Patch incoming

NoneSuch
Sergeant Major of the Army

Re: Patch incoming

Postby NoneSuch » Thu 8 Mar 2012 08:55

Conman50 wrote:I was expecting something that would prevent the Logistics trucks and FOBs being used like FOrce fields.

I think its really stupid when a tank HE shot kills all but 1 squad member in a INF squad and the others just instantly come out of the ground when my tank is reloading.

Also really stupid when you cant kill a tank when it has an army of supply trucks around it.

Buy supply trucks for your guys?

playtime
Master Sergeant

Postby playtime » Thu 8 Mar 2012 09:13

They're called replacements.

'When the first man dies, you pick up the rifle' :mrgreen:

Leon026
Command Sergeant Major

Postby Leon026 » Thu 8 Mar 2012 09:37

[EUG]MadMat wrote:
Leon026 wrote:WTT in-game 2e REP for 13e RDP. Never understood why the 2e REP in this game is forward reconaissance, considering they're shock troops.

Not if you consider them as being the 2e REP's SRR (Section de Reconnaissance Régimentaire) or commando-parachutistes section.
We considered including the 13e RDP, but they would have been too similar to the W-German Fernspäher: extremely stealthy, highly skilled recon troop but deprived of AT weapons. The forward elements/scouts from 2e REP fitted better to our liking.

That's a bit particular though, wouldn't you agree? The 1e RCP and the 16e BCA/93e RAM for example also have their own GCP and GCM that do forward reconaissance, as well the brigade level Escadron d'Eclairage et d'Investigation (though this is their current form, they had another name before the 1990s that I can't remember off the top of my head).

Could always just give the 13e RDP a trusty P4 or the old US jeep ;)

Any chance the bizarre Legionnaire model with the white kepi could be replaced with either a helmet or beret? I never understood this either.

zh00c3q
Sergeant First-Class

Postby zh00c3q » Thu 8 Mar 2012 12:10

D-M wrote:I absolutely don't agree with you, in term of infantry combat, the warpact is more powerful than Nato simply due to the fact that many of their unit have 2HE rifles.

Ok, but right now this advantage has been removed due to nerfs. I would happily switch to "line" infantry from "schock" infantry in warsaw pact side, but NATO got huge advantage here. Chasseurs FAMAS, fusiliers and jagers are quite cheap, quite good (for HE power 1) and comes at cheap, fast >90km/h, armed apcs. Piechota zmechanizowana and motostrelci are worse stat-wise and they come in squads of five, so you have to buy twice as much of them, and twice of mostly useless apcs for them. That also mean, you can compare 40 units you can deploy to 20 of famas infantry which is supposed to be
[EUG]MadMat wrote:less numerous ones armed with brand new weapons
Motorisierte Schutzen - arent they "schock" squad since they got HE2? and they come in bmp1, which is not fast. Motostrelki - worse stat-wise comparing to line NATO infantry and their fast aps is expensive. Vysadkari and spadochroniarze - you can still use them at the beggining of the battle, but youll quicly run out of reinforcements. VDV comes only at helicopters.

diana olympos
Lieutenant Colonel

Postby diana olympos » Thu 8 Mar 2012 14:21

@Leon they know the white kepi is not the good one, but they think that let them have a cooler model and as far as i know it change nothing to how you are spot....

Drrty-D
Major

Postby Drrty-D » Thu 8 Mar 2012 14:33

Nice update,game runs smooooth,but still no beacon..or bacon :-)...

Gal Marcel Bigeard
Corporal

Postby Gal Marcel Bigeard » Thu 8 Mar 2012 14:42

Dear all,

Unfortunately, we have a compatibility problem with older saves.
We will deliver tonight a new patch to make them obsolete.

Sorry for the trouble.

TimeKilla
Staff Sergeant

Postby TimeKilla » Thu 8 Mar 2012 14:51

To make old saves obsolete or to make the problem obsolete.

47andrej
Lieutenant

Postby 47andrej » Thu 8 Mar 2012 15:46

Fourth patch in a row a Warsaw Pact nerf. Wonderfull :x

Arnie
Sergeant Major

Postby Arnie » Thu 8 Mar 2012 15:50

Wow, if your point of view is that limited, good luck in life :shock:

Return to “Wargame : European Escalation”