New player needs serious help...

Tassyr
Private

New player needs serious help...

Postby Tassyr » Sat 12 Oct 2013 21:15

So I just got this game. Considering I love RTS/Sim games I figured I'd love this one.
I also figured I could use the tutorial/campaign missions to train myself up a bit.

Ye gods was I wrong. I keep getting my butt handed to me- by both the AI and the one person I played against. I can't even get past the second mission in the campaign mode.

In campaign, I always seem to end up surrounded with exactly the wrong kinds of units.

In multiplayer, I always seem to end up getting plinked to death (even using recon vehicles) before I can get into range.

Help? x.x Is there a guide somewhere?

DeuZerre
More than 10 000 messages. Soldier you are the leader of all armies!
Location: Universe, Galaxy, Solar System, Earth, Ground, Eurasian Continent, Main Landmass.

Re: New player needs serious help...

Postby DeuZerre » Sat 12 Oct 2013 21:51

Hello and welcome.

Well, been a long time since I actually played the game. Just a few things:

In the campaign, you need to take it real slow.
- Units in buildings and forests are very hard to see. Bushes are very good cover too.
- If you lose a unit in mission one, it won't be available for mission 2 (losses are permanent) so if you feel you lsot a bit too many troops, restart the mission since it could jeopardise the rest of the campaign.
- Unlock units in the armoury with the stars you gained in the campaign, this will "refurbish" your decks a bit.
- Don't be afraid to fall back once in a while.

- In MP... use recon helicopters and artillery. Recon infantry is a good thing too.
Marshal honoris causa
FLX wrote:Removing the weaknesses from the divisions leads to all divisions being the same in the long run. We won't proceed like that.

Tassyr
Private

Postby Tassyr » Sat 12 Oct 2013 21:59

At least in the mission I'm in, the second one, the whole 'take it slow' thing isn't really an option, from what I've seen. You have to rescue those british troops fast, or they just get devastated... meaning I end up surrounded and outgunned in seconds o.o Also my units seem to just -disintegrate- the second the enemy looks at them. Seriously, those APC's take one round from anything and they're gone...

nWODT_Niack
Captain

Postby nWODT_Niack » Sat 12 Oct 2013 23:01

Tassyr wrote:At least in the mission I'm in, the second one, the whole 'take it slow' thing isn't really an option, from what I've seen. You have to rescue those british troops fast, or they just get devastated... meaning I end up surrounded and outgunned in seconds o.o Also my units seem to just -disintegrate- the second the enemy looks at them. Seriously, those APC's take one round from anything and they're gone...

APCs aren't supposed to take heavier fire that small arms. Try to oppose tanks to incoming fire, see how they fare. Also, use recon. You can't shoot what you can't see.
Croche et Tient

Dimonay
Lieutenant

Postby Dimonay » Sat 12 Oct 2013 23:25

Tassyr wrote:Seriously, those APC's take one round from anything and they're gone...

you should have seen multiplayer before when they could take two shots. VAB rush everyday

Kraxis
Major-General

Postby Kraxis » Mon 14 Oct 2013 14:24

Go to the walkthrough/guide section and find Hob_Gadling's thread. He has made a complete youtube walkthrough of every campaign battle.

I thought I had it down pretty good until I stumbled upon his guide. Suddenly I bagged those last stars with ease, well save the Evacuation ones.

http://www.wargame-ee.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=79&t=10149
[EUG]MadMat wrote:MadMat says so many things ... :twisted: