Game is getting boring... add Mod tools -.-

Major Snails
Sergeant Major of the Army

Game is getting boring... add Mod tools -.-

Postby Major Snails » Sat 29 Sep 2012 10:17

Well, I was looking forward to the new patch, the new maps and the new game mode.
I was hoping for much more, especially regarding ATGMs and other balance stuff.
But hey, I never get what I want anyway.

Anyway, the game turned boring already. The new maps all play like Fulda gap without the annoying reinforcment lines on the flanks. Also they both seem pretty similar. Also the meta game is even more dull now. I didnt have to change even one unit in all my decks from the changes and also all the tactics I used are still working.

I think its finally time to implement mod tools. Patches are not sufficient anymore. I think even W:AB will not change that much...

W:EE is the PERFECT basis for Simulator-like, more realistic mods, WWII mods, Desert Storm modern warfare mods, even Iraq/Iran war would be quite interesting. At least something different and interesting which EUGEN would never do.

Mods could do that. Mods could prevent this game from beeing all the same all the time.

And I think it will bring more players because many ppl play certain games only because of mids. Imagine, Counterstrike was a map, also Day of Defeat. DayZ is a mod and Suddenstrike 2 is still played only by users of RealWarfareMod.
Civilisation has the mods included in the game and so on.
Really, I would even learn the software code to get working on that. Based on W:EE I can imagine all my wet dreams about strategy games might come true finally o_O

EDIT: yes, sounds boring for some. But really, every time I join a game I want to quit already. And I dont even play that much. Its been long since I played W:EE extensivly.

Boogie Van
Lieutenant General

Re: Game is getting boring... add Mod tools -.-

Postby Boogie Van » Sat 29 Sep 2012 10:56

Bring in more people, more people means more money for Eugen, more money for Eugen would undoubtedly mean that they would be thinking of pursuing this tangent to the end of the rainbow with it.

I think mod tools would be when Eugen could walk away from what they've started and leave us with it, but I don't think either us or them is ready for it, yet.

A map editor being pushed out with AirLand Battle would certainly create new an invigorating challenges, a scenario editor would allow players to create their own missions to their own tastes, and mod tools would allow us all to tweak the Eugen's vision to whatever they want it to be, but let's keep our perversion away from it until they decide it's ready, eh?

Major Snails

Postby Major Snails » Sat 29 Sep 2012 11:12

Boogie Van wrote:Bring in more people, more people means more money for Eugen, more money for Eugen would undoubtedly mean that they would be thinking of pursuing this tangent to the end of the rainbow with it.

From my friends, six ppl were playing this game. The all belong to what I call "strategy game freaks" who just eat games that simulate history, both in a more realistic or arcade style.

But they all stopped playing W:EE pretty fast and I cant get them back. Also ppl I try to bring dont like the game very much.
The main issue is, the game cannot decide whether it is a realsitic simulator or an arcade action game. All of my mates had different reasons against W:EE, one was only using heavy tanks and liked the arcade style, the others thought it was a simulator but then were unsatisfied totally because of many different issues.

I always was a "special" player, searching for the perfect merge of action and realism and I have many working approaches on my own tabletop and board games. But W:EE is just making the worst of the combination :(
And I cannot bring it to my ppl for that specific reason.

DelroyMonjo
Colonel

Postby DelroyMonjo » Sat 29 Sep 2012 11:20

If mod tools were ever offered, I could possibly fulfill my fantasy of WWII with European, Pacific islands, CBI and North Africa scenarios from 1939 to 1945 or beyond. Of course nobody would ever play those mods. They would be busy playing Major Snails Zombie Apocalypse mod with unstoppable infantry overrunning towns and eating brains in glorious color using the blood pack mod.
Illegitimi non carborundum.

Major Snails

Postby Major Snails » Sat 29 Sep 2012 11:36

DelroyMonjo wrote:If mod tools were ever offered, I could possibly fulfill my fantasy of WWII with European, Pacific islands, CBI and North Africa scenarios from 1939 to 1945 or beyond. Of course nobody would ever play those mods. They would be busy playing Major Snails Zombie Apocalypse mod with unstoppable infantry overrunning towns and eating brains in glorious color using the blood pack mod.

OMG!!!!!
I would ofc totally play "Wargame: Island Hopping" or drive Rommels Phantom tank divisions through north africa.

But you made my day with your Zombie Apocalypse!!! How AWESOME. I just imagine like 2 million zombie infantry spawning all over the map, while the US national guard and Police with poor accuracy holds the villages, while my glourious 1st armoured come with abrams to overroll the HORDE!
Supply lines would be most vital, while infantry is vulnerable, but yet important to defend towns effective.
And ofc there would be one inf model special characters like Milla Jov... I mean "Alice" or "Jill Valentine" :)

You could even play "World vs Umbrella Corp" with last one dropping T-virus bombs on villages spawning zombie inf units and monsters, buhahahah!!

OMG... I need sleep ^^

Adolith
Chief Warrant Officer

Postby Adolith » Sat 29 Sep 2012 12:07

Majorsnails, you need to get a reality check.

There were countless calls for mod tools, this was discussed n times on this forum. The arguments are on the table, and for the record, I would like mod tools as well. However, "Me and my friends dont like the game" are not objective arguments for mod tools. Saying it is a "bad game" is not an objective argument.

In the end it is Eugens game and we are not entitled to mod tools. You have no idea how much it would cost to create usable mod tools, if there are licensing issues with the tools, code and engine Eugen used to create the game. The gaming industry is a business, and the goal is to pay the bills not to make every gamers wet dreams true.

Eugen gives us free DLCs, and I have no doubt they would give us modding tools if it was that easy.

Major Snails

Postby Major Snails » Sat 29 Sep 2012 13:22

Yo...
So, for myself, I am not the casual gamer. I am a freak. But my friends are mostly that, what a typical strategy gamer is. At least the more intelligent ones...

And intelligent gamers want to make the best of every game, enjoy diversity and play the part of their favourite engine/game that fits their needs best.
I mean, I know ppl who played nothing but Tower Defense, but there are thousands who like it.
League of Legends is a game that grew the new Counterstrike since it was released just 2 years ago or so.
And LoL is originated as a MOD of Warcraft 3.

Mods are the living essence of every game and its community. Its not a decision of a company for or against mods, its a decision whether to make the own game a living one or a dieing one.
I played many games the last years that had NO single modding option. they all gone or still dieing slowly.

While I can still play games I started playing when I was a teen and that still live due to their mods.

Ofc there are some games who lived without mods. But W:EE is not one of those (IMO).

Kamrat Roger
Lieutenant

Postby Kamrat Roger » Sat 29 Sep 2012 14:39

I would like mod tools but I think it would be a bad idea to release mod tools for EE when ALB is just around the corner.
Not that I don't want mod tools for EE but I think Eugens time and resources are better spent on improving ALB and when it is released they could focus on creating mod tools for ALB.

WWWallace71
Lieutenant

Postby WWWallace71 » Sun 30 Sep 2012 00:48

Adolith wrote:Majorsnails, you need to get a reality check.

Glad I'm not the only one that thinks so. Jesus man do you even PLAY this game Snails?
Gopblin wrote:(Considering Wallace once posted pics of actual, honest-to-god human excrement to show his attitude towards me, I'm betting bad laughter)

Self-proclaimed rap god of the forums. #spit.

Major Snails

Postby Major Snails » Sun 30 Sep 2012 02:58

WWWallace71 wrote:
Adolith wrote:Majorsnails, you need to get a reality check.

Glad I'm not the only one that thinks so. Jesus man do you even PLAY this game Snails?

Love your stories. I was level 100, lost my levels to 11 and am back at level 60-70 again.
I play the game every day, but not with my board nickname.

Return to “Wargame : European Escalation”