[2012-10-03] Patch for DLC 3

[EUG]MadMat
More than 10 000 messages. Soldier you are the leader of all armies!

[2012-10-03] Patch for DLC 3

Postby [EUG]MadMat » Wed 3 Oct 2012 14:30

A patch will be released today fixing some bugs on the 3rd DLC's maps:

- Implementing the stress transfer from transport to passengers. (The feature was tested OK on our pre-patch version, but actually “slipped” from the actual patch. The little sly … :evil: )
- Fixing the minimaps bug on both "Thüringer Wald" & "Bystrany".
- Fixing the NATO facing bug on both "Thüringer Wald" & "Bystrany".
- Fixing the spelling error on “Thüringer Wald”. (We wouldn’t want to be held responsible for Major Snail losing his eyesight, this forum would have too much to lose without him being able to share his wisdom … :twisted: )

Entschuldigung.

Oliver
Colonel

Re: [2012-10-03] Patch for DLC 3

Postby Oliver » Wed 3 Oct 2012 14:31

Entschuldigung.

You even spelled that correctly! :lol:

[EUG]MadMat
More than 10 000 messages. Soldier you are the leader of all armies!

Postby [EUG]MadMat » Wed 3 Oct 2012 14:35

Oliver wrote:
Entschuldigung.

You even spelled that correctly! :lol:

Copy/Paste be praised! ;)

praslovan
Major-General

Postby praslovan » Wed 3 Oct 2012 14:52

Blind Major Snails so no posts? Unglaublich!! There would be Braille everywhere.

Any ETA/info for that MLRS/arty/AA salvo not working stuff?

Radioshow
Second-Lieutenant

Postby Radioshow » Wed 3 Oct 2012 17:31

I would rather they remove the broken AP stress altogether. All this has done is increase PACT spam ten fold.
Everyone I know and play with regularly is not a fan of this new patch and are not playing very much if at all anymore.

Your quickly losing players and most are not going buy ALB if it turns out the same.
[EUG]MadMat wrote:Radioshow is not a troll, he is our resident Doom Prophet.

Elukka
Chief Warrant Officer

Postby Elukka » Wed 3 Oct 2012 18:26

I haven't seen any more spam than usual and as usual it doesn't work. Nobody I know minds this patch and they're still playing as much as ever. Just adding my own anecdotal evidence to the mix. :P

The game has several hundred more players online than it did before the patch/sale. We'll see how many stay - player numbers will inevitably taper off with time but this great exile due to the patch that you imply doesn't actually exist.

Firestarter
Lieutenant

Postby Firestarter » Wed 3 Oct 2012 19:13

Elukka wrote:I haven't seen any more spam than usual and as usual it doesn't work.

Bull... I'm encountering the same amount of blobbing/rushing. Nothing has changed, only legit players have been punished...

Radioshow
Second-Lieutenant

Postby Radioshow » Wed 3 Oct 2012 21:49

Player numbers are right back to pre-patch levels already +/- 50 players.

PACT can outnumber NATO up to almost 4 to 1. With the new morale changes quantity is better than quality!

PACT can bring in large amounts of artillery and still buy tons of units to defend it's sectors. NATO cannot.

PACT AA clearly outclasses NATO's. Chap's can be good but require massive micro/supplies. NATO Helo's are not that much better than PACT's for the difference in AAA/Sam's.

NATO stuff is good, and before the patch had no problem winning but many of NATO's advantages only work on noobs or on the attack. Now attacking is almost impossible for NATO. We simply cannot bring in enough forces to hold against the massive hordes of T-55's/72's and BMP's and general 20pnt and under spam. Hell I seen t34/85's and OT-810D's for cryin out loud. Just to overwhelm you with firepower to worry and route units.

This coupled with the new morale changes has made NATO impotent. I have seen 1/14 games with no spam! The majority of PACT players know that all they have to do is spam NATO with cheap stuff and wear us down and without the added units when someone drops NATO runs out before PACT!

When you have 30-40 pact BMP's/T-55/62/72s' coming at your 16-20 NATO units who ya think is gonna win the morale battle with the way it currently works? Adding higher morale for better units might help but right now it only serves PACT!!!!

the_Monk
Sergeant Major

Postby the_Monk » Wed 3 Oct 2012 21:53

@Eugen

Awesome. As usual.......thanks for the continued support it is appreciated.

@ Radioshow

I guess you've never been on the receiving-end of NATO auto-cannon spam eh? ;)

Radioshow
Second-Lieutenant

Postby Radioshow » Wed 3 Oct 2012 22:00

Since when do Autocannons get in range of any PACT units? We hardly have enough to spam and most are relatively slow.

AC's also are only 1AP and wont do much morale damage even if in range. Due to these changes they will be worried or panicked long before they get in range.

The problem is PACT can field 2-4 times as many units for the same price and the morale changes favour numbers!
16 BMP-1P's 16 T62 plus numerous t55's and a little AA is very hard to stop. Before patch NATO could hold them due to better longevity. Now NATO routes under the spam pressure. Hell PACT has all the advantages now. Highest ROF/Range plus missiles on everything and some high AP.

Tell me how NATO has any advantages now.?

Return to “News”