Military humour

Killertomato
More than 10 000 messages. Soldier you are the leader of all armies!

Re: Military humour

Postby Killertomato » Sun 19 Feb 2017 08:12

Replace the chicken with a golden retriever and make it 95% white and this is what an ROTC formation looks like.

orcbuster wrote:USSR gets prototype marsupials, why would you need moose when you got stuff with kickers like that AND transport capability? And I'm not even gonna START on the french Marsupilami, I don't even think thats a real animal! Why no trolls for Norway?

Vulcan 607
Major-General

Postby Vulcan 607 » Sun 19 Feb 2017 10:08

Apparently Brazil is going to build a nuclear submarine.
This seemed the most appropriate area for the information

FrangibleCover
Lieutenant

Postby FrangibleCover » Sun 19 Feb 2017 10:53

Vulcan 607 wrote:Apparently Brazil is going to build a nuclear submarine.

:lol:

I've had a bit of a look around and the common factor is always that this is going to be 'a' nuclear submarine, not a class thereof. It's a classic pointless prestige project, while I wish them luck the money would probably be better spent elsewhere.
[Non-included Nation] Belgium - Spreadsheet
[Non-included Nation] Hungary - Spreadsheet
[Non-included Nation] Pakistan

Mike

Postby Mike » Sun 19 Feb 2017 16:54

FrangibleCover wrote:

I've had a bit of a look around and the common factor is always that this is going to be 'a' nuclear submarine, not a class thereof. It's a classic pointless prestige project, while I wish them luck the money would probably be better spent elsewhere.

Do they even have some kind of nuclear program?
Courtesy of KattiValk

FrangibleCover
Lieutenant

Postby FrangibleCover » Sun 19 Feb 2017 17:13

Mike wrote:
FrangibleCover wrote:

Do they even have some kind of nuclear program?

They've got a civil one and they had a weapons one in the 70s-80s until the US sat on them. It's actually interesting to think about how many nuclear armed states there would be if the NPT hadn't been signed. Things could either be very, very messy indeed or remarkably peacful because everyone is shit-scared of each other.

Killertomato

Postby Killertomato » Sun 19 Feb 2017 20:14

FrangibleCover wrote:They've got a civil one and they had a weapons one in the 70s-80s until the US sat on them. It's actually interesting to think about how many nuclear armed states there would be if the NPT hadn't been signed. Things could either be very, very messy indeed or remarkably peacful because everyone is shit-scared of each other.

Someone, somewhere, would've gotten fried.
orcbuster wrote:USSR gets prototype marsupials, why would you need moose when you got stuff with kickers like that AND transport capability? And I'm not even gonna START on the french Marsupilami, I don't even think thats a real animal! Why no trolls for Norway?

FrangibleCover
Lieutenant

Postby FrangibleCover » Sun 19 Feb 2017 20:35

Killertomato wrote:
FrangibleCover wrote:They've got a civil one and they had a weapons one in the 70s-80s until the US sat on them. It's actually interesting to think about how many nuclear armed states there would be if the NPT hadn't been signed. Things could either be very, very messy indeed or remarkably peacful because everyone is shit-scared of each other.

Someone, somewhere, would've gotten fried.

That's what everyone was saying when China was getting the bomb and when India was getting the bomb and when Pakistan was getting the bomb. Now, three data points do not make a trend and maybe the nuclear taboo would be weaker if everyone and their dog had at least a handful of freefall devices. I'm just saying it's not certainly a disaster. We could definitely have trusted the Swedes with theirs.

Killertomato

Postby Killertomato » Sun 19 Feb 2017 20:45

FrangibleCover wrote:That's what everyone was saying when China was getting the bomb and when India was getting the bomb and when Pakistan was getting the bomb. Now, three data points do not make a trend and maybe the nuclear taboo would be weaker if everyone and their dog had at least a handful of freefall devices. I'm just saying it's not certainly a disaster. We could definitely have trusted the Swedes with theirs.

The swedes, yeah, but when you look at what's happened in states that actually do have nukes, that none of them were stolen or used is pretty much down to pure dumb luck. Especially in the constituent republics after the USSR fell.

Pakistan's might still come back to bite us in the ass.

orcbuster

Postby orcbuster » Sun 19 Feb 2017 20:51

Its not a matter of if but when.
Viker for ingen!

FrangibleCover
Lieutenant

Postby FrangibleCover » Sun 19 Feb 2017 20:54

orcbuster wrote:Its not a matter of if but when.

This thread is getting really humourous now :( .

Return to “Off-Topic”