Terrible infantry

Breadbox
Captain

Terrible infantry

Postby Breadbox » Mon 4 Mar 2013 11:18

Apparently some of the marshals think the infantry is balanced,well,there is actually many ineffective/useless infantry in the game,
Disclaimer:I can very well be wrong and these are just personal opinion.

Tier1:Niche infantry
These infantry dont really need a buff(since you guise cant seem to see this),but they are situational and not always worth an infantry slot

Panzergrenadier:Expensive expensive expensive,so adsurdly expensive that none uses them,ineffective as atgm infantry and FAR too expensive as shock,they are too expensive to do anything.Maybe they can do good against noobs who cant use arty,this is the only time they pay back their deployment cost.

Fernspher:Lack of proper anti tank weapons means they need to be paired with other infantry and completely prohibit their use as a special forces.The main reason of their absense is deltas.

VDV:expensive transport coupled with normel optics limits their use greatly,ineffective as sf and too expensive to use as shock inf.

Hemischutzen:rarely seen them,barely use them,can someone tell me what are they good for?

Spetznat:They exist only to combat Nato SF and sometimes other infantry but MotSchutzen and Spados is generally better at that

4VPUZ:the only RPG armed SF for pact,inferior to Nato Counterpart for 35pts and no stun grenade

Confession:I use Pact more than Nato and would like to go Delta raid on Nato
Tier 2:Bad infantry:These infantry have below average stat and there are better alternatives

Motostrelki:do not stone me just yet,people use them for only 2 reasons:Lack of anyother 10man basic infantry and Bmp1s.Their stats are pretty much below average.

Paratrooper:20pt shocktroops in terrible transport?They have average stats for shocktroops and i wonder where does the extra 5p came from.(They could really use some Law acc)

All 5man recon squad:They actually belong more in the niche infantry catergory,but they generally 0 combat value and SF can recon and fight at the same time,meaning they are a waste of inf slot.They would be ok if they are better at observing (or harder to see,but i don't think it is the case) than SF,but they are generally not better...also,the lack of Visible fog of war in WEE makes ground recon iffy.

Tier 3:Garbage:poor in every conceivable manner,these are so terrible it is absurd to even have them in the deck

Riflemen:they are like the extra bad motorrifles,at least they have good transport and is the only one of their kind.They are only taken to have more itow and inflexible price of bradly extinguish their last hope.(they are just a byproduct of bradley)

Sapery/sapeur:Really?At least it is an accurate representation of flamethrower on a modern battlefield(useless)

SAS:giving a sf Manpad is already downgrading him to a purly defensive/observation role.Giving a sf a bad Manpad is the fastest way to make everyone stay the hell away from it.

Piechota Zmech:A 5 men basic infantry with bad stats and poor avialibility,is this a bad joke?Good thing they are already doing something about it.

Ranger:Really really misrepresented unit(manpads?Is there end to your tyranny?You are making good infantry Bad!),moreover they have really unsuitable transport for a recon squad,they should be totally combat viable rather than a basic recon squad(2He is totally useless here)in game.They should get a 10men squad imo(compare it to FJB)
Last edited by Breadbox on Mon 4 Mar 2013 12:32, edited 17 times in total.

Soundwolf776
Lieutenant Colonel

Re: Terrible infantry

Postby Soundwolf776 » Mon 4 Mar 2013 11:29

Motostrelki:do not stone me just yet,people ise them for only 2 reasons:Lack of anyother 10man basic infantry and Bmp1p.Their stats are pretty much garbage.

They're taken mainly with BTR-60PAI - 10 men squad for 15pts, primary candidate for veterancy. Coupled with Spetsnaz, seems to be quite an awesome counter to vetted Chassuers and stuff.
Does somebody take a lot of BMP1Ps? Time and time again I see that people use BMP1D mainly. For ATGM duty a pair of Shturm-S is usually better, as you can outshoot NATO ATGMs and NATO rarely brings enough worthy targets for a lot of ATGMs.

stratmania
Lieutenant Colonel

Postby stratmania » Mon 4 Mar 2013 11:31

Breadbox wrote:Apparently some of the marshals think the infantry is balanced,therefore its my duty to point out is just as many bad/useless units in infantry as in other catergories.

These infantry dont really need a buff,but they are extremely situational and not always worth an infantry slot

Fernspher:Lack of proper anti tank weapons means they need to be paired with other infantry and completely prohibit their use as a special forces.The main reason of their absense is deltas.

VDV:expensive transport coupled with normel optics limits their use greatly,ineffective as sf and too expensive to use as shock inf.

Hemischutzen:rarely seen them,barely use them,can someone tell me what are they good for?

Spetznat:They exist only to combat Nato SF

Tier 2:Bad infantry:These infantry have below average stat and many better alternatives

Motostrelki:do not stone me just yet,people ise them for only 2 reasons:Lack of anyother 10man basic infantry and Bmp1p.Their stats are pretty much garbage.

Paratrooper:20pt shocktroops in terrible transport?They have average stats for shocktroops and i wonder where does the extra 5p came from.(They could really use some Law acc)

All 5man recon squad:They actually belong more in the niche infantry catergory,but they generally 0 combat value Nd Sf can recon and fight at the sametime,meaning they are A waste of inf slot

Panzergrenadier:Expensive expensive expensive,so adsurdly expensive that none uses them,ineffective as atgm infantry and FAR too expensive as shock,they are too expensive to do anything.Maybe they can do good against noobs who cant use arty,this is the only time they pay back their deployment cost.

Tier 3:Garbage:poor in every conceivable manner,these are so terrible it is absurd to even have them in the deck
Um, panzergrenadiers are good, but too expensive. Just increase the amount of missiles or price buff.
Fernspahers have a place in my deck as ground support.
Spetsnaz can be used as ground support or air infiltration (complimented with at infantry)

Riflemen:they are like the extra bad motorrifles,at least they have good transport and is the only one of their kind.They are only taken to have more itow and inflexible price of bradly extinguish their last hope.(they are just a byproduct of bradley)

Sapery/sapeur:Really?At least it is an accurate representation of flamethrower on a modern battlefield(useless)

SAS:giving a sf Manpad is already downgrading him to a purly defensive/observation role.Giving a sf a bad Manpad is the fastest way to make everyone stay the hell away from it.

Piechota Zmech:A 5 men basic infantry with bad stats and poor avialibilityis this a bad joke?Good thing they are already doing something about it.

Ranger:Really really misrepresented unit(manpads?Is there end to your tyranny?You are making good infantry Bad!),moreover they have really unsuitable transport for a recon squad,they should be totally combat viable rather than a basic recon squad(2He is totally useless here)in game.They get a 10men squad imo(compare it to FJB)

bretts
First Sergeant

Postby bretts » Mon 4 Mar 2013 11:32

have you ever seen replay from any top/medium players?

infantry is great.

If i could have a deck with 10 infantry slots i could beat any medium players with only just infs.

Motostrelki. lol. the best unit ever. I cant count have many kills they did since i play. must be over a zillion :mrgreen:

i would say infs in buildings are too strong. Even arti and flame takes an hour to kill them.

I use infs since i played and annihilated by Diana at WEE beta. You just have to learn how to use them.

FFR.Tarask
Captain

Postby FFR.Tarask » Mon 4 Mar 2013 11:33

Some is not all of. And, looking at the next patch, there will be changes. Until I don't agree with all of your POVs, I don't think most of the marshall agree with your first statement.

Grosnours
Lieutenant Colonel

Postby Grosnours » Mon 4 Mar 2013 11:33

Breadbox wrote:Fernspher:Lack of proper anti tank weapons means they need to be paired with other infantry and completely prohibit their use as a special forces.The main reason of their absense is deltas.

I only have one thing to say about them : 14 precision with 7.62 caliber.
Pretty much a must have in my opinion.

Breadbox wrote:Hemischutzen:rarely seen them,barely use them,can someone tell me what are they good for?

Easy : take a forest and sprinkle the Heimatschutzen on it. Now take some inf, wait for the opponent to infiltrate the forest and engage your dirt cheap troops helped by the 12.7 of their M113 and arty them to hell.
Reap the points.

Breadbox wrote:All 5man recon squad:They actually belong more in the niche infantry catergory,but they generally 0 combat value Nd Sf can recon and fight at the sametime,meaning they are A waste of inf slot

Well if they are recon, why the hell should they be that much valuable in combat ?
Because you can't recon and combat at the same time, as recon means also stealth.

Breadbox wrote:Sapery/sapeur:Really?At least it is an accurate representation of flamethrower on a modern battlefield(useless)

Useful when they are polish as they are kings of street ambushes.

But on a more general note, I would really wait for the patch before complaining, it's due soon.

Breadbox
Captain

Postby Breadbox » Mon 4 Mar 2013 11:43

bretts wrote:have you ever seen replay from any top/medium players?

infantry is great.

If i could have a deck with 10 infantry slots i could beat any medium players with only just infs.

Motostrelki. lol. the best unit ever. I cant count have many kills they did since i play. must be over a zillion :mrgreen:

i would say infs in buildings are too strong. Even arti and flame takes an hour to kill them.

I use infs since i played and annihilated by Diana at WEE beta. You just have to learn how to use them.

FOR the love of god,we are talking about infantry units that are bad compared to other infantry units,not that Infantry is bad in general.LEARN TO READ!

Azaz3l
Brigadier

Postby Azaz3l » Mon 4 Mar 2013 11:53

Pretty much. Also using motostrelki to get BMP-1P is pointless, you can buy cheaper motostrelci with BMP-1P for 30 points (vs 35 for motostrelki).

Breadbox
Captain

Postby Breadbox » Mon 4 Mar 2013 11:55

Grosnours wrote:
Breadbox wrote:

I only have one thing to say about them : 14 precision with 7.62 caliber.
Pretty much a must have in my opinion.
Pact don't really have many infantry that calls for Fernsper(they still lose to spetznatz).legion and general infantry(superior to pact infantry) will do most of the time.

Breadbox wrote:Hemischutzen:rarely seen them,barely use them,can someone tell me what are they good for?

Easy : take a forest and sprinkle the Heimatschutzen on it. Now take some inf, wait for the opponent to infiltrate the forest and engage your dirt cheap troops helped by the 12.7 of their M113 and arty them to hell.
Reap the points.Point taken

Breadbox wrote:All 5man recon squad:They actually belong more in the niche infantry catergory,but they generally 0 combat value Nd Sf can recon and fight at the sametime,meaning they are A waste of inf slot

Well if they are recon, why the hell should they be that much valuable in combat ?
Because you can't recon and combat at the same time, as recon means also stealth.
Delta Force?FJB40?4VPUZ?Every single Special Forces disagrees with this statement

Breadbox wrote:Sapery/sapeur:Really?At least it is an accurate representation of flamethrower on a modern battlefield(useless)

Useful when they are polish as they are kings of street ambushes.
That is why I didn't mention Sapery Sturmovik

But on a more general note, I would really wait for the patch before complaining, it's due soon.
I wish

Buck Turgidson
Second-Lieutenant

Postby Buck Turgidson » Mon 4 Mar 2013 11:57

Breadbox wrote:Apparently some of the marshals think the infantry is balanced,therefore its my duty to point out is just as many bad/useless units in infantry as in other catergories.

These infantry dont really need a buff,but they are extremely situational and not always worth an infantry slot

What!? The best recon & shock infantry money can buy, honestly. I always have these on my deck. They may not have LAWs but the AT grenades arent' that bad. Besides when you fight inside a forest, tanks appear pretty much in grenade range so having a LAW isn't really an issue. This unit is definitely not useless.

It's not a terrible unit by stats but a terrible unit by usability. Expensive infantry paired with expensive choppers. No recon ability. If you could buy them in BTRs, they'd probably have a use. One important role of airborne infantry is having good or better optics, so I'd pick Spets or VPZU any day over VDVs.

Cheap, good for filling the gaps in your defenses. They may not excel in battle but they'll alert you of enemy presence. Also if you buy them fully vetted I believe they can actually fight quite decently inside forests. The M113 is crap though but what can you expect for that price...

Spetznat:They exist only to combat Nato SF

They're nasty anti-infantry shock troops with good optics. Perfect for towns and clearing out woods full of enemy infantry. They have a purpose. A specialized unit and good at what it does.

Tier 2:Bad infantry:These infantry have below average stat and many better alternatives

Used also because they come in numbers (40). For BMPs you have Piechotas/Motostrelci. The BTR is also quite potent against those poorly armored NATO choppers. They're not bad - they're mediocre. Inside buildings they can be quite effective and you can afford to deploy them in large numbers. I personally use them - pretty much comparable to the Fusiliers?

This unit suffers from mediocrity. They don't shine on anything and they still cost considerably and come in a paperthin "APC". It's too middle ground, you usually either go with a cheaper multipurpose unit or more expensive, proper shock troops.

All 5man recon squad:They actually belong more in the niche infantry catergory,but they generally 0 combat value Nd Sf can recon and fight at the sametime,meaning they are A waste of inf slot

You mean the Rep Famas?
Never really used them. 5 men, good LAW, good for recon but expensive, low in availability and generally shouldn't be shooting anything because it's a 5 man squad - it's useless for combat. If I want expendable infantry recon, I'll buy the BGS for 20 pts instead. It doesn't have the LAW but it's 20 points, so it's cheap to throw in.

Not a bad unit, also been using these in Fuchs. Good for garrisoning buildings, keeps vehicles away and can defend well against any infantry. The Milan F1 of course is ridiculously inaccurate and sucks your supply trucks dry in seconds, which is the bad part. The supply drainage is the main problem this unit suffers from.

I agree. Nothing good to be said about this unit. Also nobody wants to buy them in the M113s because they run out of fuel before they reach their deployment areas...

Pretty much useless, especially with the low availability. It might be more attractive if they were available in double the numbers.

Could work if it was available in a ground transport.

Piechota Zmech:A 5 men basic infantry with bad stats and poor avialibilityis this a bad joke?Good thing they are already doing something about it.

I believe it was nerfed back in the days when they were 10 men and spammable, when the meta was different. I believe the new patch should bring them back being a more viable option.

Ranger:Really really misrepresented unit(manpads?Is there end to your tyranny?You are making good infantry Bad!),moreover they have really unsuitable transport for a recon squad,they should be totally combat viable rather than a basic recon squad(2He is totally useless here)in game.They get a 10men squad imo(compare it to FJB)

Give them Stingers and they'd actually be properly armed - or up them to 10 men.
ImageImage

Return to “Wargame : European Escalation”