War movies.

ikalugin
More than 10 000 messages. Soldier you are the leader of all armies!

Re: War movies.

Postby ikalugin » Fri 25 May 2012 04:39

Spoiler : :
We need more missilez code for the missilez god.
Praslovan:
"Tactical Ikalugin inbound on this position in 10... 9..."

[EUG]MadMat

Postby [EUG]MadMat » Fri 25 May 2012 09:30

ikalugin wrote:Interesting how it is tailored to the western tastes and bias.

Interesting how you see Western bias in so many thing ... including in a trailer made by an Ukrainian studio about a Russian book. ;)

ikalugin wrote:General ruined state of Moscow.

Does ruins have a special "Russian" way to be layed out in Russia? All pieces of masonery always fall to the ground in the shape of a hammer or a sickle?
Or does Moscow is a "Chuck Norris like" city that can't be ruined, even by nuclear fire?

ikalugin wrote:MVD troops with AK guarding the entrance.

From what I know about MVD troops, they are a bit like our Gendarmerie. In case of war, they are security troops guarding key infrastructures and buildings.
Which is what they're doing in this trailer ... What would you have them doing instead?

ikalugin wrote:Missiles flying in the background (copy paste from Terminator I believe).

Indeed it looks like Terminator, but does that mean it wouldn't be the way it looked in reailty?
Besides, Terminator itself took its inspiration from an older movie:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=btpnI__tQdE&feature=related

ikalugin wrote:In reality they would simply close the blast doors before the air attack signal.

I don't get the use of this shelter then, if you close the door just when you start warning people to get ... to shelter? :)

ikalugin wrote:The wording of the russian military follows the american specific stereotype "this is the end and may God save us all".

Crazy religious dude on the street.

On that I must partially agree with you.
It is indeed aimed at a Western audience, but mostly American, for you wont find many such religious zealots or quotes in a French, or I could even say, European movie ... It is almost purely Holywood style.

[EUG]MadMat

Postby [EUG]MadMat » Fri 25 May 2012 09:56

ikalugin wrote:http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=HGbtCkVsKPY#t=411s
We are a bit paranoid.

Indeed! And you've proved it with your first post in this subject, seeing evil Western influence everywhere ... ;)

Actually, watching the trailer again, I think it does quite a good job avoiding most Western stereotypes toward Russia.
Such would usually have been:
- guys drinking Vodka.
- lonely young romantic character (male or female) playing some Tchaikovsky in a deserted palace/academy.
- old men playing chess in a park, unperturbed by the incoming apocalypse.
- MVD troopers heartlessly firing in the crowd to push them back, or executing one as an example, "political officer style". The officer taking the baby was actually a surprise to me, the opposite to what I would have expected ...

For me, besides the religious bigotry aimed at the West, the main stereotype I see are the two "rich characters" with bodyguards, especially the woman in fur coat.

DeuZerre
Location: Universe, Galaxy, Solar System, Earth, Ground, Eurasian Continent, Main Landmass.

Postby DeuZerre » Fri 25 May 2012 10:32

That sound by the end of the video after the doors are closed... The "Wham"... It's kind of scary actually...
Marshal honoris causa
FLX wrote:Removing the weaknesses from the divisions leads to all divisions being the same in the long run. We won't proceed like that.

ikalugin

Postby ikalugin » Fri 25 May 2012 16:24

Raging russian is raging :mrgreen:

I meant the pre attack state of Moscow. Reminds me of a film "Babylon AD".

As I said the doors would be closed to begin with.

Yes, I have chosen terminator as a more popular/well know film, didn't think that anybody would remember "The Day After".

The air raid siren is given about 3 minutes prior to impacts. Blast doors take time to be closed (you need to take off the panels covering them and do other preparations). Also the most likely times of attack are morning and evening rush hours.
This is why in civil defense instructions the process of closing the blast doors begins prior to the air raid siren, note that simultaneously you have a message over the separate system to all industrial sites, so people would evacuate to their designated fallout shelters. This is one of the reasons for the popular joke: One russian asks another - what do you do in the case of nuclear attack? I place a white sheet over my head and crawl slowly to the cemetery. Why slowly? So I don't cause panic.

Elite has a separate shelter system.
Praslovan:

REDDQ
General

Postby REDDQ » Fri 25 May 2012 16:40

Jeeez... one link to some short trailer and we have discussion on three pages about Russian civil defense and how Moscow really looks like :lol:

ikalugin

Postby ikalugin » Fri 25 May 2012 16:41

REDDQ wrote:Jeeez... one link to some short trailer and we have discussion on three pages about Russian civil defense and how Moscow really looks like :lol:

Angry russian is angry.
Praslovan:

[EUG]MadMat

Postby [EUG]MadMat » Fri 25 May 2012 16:48

ikalugin wrote:I meant the pre attack state of Moscow. Reminds me of a film "Babylon AD".

Indeed, it is a bit messy ...

Since I ain't read the book, I was under the impression that the nuclear apocalypse took place in a period of chaos, such as after a great economical depression.
If it is not the case, you are indeed right. Or that means that you Russians should tidy up your streets a little ... :lol:

REDDQ
General

Postby REDDQ » Fri 25 May 2012 16:55

ikalugin wrote:
REDDQ wrote:Jeeez... one link to some short trailer and we have discussion on three pages about Russian civil defense and how Moscow really looks like :lol:

Angry russian is angry.

Blame Ukrainians ;)

Return to “Off-Topic”