Do you think Wargame are much better than COH2?

Falcrack
Lieutenant

Re: Do you think Wargame are much better than COH2?

Postby Falcrack » Fri 19 Apr 2013 23:10

MadMantiz wrote:
solvens wrote:If I had to keep only one reason why I prefer Wargame :

The Iriszoom.
After Wargame, playing CoH again feels like having your face glued to the ground.

I totally agree with this. The ability to zoom, pan and move around the map quickly is so genius and convenient that it really makes you feel disabled in games where you have to rely on the minimap or map markers to move the camera over the battlefield quickly.

The only RTS games I ever play these days have the strategic zoom feature. It is pretty much the minimum requirement of mine for any RTS. Any RTS that does not have it, fails to keep my attention.

My list of RTS games I currently play:
Wargame
Ruse
Supreme Commander
Sins of a Solar Empire

Pheranheit
Corporal

Postby Pheranheit » Fri 19 Apr 2013 23:17

I love both equally. To be honest, I think I enjoy playing CoH more, but they offer very different things. i wouldn't agree that Wargame has better graphics, and CoH has amazingly intense looking/feeling combat, but it's hard to draw parallels between such different games. CoH is way more micro (with fair amount of macro) and Wargame is way more macro (with a fair amount of micro).

silverhaze
Sergeant Major of the Army

Postby silverhaze » Sat 20 Apr 2013 17:42

I played a lot to the previous Company of heroes sequels, made lots of maps for it, and i have to say the new beta of coh 2 disapointed me when i tryed it.

As i was affraid, zoom is still locked to close from the ground, you hardly directly see what shoots you (out of screen most of time).. Weather innovations are really interresting and looks pretty, but sometimes they can be a bit too much annoying.
imho, Coh 2 beta looks more like 'Company of Mortars', seriously its worst than in any beta of Blitzkrieg mod (my fav mod btw). I hope they will fix that, in fact they probably will be forced to nerf it because it really ruins the fun.

So, im not surprised to read often in Coh²'s Previews page comments, that "- walb looks better".
Actualy WALB fix a lot of WEE's graphical issues, without removing any of the good features of Wee
..while we cannot say the same thing for Coh-Coh2.

I think the loss of the art director of Relic team (Brian Wood sadly died in a car crash in 2010) really hurted the studio's work.. This guy was considered as Coh's real father, and everyone knows how the loss of a such talented man can be devastating in a creative team.

Also european war theater was really the angular stone for Coh succes (and i dont even think about cinema references, like for Saving Ryan or Band of brothers), so im not sure that russian snowy toundra will have the same succes than some famous bocage or normandy landscapes, or any landscape adaptation made by custom mappers in coh 1..

Graphic
More than 10 000 messages. Soldier you are the leader of all armies!

Postby Graphic » Sat 20 Apr 2013 18:29

I don't know what it is about CoH 2, but its not hitting me like the original did. The magic is gone.
k

DeuZerre
Location: Universe, Galaxy, Solar System, Earth, Ground, Eurasian Continent, Main Landmass.

Postby DeuZerre » Sat 20 Apr 2013 18:38

When I think about it: If you have the original game, install the "eastern Front" mod.

I found it waaay superior. The only reason that I was originally interested in CoH2 was because of this mod. Needless to say, it was far below my expectations.
Marshal honoris causa
FLX wrote:Removing the weaknesses from the divisions leads to all divisions being the same in the long run. We won't proceed like that.

DiabloTigerSix
Colonel

Postby DiabloTigerSix » Sat 20 Apr 2013 20:27

Falcrack wrote:The only RTS games I ever play these days have the strategic zoom feature. It is pretty much the minimum requirement of mine for any RTS. Any RTS that does not have it, fails to keep my attention.

My list of RTS games I currently play:
Wargame
Ruse
Supreme Commander
Sins of a Solar Empire

Sometimes I feel the same way. On the other hand, when I ocassionally play the old classics like Red Alert 2, Generals or Starcraft with friends, I'm still getting plenty of enjoyment out of them. But CoH has probably the most annoying camera ever put into an RTS ever. It's stuck only a few feet from the ground and that just annoys me greatly.

DeuZerre wrote:When I think about it: If you have the original game, install the "eastern Front" mod.

I found it waaay superior. The only reason that I was originally interested in CoH2 was because of this mod. Needless to say, it was far below my expectations.

Mods to an original game being superior to its sequel? Sounds exactly like the greatness of Battlefield 2 mods in contrast to the glorified crappiness of Battlefield 3. No wonder companies are getting rid of mod support. It can bite back as a verty unpredictable competition.

DeuZerre
Location: Universe, Galaxy, Solar System, Earth, Ground, Eurasian Continent, Main Landmass.

Postby DeuZerre » Sat 20 Apr 2013 20:59

DiabloTigerSix wrote:
DeuZerre wrote:When I think about it: If you have the original game, install the "eastern Front" mod.

Mods to an original game being superior to its sequel? Sounds exactly like the greatness of Battlefield 2 mods in contrast to the glorified crappiness of Battlefield 3. No wonder companies are getting rid of mod support. It can bite back as a verty unpredictable competition.

At least, BF3 had a feature: Destructible terrain.
I miss project reality though.
Marshal honoris causa
FLX wrote:Removing the weaknesses from the divisions leads to all divisions being the same in the long run. We won't proceed like that.

DiabloTigerSix
Colonel

Postby DiabloTigerSix » Sat 20 Apr 2013 21:37

DeuZerre wrote:At least, BF3 had a feature: Destructible terrain.

They nerfed it to oblivion because they couldn't figure out how to prevent people from getting under the terrain in the BETA. It's barely there.
DeuZerre wrote:I miss project reality though.

It's still alive and a new update is coming so why stop playing it?

silverhaze
Sergeant Major of the Army

Postby silverhaze » Sat 20 Apr 2013 22:13

BF2 itself is directly stamped from the most popular bf1942 mod, very first creation of Dice Studio (modders at this time), the Desert Combat mod (i really miss that mod).

For CoH², like Graphic said, i agree that magic is gone.. sadly

And about East3rn Front, yep its a good mod
Btw that kewl they included some of my maps in it /me proud!

D-M

Postby D-M » Sun 21 Apr 2013 14:48

DiabloTigerSix wrote:
DeuZerre wrote:At least, BF3 had a feature: Destructible terrain.

They nerfed it to oblivion because they couldn't figure out how to prevent people from getting under the terrain in the BETA. It's barely there.

Even during the Beta is was miles away from what we could do in BC2. :/

Return to “Wargame : European Escalation”