The Problem with the Game - The Victory Conditions

DeuZerre
More than 10 000 messages. Soldier you are the leader of all armies!
Location: Universe, Galaxy, Solar System, Earth, Ground, Eurasian Continent, Main Landmass.

Re: The Problem with the Game - The Victory Conditions

Postby DeuZerre » Sat 14 Apr 2012 17:36

We didn't change the subject. It is developing and comm sniping is a victory condition.

If you think the victory conditions are pathetic, I don't know what the hell you are doing around here, your opinions are made, you shared them, and apart from attempting to make everyone join your idea that they are pathetic while they are enjoying the game you dismiss, you taking part in this conversation was pretty useless.
Marshal honoris causa
FLX wrote:Removing the weaknesses from the divisions leads to all divisions being the same in the long run. We won't proceed like that.

johnsushant
Sergeant Major

Postby johnsushant » Sat 14 Apr 2012 17:52

DeuZerre wrote:We didn't change the subject. It is developing and comm sniping is a victory condition.

If you think the victory conditions are pathetic, I don't know what the hell you are doing around here, your opinions are made, you shared them, and apart from attempting to make everyone join your idea that they are pathetic while they are enjoying the game you dismiss, you taking part in this conversation was pretty useless.

I made it pretty clear that I support the comm snipe victory condition. I don't like the points victory condition and so I don't play it. The developers were kind enough to give us the Time victory condition. All i want is the adding of that in ranked matches.
I by no way want the existing conditions removed as a game should be accommodating.
I by no way dismiss the game. Loved them since RUSE. Bought all the DLCs for it and now this. Love this game a lot too.
One more thing, you have no right to dismiss anyone's opinion if it doesn't match with yours. Kindly be lesser rude the next time you make your way to the forums.

DeuZerre
More than 10 000 messages. Soldier you are the leader of all armies!
Location: Universe, Galaxy, Solar System, Earth, Ground, Eurasian Continent, Main Landmass.

Postby DeuZerre » Sat 14 Apr 2012 18:11

Don't call them pathetic if you are moderate enough to want new ones. That goes against your point.
Marshal honoris causa
FLX wrote:Removing the weaknesses from the divisions leads to all divisions being the same in the long run. We won't proceed like that.

marechal_darsh
Sergeant Major

Postby marechal_darsh » Sat 14 Apr 2012 19:55

Back to the topic,

The problem isn't to how counter a spam with another spam but to change the victory condition to transform a RDW (Roll dice Wargame) into a RTW (Real Tactical Wargame).

For me the principal flaws about the victory condition are:

- Kill the CV to autowin and the fact that the CV is very expensive and weak means that the spam rushes will be always an interesting tactic.

- Holding a zone give point at a low rate means that the first important engagement is decisive and the ground control is optionnal

- Kill a unit give you the same points than its cost means that the expensive units will be more penalized than the cheapest ones and reinforce the interest of the spam rushes.

- Only kills give you victory points means that defending is more interesting and safe than attacking because less points in defence counter more points in attack. Coupled with the optionnal ground control it makes camping an interesting tactic.

Finally why is the goal of a modern battle? Killing the ennemy like in WEE or control a strategical position?
"Impossible n'est pas français"

Napoléon Bonaparte

buczer
Warrant Officer

Postby buczer » Sun 15 Apr 2012 11:56

marechal_darsh wrote:
Finally why is the goal of a modern battle? Killing the ennemy like in WEE or control a strategical position?

The main goal is, and ALWAYS was, making enemy no longer capable of fighting you. If you will do it by capturing ground or bleeding his forces to death, it all depends of many factors.

Return to “Wargame : European Escalation”