What are you reading?

McNash
Lieutenant

Re: What are you reading?

Postby McNash » Sat 15 Sep 2012 02:41

Ave Mechanicus! And it ends in a cliffhanger! 8-)

Killertomato
More than 10 000 messages. Soldier you are the leader of all armies!

Postby Killertomato » Sat 15 Sep 2012 04:24

FFS I'm sick and tired of that series. The multiple perspectives are nice and all, but I want them to fight the battle of Earth already!
orcbuster wrote:USSR gets prototype marsupials, why would you need moose when you got stuff with kickers like that AND transport capability? And I'm not even gonna START on the french Marsupilami, I don't even think thats a real animal! Why no trolls for Norway?

Guggy
General

Postby Guggy » Sat 15 Sep 2012 05:29

AHEM BELIEVE YOU MEAN "TERRA", AS IT IS KNOWN IN THE WARHAMMER 40,000 SETTING????

[EUG]MadMat

Postby [EUG]MadMat » Sat 15 Sep 2012 11:03

Killertomato wrote:FFS I'm sick and tired of that series. The multiple perspectives are nice and all, but I want them to fight the battle of Earth already!

Actually, "Priests of Mars" is not part of the "Horus Heresy", it's a standalone story.
Last instalment in the HH series is this one (that I happen to have just received yesterday ;) ):

But I agree: enough with the backstory with pretty much no link with the Heresy itself. We want the Siege of the Emperor's Palace on Terra!

Kovlovsky
Captain

Postby Kovlovsky » Sun 16 Sep 2012 04:06

And then mighty Tzeentch says to Horus : You can destroy the emperor ... he has forseen this ... it is your destiny!

I love the Warhammer 40 000 background, it's so dark and devoid of hope. It's much more adult than most science fiction universes. Plus, there are no overpowered little native bear peoples or ambushed, serverely out gunned fleets who still win magically and without intelligent explanation.
Courtesy of Graphic

McNash
Lieutenant

Postby McNash » Sun 16 Sep 2012 07:07

It seems GW and Forgeworld plan to make the HH completely functional:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6S0ZaG9xEIA

So good the new fluff says necrons were active during the great crusade, with Trazyn the Infinite apparently meeting Robot Gorillaman and the ultramarines. We need a book from Trazyn perspective trolling the ultramarines, by Sandy Mitchell, anyway, I got a necron army so I hope I can use it.

Killertomato

Postby Killertomato » Sun 16 Sep 2012 08:45

Guggy wrote:AHEM BELIEVE YOU MEAN "TERRA", AS IT IS KNOWN IN THE WARHAMMER 40,000 SETTING????

I won't call it Terra unless the God-Emperor himself knocks on my front door and informs me of that. :mrgreen:
orcbuster wrote:USSR gets prototype marsupials, why would you need moose when you got stuff with kickers like that AND transport capability? And I'm not even gonna START on the french Marsupilami, I don't even think thats a real animal! Why no trolls for Norway?

[EUG]MadMat

Postby [EUG]MadMat » Sun 16 Sep 2012 09:40

McNash wrote:It seems GW and Forgeworld plan to make the HH completely functional:

That's interesting ...
I don't play 40K anymore, for years, but it can be worth the buy for the illustrations and background.

McNash
Lieutenant

Postby McNash » Sun 16 Sep 2012 21:39

[EUG]MadMat wrote:
McNash wrote:It seems GW and Forgeworld plan to make the HH completely functional:

That's interesting ...
I don't play 40K anymore, for years, but it can be worth the buy for the illustrations and background.

Yeah, I like how GW works bring some variety as they make some good old classic illustration in contrast with the more 3D rendered and 2D vector graphics we find in today's entertainment media, is not that I dont like any of them, on the contrary, but I also love how GW illustrators use XIV-XIX century classic art styles to bring the cool feeling of seeing something truely retro.

[EUG]MadMat

Postby [EUG]MadMat » Thu 20 Sep 2012 00:32

Must be the rumor that Chris Robert's new studio is about to reboot the Wing Commander / Privateer saga, or at least the space combat simulator genre, but I've unearthed and started re-reading one of my old Wing Commander novel ... ;)

The Wing Commander saga (I mean, 1 to 4 ;) ) as never left the "top 3" of my most beloved game since I first played Wing Commander II back in 1991. Nostalgia ... :ugeek:

Return to “Off-Topic”