DevBlog: Deck creation menu

User avatar
Panzerspahwagen85
Chief Warrant Officer
Posts: 502
Joined: Wed 15 Feb 2012 09:40
Location: Norway
Contact:

Re: DevBlog: Deck creation menu

Postby Panzerspahwagen85 » Tue 23 Apr 2013 18:39

Only reason I have to burn through the undoubtedly mediocre singleplayer experience is to gain unlock stars.
That is assuming you still have to unlock stuff, if not I have no reason to dabble with the AI.
Image

Win-Turkey
Command Sergeant Major
Posts: 328
Joined: Mon 21 Jan 2013 15:57
Contact:

Re: DevBlog: Deck creation menu

Postby Win-Turkey » Tue 23 Apr 2013 18:41

Panzerspahwagen85 wrote:Only reason I have to burn through the undoubtedly mediocre singleplayer experience is to gain unlock stars.
That is assuming you still have to unlock stuff, if not I have no reason to dabble with the AI.


Some of us are hoping the SP will be fleshed-out and entertaining in its own way.

User avatar
Decoy^
Sergeant
Posts: 52
Joined: Wed 4 Jul 2012 10:01
Location: Highway to Noway
Contact:

Re: DevBlog: Deck creation menu

Postby Decoy^ » Tue 23 Apr 2013 19:17

Falcrack wrote:Still no devblog or info about the single player campaign. Guess I won't be pre-ordering come Wednesday.
Win-Turkey wrote:Some of us are hoping the SP will be fleshed-out and entertaining in its own way.
Wargame was never a single player game. Personally I did play every single campaign mission to full stars, but no it wasn't really fun. I'm just obsessive. I've heard about some of the improvements in ALB, but to judge it on it's single player component... I smell impending disappointment.

Of all the people I regularly play with, I'm the only one who bothered with the single player part at all. If I wasn't going to do multiplayer, at least I wouldn't pre-order and wait for the full release instead. We've been clearly told that the initial public beta will be multiplayer only anyway.

User avatar
Selkares
Brigadier
Posts: 3340
Joined: Thu 30 Jun 2011 17:46
Location: Paris, France
Contact:

Re: DevBlog: Deck creation menu

Postby Selkares » Tue 23 Apr 2013 19:25

Decoy^ wrote:
Falcrack wrote:Still no devblog or info about the single player campaign. Guess I won't be pre-ordering come Wednesday.
Win-Turkey wrote:Some of us are hoping the SP will be fleshed-out and entertaining in its own way.
Wargame was never a single player game. Personally I did play every single campaign mission to full stars, but no it wasn't really fun. I'm just obsessive. I've heard about some of the improvements in ALB, but to judge it on it's single player component... I smell impending disappointment.

Of all the people I regularly play with, I'm the only one who bothered with the single player part at all. If I wasn't going to do multiplayer, at least I wouldn't pre-order and wait for the full release instead. We've been clearly told that the initial public beta will be multiplayer only anyway.

But this time the SP campaign is much more developed, a strategic map, big replayability, etc... This time the SP campaign can really be a big selling point.
That's why I do understand people wanting to know more about it before buying the game.

Win-Turkey
Command Sergeant Major
Posts: 328
Joined: Mon 21 Jan 2013 15:57
Contact:

Re: DevBlog: Deck creation menu

Postby Win-Turkey » Tue 23 Apr 2013 19:32

The absence of decent SP was probably the biggest complaint I personally heard about EE. Many people just don't want to play strategy games in multiplayer, not because they're casuals but because they have RTS anxiety and are afraid of 1v1. I definitely, absolutely hope that Eugen took these things to mind when making AB, I'm not expecting Total War or Hearts of Iron here, just something you can have some fun with if your internet goes out.

User avatar
Count
Lieutenant Colonel
Posts: 2141
Joined: Mon 13 Feb 2012 08:40

Re: DevBlog: Deck creation menu

Postby Count » Tue 23 Apr 2013 20:14

Selkares wrote:But this time the SP campaign is much more developed, a strategic map, big replayability, etc... This time the SP campaign can really be a big selling point.

Farm stars in campaign for unlocks. Probably even restart campaign and farm first easy mission. I think solo and mutiplayer unlocks should be divided.

User avatar
Selkares
Brigadier
Posts: 3340
Joined: Thu 30 Jun 2011 17:46
Location: Paris, France
Contact:

Re: DevBlog: Deck creation menu

Postby Selkares » Tue 23 Apr 2013 20:16

We don't know how it'll work in WAB yet.

SkylineR33FTW
Sergeant Major of the Army
Posts: 361
Joined: Sun 26 Feb 2012 04:13
Contact:

Re: DevBlog: Deck creation menu

Postby SkylineR33FTW » Tue 23 Apr 2013 20:16

Very nice :D
Image

User avatar
D-M
Posts: 8794
Joined: Sat 23 Jul 2011 11:10
Contact:

Re: DevBlog: Deck creation menu

Postby D-M » Tue 23 Apr 2013 20:23

The Eugen system flag looks kinda like some pre-teen 's CS clan emblem.

I 'm disapoint. :3
Image

User avatar
Graphic
More than 10 000 messages. Soldier you are the leader of all armies!
Posts: 10588
Joined: Mon 30 Apr 2012 10:18
Location: Battle Born
Contact:

Re: DevBlog: Deck creation menu

Postby Graphic » Tue 23 Apr 2013 20:27

Win-Turkey wrote:Many people just don't want to play strategy games in multiplayer, not because they're casuals but because they have RTS anxiety and are afraid of 1v1.


This is a big hurdle when I tried to get friends to buy EE. I'd say most people are afraid of playing RTS games online. Hell, even I only play team games in EE because of what 1v1 in Company of Heroes ranked was like. I'll probably never play 1v1 in an RTS again because it's too nerve-racking.
k

Return to “News”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests