been collecting Soviet kit for 9 years, and can convert pretty much any size system into Russian standard by now lol.

I'm 6ft 3in at 180 lbs.. I found an Afghanka (Jacket and trousers) which came well close to it for bout $200 In 54-6 but personally, I want to sew myself a custom tailored replica as to not ruin an original.. judging by the character model I'll have to dye certain parts a darker color, which would just be a shame to do..

You wouldn't happen to know specifics on the material so I can maintain proper aesthetic no?

Anything leather I'll just be buying, for instance the Mosin ammo pouches on his left hip