So this "Shop"

Imperial Dane
Sergeant First-Class

So this "Shop"

Postby Imperial Dane » Sun 14 Aug 2011 23:27

Well been looking at it and sort of thinking. Well what's the future purpose of it ? I mean what sort of long term plans are there with the wargame franchise ? Because clearly Focus and Eugen probably have more in mind than just selling the actual game.

I mean my guess would be different varities of DLC, perhaps a soundtrack ? Soviet War material ? :P

When you have something like that already present on what is already a pretty impresive game page well one does wonder ;)

Tac Error
Captain

Re: So this "Shop"

Postby Tac Error » Sun 14 Aug 2011 23:32

Looking at other Focus Home game sites, "Shop" appears to be a link to Focus Home's digital distribution site.

As for DLC, it was answered in a previous interview that there would not be any paid DLC.
SLONIK MARSHAL

"Large mechanized forces always defeat small mechanized forces." - M. N. Tukhachevsky

Imperial Dane
Sergeant First-Class

Postby Imperial Dane » Sun 14 Aug 2011 23:39

Fair enough. Didn't know that, just some thoughts anyways and seeing as DLC is catching on it could have been possible that some long term strategy was involved with wargame for all i know.

Tac Error
Captain

Postby Tac Error » Mon 15 Aug 2011 04:01

The same interview says that Focus Home or Eugen is considering a community map pack and that "anything's possible", but no additional paid content.
SLONIK MARSHAL

"Large mechanized forces always defeat small mechanized forces." - M. N. Tukhachevsky

ColonelMyth117
Corporal

Postby ColonelMyth117 » Sun 4 Sep 2011 04:23

Me personally, I like games which don't have you pay for DLC. I mean you know when the game came out they already had plans for DLC, I feel it is just an extra way for these places to make an extra buck after I just spent $60, it is outrageous.
"I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones."
-Albert Einstein

tangoliber
Private First-Class

Postby tangoliber » Sun 4 Sep 2011 04:26

I like dlc, but it needs to be substantial. I'd rather pay 25 dollars for a real expansion pack than 5 dollars for a few maps.

esco7800
Sergeant

Postby esco7800 » Mon 5 Sep 2011 05:08

tangoliber wrote:I like dlc, but it needs to be substantial. I'd rather pay 25 dollars for a real expansion pack than 5 dollars for a few maps.

+1

ColonelMyth117
Corporal

Postby ColonelMyth117 » Mon 5 Sep 2011 05:25

But tell me why I should pay for DLC after I just spent 60$ on the game? It is just another scam.
"I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones."
-Albert Einstein

esco7800
Sergeant

Postby esco7800 » Mon 5 Sep 2011 06:07

ColonelMyth117 wrote:But tell me why I should pay for DLC after I just spent 60$ on the game? It is just another scam.

Well my friend, this is why I think you should, games like this are niche based, at best it may sell a few hundred thousand copies, it's not COD. next the people behind the game have families, mortgages, and car notes to pay for. next, games are very expensive to make, and this game at the most will cost 49.99, they'll be lucky to brake even or make a small profit. next Eugen Systems is a small company and there giving you 300+ units 20 to 30 maps to stat with. So it's not like there giving 1/2 a game then trying to sell you DLC. So if you want to see more niche based games like this, support the complains like this that make them. forgetting the fact that it's DLC, optional, if you think 300+ units and 20+ maps is them not giving you more then what your paying for, well we're all entitled to our opinion. But I would like to personally say thank you to, Eugen Systems for this game and ill buy any DLC they put out if they decide to make any.

Return to “Wargame : European Escalation”