Wargame: European Escalation acclaimed by the press!

Adro
Website administrator

Wargame: European Escalation acclaimed by the press!

Postby Adro » Fri 2 Mar 2012 18:42

As the reviews are being published, one thing is clear: the press and the players are completely in love! A quick trip around the world with the available reviews.

After dozens of hours spent playing the new standard for real time strategy games, Destructoid, one of the biggest websites in the US has marveled at the number of possibilities the game has to offer, saying that "finally, after two decades, Wargame: European Escalation finally does modern warfare right."

The largest website devoted to the genre, RTS GURU, which had already rewarded the game with a "Best of E3 Show" prize, states that Wargame: European Escalation is an "exceptional game that features a never-seen-before online experience that you're not about to forget"

In France, jeuxvideo.com, one of the biggest European outlets for video games, said they would "like to see more RTS' of that breed" while jeuxvideo.fr defines the game as "a must of the genre."

In Germany, Gamestar has rewarded the game with its selection star. In addition to that, Gamestar also gushes about its mutliplayer mode saying that its "a tactics festival for multiplayer fans."

In Spain, 3D juegos bows in front of the game, saying that "all fans of RTS will fall on their knees."

To finish with this global trip, Eurogamer Italy states that the "technical execution is superb and the gameplay provides a lot of realism and a large variety of scenarios".

But, more than the press, it is the players that are enjoying and praising the game all around the world! Thank you all for that!

Wargame: European Escalation is about to become the worldwide strategy phenomenon you've been waiting for!

Join the fight!

D-M

Re: Wargame: European Escalation acclaimed by the press!

Postby D-M » Fri 2 Mar 2012 18:44

Where is the 4players review ? :3

EDIT: all good.

solvens
Major

Postby solvens » Fri 2 Mar 2012 18:56

You already have a pink font, don't push it. :lol:
Anyways, that's good to hear such praise, the game deserves it. How are the sales compared to your forecasts ?

DoktorvonWer
General

Postby DoktorvonWer » Fri 2 Mar 2012 19:49

I do, of course, love W:EE... But whenever game-makers publish news of acclaim and declare their own success, it always feels... awkward.

We know the game's good, otherwise we wouldn't own it and be on the forums... Just feels like it'd be best to let people praise you out of choice, instead of advertising it yourselves.

Pixelchaser
Sergeant First-Class

Postby Pixelchaser » Mon 5 Mar 2012 00:26

DoktorvonWer wrote:I do, of course, love W:EE... But whenever game-makers publish news of acclaim and declare their own success, it always feels... awkward.

they are happy, and to some degree expressing there emotion of it. There delivery is not provocative in a "declaring your own success" - If you want to see how bad it can get then watch "the making of Starcraft 2". it will make you Spew in consideration of the similar respects.

If you think about how different W:EE is, it deserves acclaim. And for a developer the tense time is the release and the reviews and the sales. They have accomlished what they set out too. Nothing wrong with a self pat on the back.

im so loving it myself. and to read this is nice for me actually, over the past week through discovering how different the game is together with the confusion thats occured regards balancing and all that jazz, its really apparent how sensitive everyone is to somthing new that does defy a lot of previous conventions and understanding.

recently i had found myself wondering "just how did the devs conceieve this grand RTS"...,.... Now thats a making of series that would be welcomed. im utterly fascinated by the core of W:EE and i really do want to know how they designed this, where did the radical approach come from. who are the bloody genius behind this ?

TimeKilla
Staff Sergeant

Postby TimeKilla » Mon 5 Mar 2012 03:48

Am really glad the company is cuffed with the review's really i am i just hope they keep moving forward with the game adding more features and such as it is. It's a must have but it needs to be a must have for almost every gamer even gamer's that don't play this type of game it should draw them in to it and build that love for the grene that they didn't get from other games in the genre.

Am not sure if something happened with RUSE like support stopped and such but by reading some of the post's that's the impression i get if someone could fill me in that would be great via PM as i don't want to derail.

Anyway on topic keep going Dev's you got my money and you're going to be getting a'lot more with ongoing support on steam this game is one of the top sellers on there list, am recommending it to everyone i know even my grand parents who are heavy in to WW2 games but i've asked him to give it a shot.

Please don't stop with this once you've made your cash as the game is going to be even more massive if you's keep going there's nothing like it out there in my view!

Go game Dev's

Also i love the way you's are listening to the community, i do think the forums could do with some old topics being removed as it gives the impression things have slowed down a'lot behind the scenes and people have stopped cleaning up and that's really not the truth!

Thanks for such i great game at release but i can see this going viral.

TK

SkylineR33FTW
Sergeant Major of the Army

Postby SkylineR33FTW » Mon 5 Mar 2012 05:01

Deserves the reviews 100% :) heres to a great game and hopefully great DLC in the future :)

kobrakai
Corporal

Postby kobrakai » Tue 6 Mar 2012 14:07

"exceptional game that features a never-seen-before online experience that you're not about to forget"

Yep never ending lag in 3's and 4's that, after less than a week, has caused me to stop playing.

W: EE truly does have a never seen before online experince. The worst out of any game I have ever played.

PastorJoe
Sergeant

Postby PastorJoe » Tue 6 Mar 2012 14:37

kobrakai wrote:"exceptional game that features a never-seen-before online experience that you're not about to forget"

Yep never ending lag in 3's and 4's that, after less than a week, has caused me to stop playing.

W: EE truly does have a never seen before online experince. The worst out of any game I have ever played.

It truly deserves all the good reviews it had got... maybe the problem is your connection...i have played this game since the pre-order beta and never lost a connection or had a opponet that lost a connection and its not like i live at some big mainland with best connection available...i live in Iceland with just a decent/okay internet connection trought sea wire leading to UK and never have any problem.

Really one of the most entertaining and fun online experiance i have had in a game.

kobrakai
Corporal

Postby kobrakai » Wed 7 Mar 2012 10:28

Yeah PastorJoe it's my connection.... It's just that I can play Sc2, World In Conflict and Battlefield Bad Company 2 without lag it surely is my connection or you could take a look at the technical support forum and see more people complaining about the ridiculous lag in 3's and 4's.

Please keep calm, it's not a place for insult.

Return to “News”