Catch me up please?

Alicuza
Sergeant First-Class

Catch me up please?

Postby Alicuza » Mon 3 Dec 2012 08:02

Hey guys, I haven't been playing wargame for the last few months and after playing a couple of games these days, I realised a lot has changed in the meta.

Could anyone catch me up?

What I realised on my own:
1. ATGM are much more effective than they were before, making heavy use of tanks or rushes obsolete.
2. Flametanks have a much smaller range in woods. (Not really sure about that)

REDDQ
General

Re: Catch me up please?

Postby REDDQ » Mon 3 Dec 2012 09:01

1. Yeap ATGMs are powerful, firing like gatling gun (you know, realism [sarcasm off]) and if they miss, they do morale damage based on their AP value... and no, we do not know how it is calculated.
2. Flame tanks have the same range as before but they are not capable of firing without sight which means that they alone have to see enemy unit to shoot.

Dimonay
Lieutenant

Postby Dimonay » Mon 3 Dec 2012 10:13

ATGM have gotten a buff to ap, and ap shots do moral damage.
Flame tanks have to have LOS to fire.

Misfit
Captain

Postby Misfit » Mon 3 Dec 2012 11:10

Dimonay wrote:ATGM have gotten a buff to ap, and ap shots do moral damage.
Flame tanks have to have LOS to fire.

ATGMs actualy got a 175m(?) range increase across the board, faster aiming and AP increase (up to +3 for some). AP 14 missiles can one-shot-kill any 5 sidearmor and only need 2 hits (or a single crit) to kill any 10 front armor tank. Thats why you wont see many expensive tanks anymore.

Also note that NATOs Roland2 cant outrange any pact chopper missiles anymore, making them a bit tricky to use(to say the least) for true aa cover.

Plus the added morale damage with missing AP shots (including missiles) which also affects mounted infantry.

Those are basicaly the most meta-breaking changes. Some still enjoy the new game, others dont and Eugen doesnt seem to care anymore as they focus on W:ALB.

Did i miss anything?
Perlen vor die Säue.

Alicuza
Sergeant First-Class

Postby Alicuza » Mon 3 Dec 2012 12:00

Yeah, when I started palying again I actually went for my old tactic, supporting 1-2 heavy tanks to break through and do the damage, and they were utterly useless against a barrage of ATGMs. There doesn't seem to be any point in even getting the heavily armored stuff anymore, as they will die to 1 or 2 shots anyway.

Misfit wrote:Also note that NATOs Roland2 cant outrange any pact chopper missiles anymore, making them a bit tricky to use(to say the least) for true aa cover.

Well, that doesn't really affect me since I've mostly played with vetted Chaparral and Autocannons. Still good to know.

Dimonay wrote:Flame tanks have to have LOS to fire.

Quite the nerf, but I think it was necessary.

DeuZerre
More than 10 000 messages. Soldier you are the leader of all armies!
Location: Universe, Galaxy, Solar System, Earth, Ground, Eurasian Continent, Main Landmass.

Postby DeuZerre » Mon 3 Dec 2012 12:24

AMX-32 got a price reduction if you want a heavy's canon, a medium/light's armour and speed, and a meduim high's price.

It costs 80 now.
Marshal honoris causa
FLX wrote:Removing the weaknesses from the divisions leads to all divisions being the same in the long run. We won't proceed like that.

Alicuza
Sergeant First-Class

Postby Alicuza » Mon 3 Dec 2012 12:26

DeuZerre wrote:AMX-32 got a price reduction if you want a heavy's canon, a medium/light's armour and speed, and a meduim high's price.

It costs 80 now.

Didn't even notice that. This could actually be usefull now. :o

Dimonay
Lieutenant

Postby Dimonay » Mon 3 Dec 2012 12:51

Alicuza wrote:Yeah, when I started palying again I actually went for my old tactic, supporting 1-2 heavy tanks to break through and do the damage, and they were utterly useless against a barrage of ATGMs. There doesn't seem to be any point in even getting the heavily armored stuff anymore, as they will die to 1 or 2 shots anyway.

One or two heavy tanks can be effective but they have more of a support role now. The bulk of my army is now medium/cheap stuff and some times a heavy.
But IMHO it's not the T-80U and leopard 2 that's the best tanks.
It's the abraham or amx-32 (It cost 80 now) and on the pact side it's the T-80.
But most times I don't use heavy anymore but they can be really good but they have to be used more carefully and mabe a bit different.

Alicuza
Sergeant First-Class

Postby Alicuza » Mon 3 Dec 2012 13:07

If the opponent is defending with atgm, there is no point in getting the expensive stuff. A good opponent is going to focu them first. You can use them, but mostly for defense in my opinion.

Misfit
Captain

Postby Misfit » Mon 3 Dec 2012 15:11

Dimonay wrote:
Alicuza wrote:Yeah, when I started palying again I actually went for my old tactic, supporting 1-2 heavy tanks to break through and do the damage, and they were utterly useless against a barrage of ATGMs. There doesn't seem to be any point in even getting the heavily armored stuff anymore, as they will die to 1 or 2 shots anyway.

One or two heavy tanks can be effective but they have more of a support role now. The bulk of my army is now medium/cheap stuff and some times a heavy.
But IMHO it's not the T-80U and leopard 2 that's the best tanks.
It's the abraham or amx-32 (It cost 80 now) and on the pact side it's the T-80.
But most times I don't use heavy anymore but they can be really good but they have to be used more carefully and mabe a bit different.

Heavy tanks are obviously great in everything a medium tank does. However it doesnt really justify the price for more ap and armor. Compared to "heavy" tankcannons ATGMs are miles better at killing other heavy tanks because they cost less, have more range and far more power and usualy multible times the availability.
Perlen vor die Säue.

Return to “Wargame : European Escalation”