Patch incoming

wyatt022298
Sergeant First-Class

Re: Patch incoming

Postby wyatt022298 » Wed 7 Mar 2012 22:42

Bodybag2224 wrote:And with a new patch comes a new crash error.

Seriously Eugen, I don't know what the your QA consists of but come on.....

As far as the problem I`m having, its not new, the game refuses to run on nvidia`s 295.73 drivers, this is old and should`ve been fixed in the first patch.

Pixelchaser
Sergeant First-Class

Postby Pixelchaser » Wed 7 Mar 2012 22:51

seems to me there are more high end effects settings available now too. can anyone else confirm this ?

setting all to max was ok before. Now im suffering frame rate problems. And as i say im sure im setting some higher than was possible before, just cant remeber. not a complaint as per say unless im wrong in my assumption.
Last edited by Pixelchaser on Wed 7 Mar 2012 22:52, edited 1 time in total.

burn4me
Sergeant First-Class

Postby burn4me » Wed 7 Mar 2012 22:52

I think Flame units have been changed. My Sapers/Flame tanks didn't instant rout anything(took sustained bursts) and my Flame infantry were unable to fire indirectly in the forests.

salan
Master Sergeant

Postby salan » Wed 7 Mar 2012 23:06

I also noticed a lot slower reload time on my BUK / Burantino.. will have to test a bit more

salan
Master Sergeant

Postby salan » Wed 7 Mar 2012 23:08

As for settings, i noticed everything looked like POO, so i checked and it was all changed into catagories of MID HIGH INSANE..

everything was set to MID, so now its back to INSANE levels where i'm happy :)

Bodybag2224
Sergeant Major of the Army

Postby Bodybag2224 » Wed 7 Mar 2012 23:09

wyatt022298 wrote:

As far as the problem I`m having, its not new, the game refuses to run on nvidia`s 295.73 drivers, this is old and should`ve been fixed in the first patch.

the minidump reports are different, granted idk what the they are trying to say as it is all parentheses and 0's.

But I did not have this problem before the 1st beta patch....
Last edited by OpusTheFowl on Mon 23 Apr 2012 16:15, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Language

[EUG]MadMat
More than 10 000 messages. Soldier you are the leader of all armies!

Postby [EUG]MadMat » Wed 7 Mar 2012 23:12

Uniform764 wrote:Little bit disappointed they reduced the availability of Famas infantry, without giving us a decent reason to take the alternatives like Jagers or Fusiliers.

Most nations have two types of Rifle squads: "line" troops & "shock" troops. The latter being usually airborne rifles (British Paratroopers, Soviet VDV, Polish Spado..., Czechoslovakian Vysadk...) but for the Legion in the case of France. Shocktroopers always come with less availability than the mere riflemen.

In the case of the Polish Spado... (meaning "Paratroopers"), this limitation had been forgotten earlier, hence the fixing. And their previous price was obviously a mistake.
While many nations built large airborne forces, at division or corps-strenght, Czechoslovakia focused on a small, very highly trained, force of regimental size. So the Vysadkar... didn't get a price increase, but there are few of them.

Now, the FAMAS infantry. As you've all seen, the more modern a vehicle variant, the less availability it gets. That's why you can only field a handful of M1A1 Abrams or T-80U.
The same now goes for the FAMAS: French infantry regiment only started getting their new equipment (FAMAS and LRAC) in the early 80's, replacing the aging MAS 49/56, MAT 49 from the 50's. So, at the same time in the French army, you had regiments armed with FAMAS while others were still retaining the old MAS/MAT while waiting for the new weapons to be distributed.
Therefore, for the same price, you've got cheap and numerous ill-equiped French infantry, or less numerous ones armed with brand new weapons. And it goes for every kind of French FAMAS infantry: Chasseurs, Légion & 2e REP.

wyatt022298
Sergeant First-Class

Postby wyatt022298 » Wed 7 Mar 2012 23:15

Bodybag2224 wrote:
wyatt022298 wrote:

the minidump reports are different, granted idk what the they are trying to say as it is all parentheses and 0's.

But I did not have this problem before the 1st beta patch....

wasn`t a beta problem, it was pretty much the first release version

Panzerspahwagen85
Chief Warrant Officer

Postby Panzerspahwagen85 » Wed 7 Mar 2012 23:25

Tigga wrote:Improvement : Large performance increase on nvidia graphics cards (up to +60% FPS) when you used Autodetect settings. As a rule, avoid manually setting the Instancing Mode to Hardware Instancing on nvidia cards.

Haha, autodetect proved to be quite useless in my case. It wanted me to set everything at low or off, yet the game plays perfectly fine at high settings.

Leon026
Command Sergeant Major

Postby Leon026 » Wed 7 Mar 2012 23:26

WTT in-game 2e REP for 13e RDP. Never understood why the 2e REP in this game is forward reconaissance, considering they're shock troops.

Return to “Wargame : European Escalation”