Wargame: Total Realism

Drang
Major-General

Re: Wargame: Total Realism

Postby Drang » Fri 19 Apr 2013 15:34

ikalugin wrote:
Drang wrote:Decreasing autoloader tank morale (due to the increased chances of a catastrophic tank kill increasing the likelihood of crews bailing out).

Do the same with all unprotected ammunition storage, particularly in turret (with turret hits being more likely).

Absolutely.

urielventis
Sergeant Major

Postby urielventis » Fri 19 Apr 2013 15:48

We could give a new characteristic to vehicle: "probability of catastrophic ammo explosion"
Don't find more simple.
In fact I think that critical hit probability and type should differ for each vehicle, and also should depend of the amount of damage taken.

For the autoloader, it seem that in WEE, autoloader are intelligent being with a sense of self protection, so they can panic.
ImageImage

Drang
Major-General

Postby Drang » Sat 20 Apr 2013 21:25

urielventis wrote:We could give a new characteristic to vehicle: "probability of catastrophic ammo explosion"
Don't find more simple.
In fact I think that critical hit probability and type should differ for each vehicle, and also should depend of the amount of damage taken.

Because the fact a vehicle crew KNOWS their vehicle is likely to brew up upon penetration vastly increases the chances of their bailing out.

Killertomato
More than 10 000 messages. Soldier you are the leader of all armies!

Postby Killertomato » Sat 20 Apr 2013 23:11

Drang wrote: credit to Russian engineers, they produced a small tank with a gas turbine engine.

Gas turbines are usually smaller than diesels of a given horsepower... :?
orcbuster wrote:USSR gets prototype marsupials, why would you need moose when you got stuff with kickers like that AND transport capability? And I'm not even gonna START on the french Marsupilami, I don't even think thats a real animal! Why no trolls for Norway?

urielventis
Sergeant Major

Postby urielventis » Sun 21 Apr 2013 19:43

Drang wrote:Because the fact a vehicle crew KNOWS their vehicle is likely to brew up upon penetration vastly increases the chances of their bailing out.

Flames Of War anyone ?
"Protected ammo" characteristic on some tank, giving a re-roll to the dice when trying to remount a bail out vehicle.

Panzer II to IV, Tiger I, StuG, Cromwell, Churchill, Shermann with 76mm and 105mm gun,have it.
ImageImage

Return to “Wargame : European Escalation”