PACT has so many advantages

stryker468
Sergeant

Re: PACT has so many advantages

Postby stryker468 » Fri 19 Oct 2012 22:03

Misfit wrote:Imo NATO has a much broader and better selection of vehicles, choppers and artillery. And the TOW is nothing to sneeze at, considering you can get it for just 20 points.

A much broader selection of inferior vehicles? Yay, I get tons more Tanks and Vehicles with No ATGM and therefore shorter ranges :D

And yes TOW jeeps are great. Almost non-optional right? You have to spam the damn things to have any chance of stopping PACT atgm vehicles. And even then it only works because they are cheap...you can count on 50+% of them to get wiped out :(
Perfection is the Enemy of Progress

D-M

Postby D-M » Fri 19 Oct 2012 22:25

Most of the hight Elo players won their point during the course of different meta, bringing them as a point to prove something about the current meta right now isn't helpful. :/

Nato has a huge advantage in early game, when speed and chopper are primordial since they have excellent chopper to chopper abilities btw.

stryker468
Sergeant

Postby stryker468 » Fri 19 Oct 2012 22:32

D-M wrote:Most of the hight Elo players won their point during the course of different meta, bringing them as a point to prove something about the current meta right now isn't helpful. :/

Nato has a huge advantage in early game, when speed and chopper are primordial since they have excellent chopper to chopper abilities btw.

Well sorry but ELO is ELO. I don't know where the players got it and neither do you

And sure NATO choppers can best PACT choppers. And then they get wasted by an unseen BUK, or anything else that breathes on them

DeuZerre
More than 10 000 messages. Soldier you are the leader of all armies!
Location: Universe, Galaxy, Solar System, Earth, Ground, Eurasian Continent, Main Landmass.

Postby DeuZerre » Fri 19 Oct 2012 22:42

You know, I got my elo of 1600+ no sweak by killing single unprotected command vehicles in the early metas against opponents rushing through the map.
Marshal honoris causa
FLX wrote:Removing the weaknesses from the divisions leads to all divisions being the same in the long run. We won't proceed like that.

D-M

Postby D-M » Fri 19 Oct 2012 23:14

stryker468 wrote:
D-M wrote:Most of the hight Elo players won their point during the course of different meta, bringing them as a point to prove something about the current meta right now isn't helpful. :/

Well sorry but ELO is ELO. I don't know where the players got it and neither do you

And sure NATO choppers can best PACT choppers. And then they get wasted by an unseen BUK, or anything else that breathes on them

What part of "early game" is so diffcult to understand ?

stryker468
Sergeant

Postby stryker468 » Fri 19 Oct 2012 23:22

D-M wrote:
stryker468 wrote:

What part of "early game" is so diffcult to understand ?

It's not difficult to understand. Its just irrelevant

Early game is not the entire game. You're talking about one slight advantage at one specific time in the game

I am talking about persistent advantages throughout the game

And do you always argue by provoking people? Must get old for everyone...

DeuZerre
Location: Universe, Galaxy, Solar System, Earth, Ground, Eurasian Continent, Main Landmass.

Postby DeuZerre » Fri 19 Oct 2012 23:27

Tryker, just accept this: Some of us have been here since the release, and some before, and it is a -fact- that factions had their up and downs. Sometimes even due to a single unit.

So, balance is always shifting, and it's pretty balanced on maps with varied terrain, NATO's win in shorter range terrain, and PACT's win on open terrain.

I don't even remember why we started talking about ELO, but one thing is sure: Some people earned a high elo by exploiting some of the game's aspects.
Marshal honoris causa
FLX wrote:Removing the weaknesses from the divisions leads to all divisions being the same in the long run. We won't proceed like that.

Crotou
Colonel

Postby Crotou » Fri 19 Oct 2012 23:27

It's not difficult to understand. Its just irrelevant

Early game is not the entire game. You're talking about one slight advantage at one specific time in the game

I am talking about persistent advantages throughout the game

And do you always argue by provoking people? Must get old for everyone...

Early game is very important.

We have seen many "PACT/NATO is OP" since the release of the game, so we are a little bit tired of it. I think you can understand that.

PACT and NATO are not played the same way and they have their own forces and weaknesses. You just have to learn how to play with both sides. Then you will stop arguing about what side is "OP". ;)

stryker468
Sergeant

Postby stryker468 » Fri 19 Oct 2012 23:38

DeuZerre wrote:Tryker, just accept this: Some of us have been here since the release, and some before, and it is a -fact- that factions had their up and downs. Sometimes even due to a single unit.

So, balance is always shifting, and it's pretty balanced on maps with varied terrain, NATO's win in shorter range terrain, and PACT's win on open terrain.

I don't even remember why we started talking about ELO, but one thing is sure: Some people earned a high elo by exploiting some of the game's aspects.

I am only expressing the opinion that right now the game is a bit unbalanced in favor of PACT. It's still playable, and a player can still win as NATO.

I would also like for some of these opinions to be taken into account when the next game is released (W:AB). Just because it has been discussed before ad infinitum does not mean it is something which should not be discussed. And I maintain that due to the fact that an entirely new game is being released, now is the time to point these things out.

No disrespect intended for anyone

Graphic

Postby Graphic » Fri 19 Oct 2012 23:57

This is a pretty balanced game right now. You need to learn how to counter Pact better is all.
k

Return to “Wargame : European Escalation”