Game dieing from lake of community!!

dimabernat
Warrant Officer

Game dieing from lake of community!!

Postby dimabernat » Wed 1 Aug 2012 20:06

Hello all

I love WEE for its realism part and modern warfare combat.

Unfortunately I been seen WEE dieing slowly for few months now, and I cant sit here an let it without bring my pic of mind to the forum+game team.

I believe that the game was published to make profit of? ya now I don't know how much it coasted to make the game and how much it profited but there something the game developers seem not to understand that a great game(a profitable game) comes from many factors which unneeded to mention right now because in the end after game came out there left 2 factors why to buy this game leagues/events and community.

Look at League of legends or even better Star-craft 1 and 2 all good games from a good tournament system's, there many game like them and some even better but the tournament's and rich competitor community made the difference.

but WEE does nothing for making even a small community or tournaments even the tournament/event forum is not been mod and new tournaments not being publish there no system to support it and even the ranked system when up very late.

If WEE team wont wake up and start making events and building slowly a community(which non WEE team tried to do with no WEE help) this game will die very soon and by next year it will be over already.

Don't gate me wrong I am not angry at any 1 or blaming any 1 all I want is to play this game but how it goes right now this is will be over very soon

#Edite PPL you are getting off topic here yes u are all right by little if it's that game hard and all the deck choices are hard for newbie and that not enough games were you need to control unites to fight and other diffranete small stuff that make players to flee this game But the main reason was and still there isn't why to stay and play the game.

We as a community need to raise that if we can do a 1 day a week help a newbie day were u play vs newbies and help them with deck and there style or other that can benefit but that's not the problem, without a league and events a community lose interest with a game and then you left only with hard core fan of the game.

Now in order to insure that we need to demand from WEE team to make a new DLC or patch or what ever that include some new's system for every 1 that enters the game and assign some 1 to run those events and league if need be cuz without it old players will leave and with them new players that just don't see a use to stay ingame without competition.

Talking about "email bombing" is not so bright...first and final warning.
Last edited by OpusTheFowl on Mon 6 Aug 2012 14:42, edited 3 times in total.
Reason: Language

Oliver
Colonel

Re: Game dieing from lake of community!!

Postby Oliver » Wed 1 Aug 2012 20:48

Though I think you are overestimating the importance of events a fair bit, I do think you have a good point there. I've also already suggested an ingame tournament/event announcement feature. We've got like 800-1000 people online a night and only a small bit of those are actually browsing the forums. So this might come in really handy.

dimabernat
Warrant Officer

Postby dimabernat » Wed 1 Aug 2012 22:42

Oliver wrote:Though I think you are overestimating the importance of events a fair bit, I do think you have a good point there. I've also already suggested an ingame tournament/event announcement feature. We've got like 800-1000 people online a night and only a small bit of those are actually browsing the forums. So this might come in really handy.

Hello Oliver.

yes you are right very small portion of those people go to the forums.
Maybe a in game news required and chat system I don't know but what I do know that you're 800-1000 people statement is all wrong as a matter of fact for months before second DLC WEE had a 300 top's maybe 500 in weekend and I am genres with you now it almost not go over the 600 and yes after second DLC there were alot of new players and all ones came back to try it out which in a way made things worst and for the better at first day of DLC there were 1500 and server crashed and after that slowly you see a steady of less and less people play and after this DLC people abonden the game alot faster then the first DLC.

KOMRADEFRUIT
First Sergeant

Postby KOMRADEFRUIT » Thu 2 Aug 2012 02:13

I dont think Wargame ee is a well known game enough to attract a lot of players.

Eugen isnt a big name dev, like blizzard with a huge cult like following so people are actively looking for this game.
I have seen very few game reviews for it I havent seen any ads for the game at all, so perhaps they need to do some more active marketing. Its a shame that a game as unique as this is virtually unheard of.
I think most people (me included) found the game through steam sales and wouldnt have ever known it existed otherwise.

As to the tournament issue. Yes potentially more events would boost playership, but you are saying that people would come to WEE just to compete in a contest, which is unlikely. This would be better for exisiting players, but unless the MLG suddenly decided to adopt WEE as the newest event, it wouldnt help playership.

Also, WEE is a unique game with a different taste than most rtses. It is arguably hard to get into and seemingly not that fun. But people stick with it becuase they realize its a great game.
SC and SC2 are popular because they are made by blizzard and they are good esports, not good games and because the franchise has been around for 15 years.

Mukip
Chief Warrant Officer

Postby Mukip » Thu 2 Aug 2012 03:05

The lack of a general chat lobby is also an issue. It would help if you could ask around for other teams to play against. I'm sure theres a bunch of organized teams who aren't playing each other because they have no ingame means of searching for one another besides hopping in and out of games.

Grabbed_by_the_Spets
General

Postby Grabbed_by_the_Spets » Thu 2 Aug 2012 03:21

Yeah! dammed lakes! killing off all our communities!

SikkeSakke
Chief Warrant Officer

Postby SikkeSakke » Thu 2 Aug 2012 08:51

Mukip wrote:The lack of a general chat lobby is also an issue. It would help if you could ask around for other teams to play against. I'm sure theres a bunch of organized teams who aren't playing each other because they have no ingame means of searching for one another besides hopping in and out of games.

This has been quite a big issue. Before LeFight-tournament, my friendlist consist old clans like DOGs and ISAF - both now quite inactive. Now I'm lucky that I got quite a big punch of clanmembers at my friendlist - thanks to LeFight. But it's still quite hard to find friendly scrimmages against clans. Ingame chat is terrible. If you are in the middle of hard fight, messages tends to remain unread - you just simply don't notice that tiny number in a box at right corner. And when you notice that, It's usually too late. Now, when my friendlist is slowly but steadily moved to Steam, it's easier notice messages (and you got timestamps in them) and get a clanmatches.

Finding new clans (if they exists :( ) to fight with is another issue. As you said, you can't find ingame new clans unless your are lucky and they show up in your games.

gumpialfonso
Chief Warrant Officer

Postby gumpialfonso » Thu 2 Aug 2012 09:20

WHAT W:EE NEED IS ADVERTISING...so easily is it. Often discussed but never implemented.
I don´t understand why the publisher doesn´t do it. (hope the grammar is right)

And how Approached the general chat is absolutely necessary.
Last edited by gumpialfonso on Thu 2 Aug 2012 09:24, edited 1 time in total.

Oliver
Colonel

Postby Oliver » Thu 2 Aug 2012 09:22

Propably because that's the job of the publisher and Focus is not exactly the type of company which could afford such a big marketing campaign (though I hope they could).

micz
Master Sergeant

Postby micz » Thu 2 Aug 2012 09:28

It would be nice if game had better community support. Some additions for clan management would be nice.

-List of clans,
-Sending match invites with proposed date,
-Schedule would be nice to.

And some build in tournament system:

-tournament creator
-registration
-match schedule
-automatic replays for tournament matches

Return to “Wargame : European Escalation”