Wargame presents its 361 units! Today: NATO

Vince
Sergeant Major

Wargame presents its 361 units! Today: NATO

Postby Vince » Thu 26 Jan 2012 12:13

Through 8 exclusive screenshots, we unveil today the 180 different units composing NATO forces. Players will be able to select and recruit them to form their army, both in solo and in multiplayer, thanks to an original and innovative ‘Deck’ system.

For the occasion, the official website opens today its Database section, which allows players to discover in detail all the game’s units, their characteristics as well as a video animation representing them.

This is a great opportunity to start planning your army in time for the game's releases at the end of February 2012!

View the screenshots

Visit the Database

Hippopotamus
Corporal

Re: Wargame presents its 361 units! Today: NATO

Postby Hippopotamus » Thu 26 Jan 2012 15:09

It seems that only every fourth or fifth unit has a picture in the database, the rest just has the default grey background. For example, none of the East German units don't have any pictures at all. Are they just placeholders or did you just have pictures for the most known vehicles only?

Callyste
Website administrator

Postby Callyste » Thu 26 Jan 2012 16:20

Hippopotamus wrote:It seems that only every fourth or fifth unit has a picture in the database, the rest just has the default grey background. For example, none of the East German units don't have any pictures at all. Are they just placeholders or did you just have pictures for the most known vehicles only?

Yes, the default 'grey' animations are only placeholders. Producing all the vehicles' animations is very time-consuming, and we did not have time to make them all for today. We will be updating them, little by little till everything is complete :)

ikalugin
More than 10 000 messages. Soldier you are the leader of all armies!

Postby ikalugin » Thu 26 Jan 2012 16:30

would you know by any chance ppl responsible for models?
Can you please pass my emo rage on the matter of T80U model?
Spoiler : :
We need more missilez code for the missilez god.
Praslovan:
"Tactical Ikalugin inbound on this position in 10... 9..."

Hippopotamus
Corporal

Postby Hippopotamus » Thu 26 Jan 2012 17:45

Callyste wrote:
Hippopotamus wrote:It seems that only every fourth or fifth unit has a picture in the database, the rest just has the default grey background. For example, none of the East German units don't have any pictures at all. Are they just placeholders or did you just have pictures for the most known vehicles only?

Yes, the default 'grey' animations are only placeholders. Producing all the vehicles' animations is very time-consuming, and we did not have time to make them all for today. We will be updating them, little by little till everything is complete :)

Ah, good to hear! I already noticed that you've added a few units today. Any estimate on when all units will be available? :)

tomg_96
Corporal

Postby tomg_96 » Thu 26 Jan 2012 18:57

Very Nice work Eugen, like the database alot, Loving the look of the West German and British units for my army when the game is released :D

Callyste
Website administrator

Postby Callyste » Thu 26 Jan 2012 18:58

ikalugin wrote:would you know by any chance ppl responsible for models?

Well, Eugen makes the models! But, out of curiosity, what is wrong with the T80u model? It seems spot on to me!

Hippopotamus wrote:Ah, good to hear! I already noticed that you've added a few units today. Any estimate on when all units will be available? :)

As soon as we can make them! As we already said, we are focusing our efforts on getting the game ready for release, so I can already tell you it will not be complete tomorrow :)

However, I am personally working on getting small screenshots of all units, to replace the "default" grey animation. These screenshots will then be replaced by the same model but with its animation, as soon as we free some time to produce all this.

cheers,
Callyste

ikalugin
More than 10 000 messages. Soldier you are the leader of all armies!

Postby ikalugin » Fri 27 Jan 2012 10:37

Callyste wrote:
ikalugin wrote:would you know by any chance ppl responsible for models?

Well, Eugen makes the models! But, out of curiosity, what is wrong with the T80u model? It seems spot on to me!

Hippopotamus wrote:Ah, good to hear! I already noticed that you've added a few units today. Any estimate on when all units will be available? :)

As soon as we can make them! As we already said, we are focusing our efforts on getting the game ready for release, so I can already tell you it will not be complete tomorrow :)

However, I am personally working on getting small screenshots of all units, to replace the "default" grey animation. These screenshots will then be replaced by the same model but with its animation, as soon as we free some time to produce all this.

cheers,
Callyste

If you look at era tiles
1)there is massive space between thin boxes
2)there are no characteristic skirts under era

here it is
Spoiler : :
We need more missilez code for the missilez god.
Praslovan:
"Tactical Ikalugin inbound on this position in 10... 9..."

Callyste
Website administrator

Postby Callyste » Fri 27 Jan 2012 12:10

ikalugin wrote:If you look at era tiles
1)there is massive space between thin boxes
2)there are no characteristic skirts under era

here it is
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3599/3603793663_e5ef48dafc.jpg

Hmm, this is interesting. In all honesty, this is a question you should ask to Eugen specifically. I do not know what reference models/pictures they used for their units :)

PS! We have loaded static pictures for all units of the Warsaw Pact that had a 'default' grey animation! Check'em out ;)

QShadow
Second-Lieutenant

Postby QShadow » Fri 27 Jan 2012 13:07

Database..... hmm yes okay..... OH SHIT THE DATABASE, FINALLY! :mrgreen:

Return to “News”