modding tools availability and release date?

hassanayoub85
Private

modding tools availability and release date?

Postby hassanayoub85 » Tue 11 Sep 2012 04:27

First impressive game and above imagination, thx for it.
Second does there exist a modding tool or at least level editor? if not, does it planned? when?
thx

IlSocio
Sergeant

Re: modding tools availability and release date?

Postby IlSocio » Tue 11 Sep 2012 09:16

People keep asking about that since the game came out, but i agree with those who think that there are too few players acrive right now to allow mods that for sure will split the community. (between 300 and 400 players every night).

The game is nice as it is, well supported by Eugen with patches, major balance changes and new maps and game mods.
Moana Team

Romiros
That was soooo easy

Postby Romiros » Tue 11 Sep 2012 09:39

IlSocio wrote:People keep asking about that since the game came out, but i agree with those who think that there are too few players acrive right now to allow mods that for sure will split the community. (between 300 and 400 players every night).

The game is nice as it is, well supported by Eugen with patches, major balance changes and new maps and game mods.

Sales of Arma II increase about 500% after mod Day Z came out. If guys like blahdy get WEE mod tools, who knows what they'll build ) Now they limited by WiC map sizes

ikalugin
More than 10 000 messages. Soldier you are the leader of all armies!

Postby ikalugin » Tue 11 Sep 2012 09:40

Romiros wrote:
IlSocio wrote:People keep asking about that since the game came out, but i agree with those who think that there are too few players acrive right now to allow mods that for sure will split the community. (between 300 and 400 players every night).

Sales of Arma II increase about 500% after mod Day Z came out. If guys like blahdy get WEE mod tools, who knows what they'll build ) Now they limited by WiC map sizes

Well we (my humble self and Blahdy) did discuss some ideas for the WEE, W:ALB mod, but it would largerly depend of Blahdy's time and presence of mod tools.

b/c I doubt anyone would try to break down the code wall ever again, like he did in WiC.
Spoiler : :
We need more missilez code for the missilez god.
Praslovan:
"Tactical Ikalugin inbound on this position in 10... 9..."

Romiros
That was soooo easy

Postby Romiros » Tue 11 Sep 2012 09:48

ikalugin wrote:
Romiros wrote:

Well we (my humble self and Blahdy) did discuss some ideas for the WEE, W:ALB mod, but it would largerly depend of Blahdy's time and presence of mod tools.

b/c I doubt anyone would try to break down the code wall ever again, like he did in WiC.

I want movie maker tool for WEE, that would be awesome.

ikalugin

Postby ikalugin » Tue 11 Sep 2012 09:58

Romiros wrote:I want movie maker tool for WEE, that would be awesome.

I want a planning tool and company-battalion unit AI :)
Spoiler : :
We need more missilez code for the missilez god.
Praslovan:
"Tactical Ikalugin inbound on this position in 10... 9..."

IlSocio
Sergeant

Postby IlSocio » Tue 11 Sep 2012 10:11

Romiros wrote:Sales of Arma II increase about 500% after mod Day Z came out. If guys like blahdy get WEE mod tools, who knows what they'll build ) Now they limited by WiC map sizes

Yeah, but sadly DayZ is not ArmA 2, it is a spin-out with the Boehmia engine that has nothing in common with ArmA. Infact they're going to make a separate game (luckily) and they're not going to include it in ArmA 3. And the fact ArmA is selling more is not becouse of ArmA, is becouse of DayZ. Result? The servers where the "true ArmA" is running are empty as before. Nothing change with DayZ.

I'm not against mod at all, i loved too much Blitzkrieg for CoH, to say one, but CoH after 10 years has still 10k player online, so losing even a 20% on different mods wouldn't change the community.

Here we have 400 people. If every team start to play only on this or that mod, we are going to get old just looking at an empty lobby.
Moana Team

DeuZerre
Location: Universe, Galaxy, Solar System, Earth, Ground, Eurasian Continent, Main Landmass.

Postby DeuZerre » Tue 11 Sep 2012 10:36

DayZ is an overall mod, changing everything from the game (not technically, but you don't play DayZ for the same reasons you play ArmA II).

If there was a mod tool for WEE or WAB (maybe not at release but soon after), what could you mod in? A zombie mod? :lol: The game would remain similar, just with different settings, attracting the same kind of players. If Eugen doesn't aim at creating an other "W:xx", mod tools are a great way to add sales to the game, and keep it alive as a marketing tool for their future games. Ideally, it'd be like Dawn of War with its simple way of activating/deactivating mods in the main menu so even with many mods alive, you wouldn't need tedious ways to be certain of what is in and what isn't, what version you're in and community wouldn't be too split.

[Note: Imagine a Zombie Mod for Wee: Waves and Waves of piechota Zmech without transports, of course, crossing the map from one end to the other. You'd have to survive as long as you can by controlling and holding sectors (they go in attack mode in a straight line only), to replace your losses.]
Marshal honoris causa
FLX wrote:Removing the weaknesses from the divisions leads to all divisions being the same in the long run. We won't proceed like that.

praslovan
Major-General

Postby praslovan » Tue 11 Sep 2012 12:27

Sorry to pop your bubble but best case of mod tools is a map making something. Not full SDK. And that wouldl not really split the community. Yeah there was something about stat editor but I don't think they would actually give it.

IlSocio
Sergeant

Postby IlSocio » Tue 11 Sep 2012 12:36

praslovan wrote:Sorry to pop your bubble but best case of mod tools is a map making something. Not full SDK. And that wouldl not really split the community. Yeah there was something about stat editor but I don't think they would actually give it.

This is a good point, i can agree with that.

My concern is not about the mods in general, i think they are great becouse people could imagine and realize things that the devs couldn't has figured out (like the "reverse" button... :mrgreen: ), its about finding someone to play with/against when i host a game in the lobby becouse x is playing that mod and y that other and z the other again.
Moana Team

Return to “Wargame : European Escalation”