New ELO new RUSH for win

kyps
Corporal

New ELO new RUSH for win

Postby kyps » Sun 31 Mar 2013 18:37

For Game Ranked
If you see Dirty-D alias Der Amatuer attention it's a spam who wait you.
I propose to create a list of rusher to know who aren't fairplay..

Please stop to kill the game !

witness
http://escalation.eu/index.php?viewReplay=1196
gg
Impossible Is Nothing

Drrty-D
Major

Re: New ELO new RUSH for win

Postby Drrty-D » Sun 31 Mar 2013 18:53

kyps wrote:I propose to create a list of rusher to know who aren't fairplay..

Now explain it little bit further,would you?

I am just using what the game gives me,to someone arty camping is pro,to someone atgm-arty camping is pro,to someone only heavy tanks is pro,i just dont enjoy it.Should we also make a list of the most anoying arty campers in game and bann them somehow,ridicilus...
I like fast attacks or i camp and let me suprise what the enemie has to offer,thats my ranked tactic and i am sorry that it awake the rage monster in you.

As i told you in our "nice" convo" ingame to not take this seriously,its just a game,i am enjoying my 18 win streak,you are rageing,next time i maybe lose,you will be the winner,thats life ;)

varis
Brigadier

Postby varis » Sun 31 Mar 2013 19:48

Yes summary of the rush tactic used could be nice, too lazy to watch the replay if it's just one of the already known tricks.

kyps
Corporal

Postby kyps » Sun 31 Mar 2013 20:24

"Rush tactic" waaaaah and you have fun to play 2min 30 ? with 16 lynx 36 fuch 20 marder 1 / vtsi 1 cmd
Explain you.

You just want your point and you don't play fairplay don't search issues.
Impossible Is Nothing

Drrty-D
Major

Postby Drrty-D » Sun 31 Mar 2013 20:43

kyps wrote:"Rush tactic" waaaaah and you have fun to play 2min 30 ? with 16 lynx 36 fuch 20 marder 1 / vtsi 1 cmd
Explain you.

You just want your point and you don't play fairplay don't search issues.

If there were 16 lynx avail. that rush would be even better ;) .

Explain fairplay pls?Did anyonee ask for fairplay in War?This is war strategie game,not Hello Kitty Adventures.
Get over it and forget about it,if we meet each other in next days in 1vs1 ranked,kick my ass and everything is ok.

Nexon
Sergeant First-Class

Postby Nexon » Sun 31 Mar 2013 21:19

Watched the replay and I can't agree with you, IMO dirty-d won fairly.
Yes it was a rush and I guess you got angry because you lost in a matter of seconds, but look at this situation from another perspective, Dirty-D risked a lot with taking only 1 CV

also you made some mistakse. Yo should have reacted with your main forces. His main blob basically was taking out your units witch were standing still pretty much all the time, autocannons really arent so powerfull at distances, you should have backed up with your tanks! and mmg's on fuchs couldn't even fire on them so that part of the army was not a big problem

Also Mi-17 and TO-55 could have seen a use.

I don't really think this strategy is unbeatable, it's much easier to counter than heli rushes. However it's quite dissapointing to see it ingame, 'cause it's highly unrealistic and well.... yeah it is quite a easy win if you don't know how to fight with it. You may not like it, but it's the game's design fault and some people just learnt how utlise it. Now go analise the replay and think of a way to counter this kind of play.

kyps wrote:I propose to create a list of rusher to know who aren't fairplay..

this is actually a good idea, but only for heli rushes which are a much more primitive tactic
let's create a thread in which everyone can report sombody heli-rushing, posting a replay for evidence will be needed

ps. I think TO-55 is really one of the better solutions to this kind of rushes :)

TheFluff
Lieutenant

Postby TheFluff » Mon 1 Apr 2013 00:38

A single T-80U would have had a pretty good chance of defeating that rush on its own. If you had had the presence of mind to back up with it, that is. You left all of your expensive T-62's just sitting still until there were like ten Marder 1's on top of them, after all.

enohka
Second-Lieutenant

Postby enohka » Mon 1 Apr 2013 00:47

TheFluff wrote:A single T-80U would have had a pretty good chance of defeating that rush on its own.

erm.. no

Grosnours
Lieutenant Colonel

Postby Grosnours » Mon 1 Apr 2013 00:57

I haven't watched the replay yet but I must say it's always good to see a reminder of the fact that the destruction mode in ranked is as full of holes than a swiss cheese attacked by an enraged gatling gun.
And that it does most of the time require the strategical genius of a dead moose to win (apologies of course to all dead moose reading us).

But that's in no way a critic of Dirty-D, he's actually right to exploit the game mode if he wants to gain ELO (notwithstanding a good rush requires practice and some skill). The issue lies in the fact that exploits exist, not in the guys using them.

My only advice to the OP would be the same as the ones given before: watch the replay and learn from your mistakes. In meta where some tanks have the rate of fire of machine guns and APC paper armor, land rushes are much easier to stop.

Uncle_Joe
Second-Lieutenant

Postby Uncle_Joe » Mon 1 Apr 2013 01:24

Meh.

That's what happens when you try and take a reasonable, balanced, combined arms force against someone who is 'exploiting' the game system. The person playing the mechanics will usually trump the person trying to play at least somewhat 'realistically' and that's kind of a shame IMO.

I still for the life of me dont know why they allow 'empty APCs' and certain anywhere NEAR the number they allow....makes no sense to me unless it's to ENCOURAGE this type of gameplay.

But this game clearly demonstrates the weakness of the current meta - namely that you can't hold ground against a pile of otherwise weak units. When you dismounted the infantry in the woods and the Marders came down that road, that should have been a SLAUGHTER. Yes, you stopped them through a combination of the infantry, tanks, helicopters, etc, but your force was pretty much shattered there too. When the cheeseball AMX-90s then came along, your infantry in the woods had no chance and barely inflicted a casualty.

Nonsense like that is the clearest indicator that direct fire is RIDICULOUSLY more effective than it should be vs infantry in cover. It should take a lot of time/effort/casualties to clear a woodline of infantry with vehicles alone but it's such child's play in the game that it really makes infantry VERY weak at what should be their primary role....holding ground. And that, in turn is what allows these silly rushes to flourish.

It's results like these that keep me from having any interest in playing online against random opponents. Win or lose vs that type of strategy, I just don't it interesting, fun, or engaging at all. It might as well be a Starcraft Zerg rush at that point and IMO, that got old about 1998-1999. That doesn't mean it isn't effective though and as long as the game mechanics allow that nonsense to be effective, people will (justifiably) use it. I wouldnt blame your opponent...after all, he's trying to win the game too. But let's hope that Eugen learns from this type of game and actively works to reduce it's effectiveness in ALB.
"Don't you know that in the Service one must always choose the lesser of two weevils?"

Return to “Wargame : European Escalation”