Fine-tuning helicopters (regarding NATO 2HE buff mostly)

User avatar
DiabloTigerSix
Colonel
Posts: 2581
Joined: Tue 14 Feb 2012 21:06
Contact:

Fine-tuning helicopters (regarding NATO 2HE buff mostly)

Postby DiabloTigerSix » Fri 19 Apr 2013 11:16

Attack and transport helicopter suggestions

UH-1C HOG, UH-1C HEAVY HOG (FFAR 70mm)
rate of fire
current figure: 98 rpm
proposed new figure: 75 rpm

UH-1M GUNSHIP, LYNX AH.7, AH-1S COBRA (FFAR 70mm)
accuracy
current figure: 3
proposed new figure: 5

UH-1M GUNSHIP (price)
current figure: $35
proposed new figure: $30

LYNX AH.7 (price)
current figure: $35
proposed new figure: $30

AH-1S COBRA, AH-1E COBRA, AH-1F COBRA, AH-64 APACHE (Hydra 70mm)
rate of fire
current figure: 83 rpm
proposed new figure: 60 rpm

AH-1F COBRA, AH-64 APACHE (Hydra 70mm)
accuracy
current figure: 4
proposed new figure: 5

AH-1S COBRA (price)
current figure: $50
proposed new figure: $45

MI-24A, MI-24D, MI-8TV (S-5 57mm)
rate of fire
current figure: 73 rpm
proposed new figure: 100 rpm
accuracy
current figure: 2
proposed new figure: 3

MI-8TV (price)
current figure: $30
proposed new figure: $35

MI-8TVK (price)
current figure: $35
proposed new figure: $30

MI-24V, MI-24VP (S-5 57mm)
rate of fire
current figure: 73 rpm
proposed new figure: 80 rpm
accuracy
current figure: 2
proposed new figure: 7
range
current figure: 2450 m
proposed new figure: 2625 m

MI-28 (S-13 122mm)
accuracy
current figure: 4
proposed new figure: 6
range
current figure: 2450 m
proposed new figure: 2625 m

MI-2 URP-G GNIEWOSZ (Strela-2)
upgrade to Strela-3


ATGM helicopter suggestions

GAZELLE 342M HOT, Bo 105P/PAH-1 (price)
current figure: $45
proposed new figure: $40

LYNX AH.7 TOW2 (price)
current figure: $75
proposed new figure: $80


Recon helicopter suggestions

GAZELLE AH.1 SNEB, OH-58D KIOWA (FFAR 70mm)
accuracy
current figure: 3
proposed new figure: 5

OH-58C KIOWA (price)
current figure: $75
proposed new figure: $60

OH-58D KIOWA (M2 Browning)
rate of fire
current figure: 500 rpm
proposed new figure: 1200 rpm

BO-105CB (price)
current figure: $55
proposed new figure: $45

MI-2URN (S-5 57mm)
rate of fire
current figure: 73 rpm
proposed new figure: 100 rpm
accuracy
current figure: 2
proposed new figure: 3

Mi-2URN (price)
current figure: $65
proposed new figure: $70
Last edited by DiabloTigerSix on Sat 20 Apr 2013 11:38, edited 7 times in total.

User avatar
DeuZerre
More than 10 000 messages. Soldier you are the leader of all armies!
Posts: 11125
Joined: Mon 27 Feb 2012 23:17
Location: Universe, Galaxy, Solar System, Earth, Ground, Eurasian Continent, Main Landmass.
Contact:

Re: Fine-tunning helicopters (regarding NATO 2HE buff mostly

Postby DeuZerre » Fri 19 Apr 2013 11:18

Ultimate patch.

Nuff said.
Image
Marshal honoris causa
FLX wrote:Removing the weaknesses from the divisions leads to all divisions being the same in the long run. We won't proceed like that.

User avatar
DiabloTigerSix
Colonel
Posts: 2581
Joined: Tue 14 Feb 2012 21:06
Contact:

Re: Fine-tunning helicopters (regarding NATO 2HE buff mostly

Postby DiabloTigerSix » Fri 19 Apr 2013 11:22

DeuZerre wrote:Ultimate patch.

Nuff said.

Image

User avatar
DeuZerre
More than 10 000 messages. Soldier you are the leader of all armies!
Posts: 11125
Joined: Mon 27 Feb 2012 23:17
Location: Universe, Galaxy, Solar System, Earth, Ground, Eurasian Continent, Main Landmass.
Contact:

Re: Fine-tunning helicopters (regarding NATO 2HE buff mostly

Postby DeuZerre » Fri 19 Apr 2013 11:28

DiabloTigerSix wrote:UH-1C HOG, UH-1C HEAVY HOG (FFAR 70mm)
rate of fire
current figure: 98 rpm
proposed new figure: 75 rpm

Would actually make them more efficient: Less wasted rockets -> more lasting power. My main way of countering them involves them wasting rockets on targets they don't really hurt.

Lynx AH.7 (price)
current figure: $35
proposed new figure: $30

No need. It's a transport that can stun on its way to drop, but nothing else.

AH-1S COBRA (price)
current figure: $50
proposed new figure: $45

Why do you think its price went up? Fast, versatile.. I still use it because of these features.

Mi-24A, Mi-24D, Mi-8TV (S-5 57mm)
rate of fire
current figure: 73 rpm
proposed new figure: 100 rpm
accuracy
current figure: 2
proposed new figure: 3

Why not... Just not for A version.

Mi-8TV (price)
current figure: $30
proposed new figure: $35

No. It's OK for the price.
Image
Marshal honoris causa
FLX wrote:Removing the weaknesses from the divisions leads to all divisions being the same in the long run. We won't proceed like that.

User avatar
DiabloTigerSix
Colonel
Posts: 2581
Joined: Tue 14 Feb 2012 21:06
Contact:

Re: Fine-tunning helicopters (regarding NATO 2HE buff mostly

Postby DiabloTigerSix » Fri 19 Apr 2013 12:07

DeuZerre wrote:
DiabloTigerSix wrote:UH-1C HOG, UH-1C HEAVY HOG (FFAR 70mm)
rate of fire
current figure: 98 rpm
proposed new figure: 75 rpm

Would actually make them more efficient: Less wasted rockets -> more lasting power. My main way of countering them involves them wasting rockets on targets they don't really hurt.

I disagree.
1. Most Hogs don't survive long enough to run dry.
2. Not every opponent you'll encounter will be silly enough to focus on hordes of T-72's. After all, it's his decision, not yours.
3. If all goes according to your plan, the longer these decoys last, the less damage they take the better.
4. You're thinking within the box of HOG SPAM ONLY. The PACT equivalents do less damage, therefore they should have higher rof, end of story. 2 acc + 2 HE + 75 rpm vs 3 acc + 1 HE + 100 rpm. I'm not saying they'd perform the same, but at least both would have their strengths.
DeuZerre wrote:
Lynx AH.7 (price)
current figure: $35
proposed new figure: $30

No need. It's a transport that can stun on its way to drop, but nothing else.

What makes this 5HP transport worth $5 more than the Mi-8TV? It comes with a lot fewer missiles, less useful infantry and the slot doesn't have anywhere near as much versatility as the Mi-8/17 tree.
DeuZerre wrote:
AH-1S COBRA (price)
current figure: $50
proposed new figure: $45

Why do you think its price went up? Fast, versatile.. I still use it because of these features.

I haven't many since the ultimate patch. People tend to choose 2 HOGs or go for the Cobra E variant instead. I don't think it's as good as the Mi-24A either.
DeuZerre wrote:
Mi-24A, Mi-24D, Mi-8TV (S-5 57mm)
rate of fire
current figure: 73 rpm
proposed new figure: 100 rpm
accuracy
current figure: 2
proposed new figure: 3

Why not... Just not for A version.

Why not?
DeuZerre wrote:
Mi-8TV (price)
current figure: $30
proposed new figure: $35

No. It's OK for the price.

I already answered this above. + It wouldn't be fine at that price with the rof/accuracy buffs proposed in the OP.
Last edited by DiabloTigerSix on Fri 19 Apr 2013 12:17, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
DeuZerre
More than 10 000 messages. Soldier you are the leader of all armies!
Posts: 11125
Joined: Mon 27 Feb 2012 23:17
Location: Universe, Galaxy, Solar System, Earth, Ground, Eurasian Continent, Main Landmass.
Contact:

Re: Fine-tunning helicopters (regarding NATO 2HE buff mostly

Postby DeuZerre » Fri 19 Apr 2013 12:17

Why not isn't an argument;
Image
Marshal honoris causa
FLX wrote:Removing the weaknesses from the divisions leads to all divisions being the same in the long run. We won't proceed like that.

User avatar
DiabloTigerSix
Colonel
Posts: 2581
Joined: Tue 14 Feb 2012 21:06
Contact:

Re: Fine-tunning helicopters (regarding NATO 2HE buff mostly

Postby DiabloTigerSix » Fri 19 Apr 2013 12:19

DeuZerre wrote:Why not isn't an argument;

Okay. HOGs currently fire 2 HE rockets at that rate. What could possibly go wrong with 1 HE rockets with the rof of HOGs?

User avatar
FirmusPiett
Lieutenant
Posts: 1110
Joined: Sun 5 Aug 2012 15:03
Location: A galaxy far, far away...
Contact:

Re: Fine-tuning helicopters (regarding NATO 2HE buff mostly)

Postby FirmusPiett » Fri 19 Apr 2013 18:50

As if the MI-8TV isn't OP enough as it is :roll:
Image

dzimmu
Second-Lieutenant
Posts: 827
Joined: Sat 15 Sep 2012 13:00
Contact:

Re: Fine-tuning helicopters (regarding NATO 2HE buff mostly)

Postby dzimmu » Fri 19 Apr 2013 21:01

Ultimate patch.

Nuff said.

The patch which changes which were not tested due to lack of the development team time (In the words of developers).
If there was not enough time for it to weed out the errors then it is logical to assume that their correction is not possible because of lack of time.
Really "Nuff said". :D
panzersaurkrautwefer wrote:Nor has there been a decent explanation why US debt is relevant to the fact the panzersaurkrautwefer are unable to focus on his own problems. Mental exercise: total Russia collapse. Like literally. Customs union falls into a black hole..

User avatar
DeuZerre
More than 10 000 messages. Soldier you are the leader of all armies!
Posts: 11125
Joined: Mon 27 Feb 2012 23:17
Location: Universe, Galaxy, Solar System, Earth, Ground, Eurasian Continent, Main Landmass.
Contact:

Re: Fine-tuning helicopters (regarding NATO 2HE buff mostly)

Postby DeuZerre » Sat 20 Apr 2013 09:06

dzimmu wrote:
Ultimate patch.

Nuff said.

The patch which changes which were not tested due to lack of the development team time (In the words of developers).

I'm getting tired of your word twisting and constant harassment...
Image
Marshal honoris causa
FLX wrote:Removing the weaknesses from the divisions leads to all divisions being the same in the long run. We won't proceed like that.

Return to “Wargame : European Escalation”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 10 guests