[EUG] Free DLC: Last minute news!

ThierryFocus
Website administrator

Re: [EUG] Free DLC: Last minute news!

Postby ThierryFocus » Fri 13 Apr 2012 22:59

Hob_Gadling wrote:
ThierryFocus wrote:Hi everybody,

We have been testing the patch to ensure that there is no problem. Unfortunately, we found a crash late in the evening and we (Eugen and Focus) have no time to make another patch for tonight.

We prefer not to distribute the patch this weekend and delay the release next week.

We are sorry for the inconvenience.

Best regards,

Thierry

It's not a big deal for me, I'll be here come Monday, but this is the weekend you're supposed to sell your game to new players. Are you sure you can afford to push the fix until Monday?

It's a crash in the multiplayer game and this is really bad as the new players will think that Wargame is a game with a lot of bug/crash, they will stop to play and tell to their friends and others to not buy this game, etc.

Hob_Gadling
Captain

Postby Hob_Gadling » Fri 13 Apr 2012 23:11

ThierryFocus wrote:It's a crash in the multiplayer game and this is really bad as the new players will think that Wargame is a game with a lot of bug/crash, they will stop to play and tell to their friends and others to not buy this game, etc.

Fair enough, it's your call. It's just, the new players can't play single player now because of the supply bug. Getting anywhere beyond the third mission without supplies is impossible. A quick fix for that one issue alone would let people play, the rest of the issues aren't nearly as crippling from a new players point of view.

Tigga
Lieutenant Colonel

Postby Tigga » Fri 13 Apr 2012 23:11

ThierryFocus wrote:
It's not a big deal for me, I'll be here come Monday, but this is the weekend you're supposed to sell your game to new players. Are you sure you can afford to push the fix until Monday?

It's a crash in the multiplayer game and this is really bad as the new players will think that Wargame is a game with a lot of bug/crash, they will stop to play and tell to their friends and others to not buy this game, etc.

To be fair, the only major issue right now is the resupply thing. I think this can probably wait the weekend, though I'd rather it didn't!

EDIT: Forgot about the DLC thing. Hmm.

ziogualty
Corporal

Postby ziogualty » Sat 14 Apr 2012 00:02

Hob_Gadling wrote:
ThierryFocus wrote:It's a crash in the multiplayer game and this is really bad as the new players will think that Wargame is a game with a lot of bug/crash, they will stop to play and tell to their friends and others to not buy this game, etc.

Fair enough, it's your call. It's just, the new players can't play single player now because of the supply bug. Getting anywhere beyond the third mission without supplies is impossible. A quick fix for that one issue alone would let people play, the rest of the issues aren't nearly as crippling from a new players point of view.

100% agree.

LapinDuracell
Corporal

Postby LapinDuracell » Sat 14 Apr 2012 00:15

ziogualty wrote:
Hob_Gadling wrote:

100% agree.

Indeed, most people buying the game will try the solo campaign, as I did during the first days. Solo is already pretty hard with working supply, I can't imagine without. I'm not a game developer nor a publisher, and I know Steam adds complexity, but a hotfix focusing only on supply would have been good. Oh, and I had some free time this week-end, too bad I can't spend it on W:EE, that's life...

ThierryFocus
Website administrator

Postby ThierryFocus » Sat 14 Apr 2012 00:38

Maybe I wasn't perfectly clear. Actually the patch planned for this weekend adds a new crash in the game.

Plaetoniu
Master Sergeant

Postby Plaetoniu » Sat 14 Apr 2012 02:50

The dev team is in France, so it may be illegal to work over the weekend even if they want to.

danuuker
Chief Warrant Officer

Postby danuuker » Sat 14 Apr 2012 02:51

ThierryFocus wrote:Maybe I wasn't perfectly clear. Actually the patch planned for this weekend adds a new crash in the game.

I think it is the best choice, Steam rarely does Saturday patches and it is better to have a stable but slightly buggy game rather than to have a sale period and then have crash report flooding the Tech support forum.

I do hope you get a warning out to the new players that their save files are going to be invalidated by patch Monday!

LanthiusDE
Sergeant First-Class

Postby LanthiusDE » Sat 14 Apr 2012 08:37

Its just one weekend guys, I'd rather deal with the current supply issue than having a more unstable game with a dodgy patch as Thierry explained. New players will hardly even notice anyway since they don't know any different in terms of how supply should work.
ヘ(^_^ヘ)(ノ^_^)ノ

contrail
Sergeant Major

Postby contrail » Sat 14 Apr 2012 10:43

Pity they couldn't "roll back" the supply bug to its pre-patch status - I mean what was wrong with supplies in the first place? (that's a serious question, because I really can't think of what the problem was).