A Truly Unstoppable Strat, Let me explain...

nikomas
First Sergeant

A Truly Unstoppable Strat, Let me explain...

Postby nikomas » Thu 16 Feb 2012 09:15

First of all, watch this...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b-9HgHxZ5nY

Seen it? Good, they had a lot of AA right? But that did not help because we simply had to many choppers, better yet I was going after command vehicles excusivly so they couldnt down all of them before I was able to destroy the com vehicles, I dont think you can unless you go 90% AA.

I've thought of two ways you can balance this out without ruining heli's...
1. Hardcap the max number of heli's per player on the field at once
2. Dissallow helicopters (recons to) from finding stationary "Small" units in forests, gunships should not find com vehicles anyway.

If you have any other suggestions, go ahead.
Edraii Karziko

zh00c3q
Sergeant First-Class

Re: A Truly Unstoppable Strat, Let me explain...

Postby zh00c3q » Thu 16 Feb 2012 09:19

In ranked games it wont happen... And its good you used it only once ;)

nikomas
First Sergeant

Postby nikomas » Thu 16 Feb 2012 09:25

I swear on my... ranked score (all I could think of) that the match in that video is not going to repeat, it was the result of a drink or two and some friends on ventrillo ;)

However, I do think it could work because of command hunting, you really do think you could down 1500 points of choppers before he gets your two command vehicles in ranked? I've wanted to test that but I honestly dont like spamming so I haven't,
Edraii Karziko

Rhusehus
Sergeant First-Class

Postby Rhusehus » Thu 16 Feb 2012 10:02

yes but...

When you will engage my first force, I see you crazy lame.

Then : I move my command units
I can spread a lot of fast and cheap units, like infantry and supports, in all zones.
I can do my spread converge to your spawn, when my command are sneaking around map

Considering 4 infantry on a road arrive at your spawn on something like 30 sec, should probably chase or find you command too, how many time your chopper can stay without fuel ?
Do you think you can down all my spread, without spread yourself, and so loose your horde effect ?

nikomas
First Sergeant

Postby nikomas » Thu 16 Feb 2012 10:10

But when combat started it was over in about two minutes, is that really enough time to spread out? If you could, then more power to ye ;)
Edraii Karziko

Rhusehus
Sergeant First-Class

Postby Rhusehus » Thu 16 Feb 2012 10:48

I think honestly than in a large size map like that in your replay, I can spread out from these twices spawn zone.
will probably cannot from a small size like Hell highway, but maybe with using alternative road on a side ?
This should be tested.

nikomas
First Sergeant

Postby nikomas » Thu 16 Feb 2012 10:55

It should, but you have to remember this...

In a normal game, would you?
That's the thing, while you might be able to counter it if you know it's comming, it really isnt if you dont from my point of view...
Edraii Karziko

animalshadow
Sergeant First-Class

Postby animalshadow » Thu 16 Feb 2012 11:22

Yesterday our team stopped this rush and I think this rush was made by same people(as I remember) :)
Never apologize for being right!

Warbadger
Corporal

Postby Warbadger » Thu 16 Feb 2012 11:31

I was wondering if a rush like that was viable. Makes sense, they won't be able to kill that many choppers with any normal amount of AAA before you can spot the command vehicles (air recon is fantastically good at spotting) and wipe them out. Given the nature of the rush there is no time to scout it out and it's doubtful that there would be time for any reinforcements purchased with saved points to arrive on map and get into range to stop it.

I guess technically you could beat it, but you'd have to spend practically all your points on air defenses every game in anticipation of it and even then I think there's a fair chance the rusher could get the command vehicles if he managed to spot them in time.

Chris
Corporal

Postby Chris » Thu 16 Feb 2012 11:43

Hello,

I have a look at the video and have one question :
- Just one second before the end, the score was : 2852 for Nato and 2523 for Pact.
- Then, one second later, the game ended, and the final score was : 6757 for Nato / 2523 for Pact.

My question is : how can Nato players get 4 000 points in 1 sec ?

Thanks.
Chris

Return to “Wargame : European Escalation”