A question to the origional Beta testers

Major
Sergeant

A question to the origional Beta testers

Postby Major » Thu 16 Feb 2012 11:09

I played Ruse but not when it was first released and dont have much experience with Eugen and how they support there game through development and listen to the community feedback when it comes to continued support and improvements for there games.
I understand that Ruse was published by Ubisoft and that WEE by Focus so i would pick that as a huge factor in why Ruse did not get mod tools and much post release support ect.
What i was wondering after reading all the posts on here to do with things people would like to see added to the game and developed further is with your experience getting in on the WEE action earlier than us pre order beta guys do Eugen listen to the feedback and take on board the community's likes and dislikes about the game, did they implement things you guys wanted to see changed in the game earlier in the Beta.
Do you think it will be supported after release other than the now standard it seems paid DLC ?

animalshadow
Sergeant First-Class

Re: A question to the origional Beta testers

Postby animalshadow » Thu 16 Feb 2012 11:19

Well...
Yes. Eugen System listen to the feedback.
Lot of stuff was fixed/added after first beta.

As it was mentioned on forum by Eugen System(As far as I remember this) there will not be any DLC, only expansions.

About RUSE. As I remember RUSE had good support and developers did a lot of job(I mean adding feature, fixing bugs and balance) between open beta and final release.
Never apologize for being right!

zh00c3q
Sergeant First-Class

Postby zh00c3q » Thu 16 Feb 2012 11:30

Major wrote:Do you think it will be supported after release other than the now standard it seems paid DLC ?

Eugen is too hipster to make paid DLC :)

Major
Sergeant

Postby Major » Thu 16 Feb 2012 11:35

Thats encouraging to know, dont get me wrong i think the game is great, i am enjoying playing it and its great to have to employ combined arms like they are designed to be used not just box and go, like its been said it has more more in common with a simulation of warfare than your typical RTS/RTT game, in a similar way as say the ARMA games differ from the Battlefield games, which should only be encouraged and supported, its seems a rare and precious thing, that needs to be nurtured and given room grow. Its been a long time coming in my view.

Tigga
Lieutenant Colonel

Postby Tigga » Thu 16 Feb 2012 14:59

Lots of feedback from the beta was used. We have more income due to the beta testing (something I'm actually liking... even thought I was sure I wouldn't!), and arty of all types has received a severe nerfing. This might be why a lot of beta players really don't find it bad at all - we're used to dodging arty which was a lot nastier so the new soft arty never touches us. I don't know if they've opened up the beta forum... but check this post out for how it used to work: viewtopic.php?f=45&t=571&start=110#p8410

A few of the more minor balance tweaks we suggested are in the current beta as well. The AH-1E Cobra is a little cheaper (was 80), as are the Apache and Havocs (I think originally they were 210/200). I don't know how much of this was suggestions from the closed beta and how much was Eugen deciding independantly, but I think both are good!

gottimw
Master Sergeant

Postby gottimw » Thu 16 Feb 2012 15:36

animalshadow wrote:Well...

Exactly what did they do? Apart form rankings/decks/gui and minor units changes?

I hate to admit it, but maybe Alcarin was right all of this time.
I love GREEN font!
_____________.,,_ ______
____________o''___)~ ___
______________'''' ______

Major
Sergeant

Postby Major » Thu 16 Feb 2012 16:07

@TIGGA

I like how the arty discussion progressed over on the original Beta forum, seems like you guys suffered the effects of arty being more deadly than it is at present, and i am finding it deadly now.
A nice point you guys were making to do with the effects of arty on MBTs...

"In the case of indirect fire. Ever used firecrackers? Put a mouse in a tin can then light one medium banger near it. Then look what it did to the mouse. Same thing with tanks and their crew only couple of times bigger."

Any way gotta go now i gots me some tests to perform, if i can only remember where i left that damn mouse :D

Gronank
Colonel

Postby Gronank » Thu 16 Feb 2012 16:21

gottimw wrote:

Exactly what did they do? Apart form rankings/decks/gui and minor units changes?

The one thing I'm really excited about is the ability to queue unload commands on your apcs so you don't have to wait for the transports to arrive before ordering them to unload.

BobbyDylan
Sergeant First-Class

Postby BobbyDylan » Thu 16 Feb 2012 16:38

Gronank wrote:
gottimw wrote:

The one thing I'm really excited about is the ability to queue unload commands on your apcs so you don't have to wait for the transports to arrive before ordering them to unload.

you can do this now, by pressing SHFT to stack commands.

So click "mover here"
Hold SHIT and tap "U"

And the APC will move there and unload.

Oliver
Colonel

Postby Oliver » Thu 16 Feb 2012 18:49

gottimw wrote:

Unit symbols on sat view (a thing hundreds of players complained about), display zones on lower zoom levels (also demanded by many people) and many minor things I can't tell you because I'll get the boxed version and so can't play the preorder beta.

Return to “Wargame : European Escalation”