Command Stars Make it Difficult to Introduce New Players

mehoo462
Corporal

Command Stars Make it Difficult to Introduce New Players

Postby mehoo462 » Mon 21 Oct 2013 19:14

Hi,

I've been playing EE for a while now. I just convinced a bunch of friends to pick up the game on the Humble Bundle recently. I'm trying to teach them the game, but the Command Star system is making it a serious problem.

They don't have access to any decent units, so I can't help them make any decent decks and get them into some GGs right away to show them how awesome this game is. I'm not sure what to do. I was hoping to get them to log in and show them the ropes, but without a decent unit list this isn't possible.

If I say "sorry guys, even though I can show you how everything works, you need to play the tutorial and some of the boring single player campaign before we can play fun games together," they will just go :roll: and never buy another game I recommend.

Is there any trick or secret to unlock all the units or get a bunch of command stars really quickly? Please help.

wargamer1985
Brigadier

Re: Command Stars Make it Difficult to Introduce New Players

Postby wargamer1985 » Mon 21 Oct 2013 19:22

Play the campaign, make sure to do extra objectives, this will give you enough stars to make a good deck
or if you can't wait get its sequel Wargame: Airland battle (lots of new stuff aswell)
anyway I actually liked the star system, just finish the campaign and you will have plenty of stars
APPLY TO THE GLORIOUS CULT OF THE WARHAWK! LIBERATING NAZIS SINCE 1939!

orcbuster
More than 10 000 messages. Soldier you are the leader of all armies!

Postby orcbuster » Sat 23 Nov 2013 01:57

command stars were pointless. Glad ALB got rid of them, I still think they should be removed from EE due to low playerbase making it extremely frustrating to newcomers.
Viker for ingen!

Shifu
Lieutenant General

Postby Shifu » Sat 23 Nov 2013 02:14

mehoo462 wrote:Is there any trick or secret to unlock all the units or get a bunch of command stars really quickly? Please help.
Share your profile (the two files mentioned below) with them (they have to replace theirs; advise them to backup their file before doing so) and they have the same campaign progress, Command Stars and decks as you.
Warning: Don't forget to untick "Save login" and to exit the game before sending them the file - else they have your loginID and your password.

File profile.wargame and localpart_profile.wargame are to be found in: C:\users\<your_username>\Saved Games\EugenSystems\WarGame

Edit: Just saw the posting date - any reason you bring this up, orcbuster? :?

chykka
Brigadier

Postby chykka » Thu 16 Jan 2014 06:48

orcbuster wrote:command stars were pointless. Glad ALB got rid of them, I still think they should be removed from EE due to low playerbase making it extremely frustrating to newcomers.

To be honest I liked them. And was disappointing when I saw them In ALB's beta but not in the final game. Playing with only 3/4's a deck in EE was pretty tough though, I have to agree lol. Learned fast though haha ;)

Return to “Wargame : European Escalation”