the unit discussion thread

ikalugin
More than 10 000 messages. Soldier you are the leader of all armies!

Re: the unit discussion thread

Postby ikalugin » Mon 16 Jan 2012 12:44

such is unknown at this point.

i do hope that there will be amphib units or bridging units, as well as ability to create fighting positions and obstacles.
Spoiler : :
We need more missilez code for the missilez god.
Praslovan:
"Tactical Ikalugin inbound on this position in 10... 9..."

tomg_96
Corporal

Postby tomg_96 » Tue 17 Jan 2012 18:03

ikalugin wrote:such is unknown at this point.

i do hope that there will be amphib units or bridging units, as well as ability to create fighting positions and obstacles.

Yes, same I like the idea of units being able to dig in to positions, boosting defensive stats, whilst in that cover

Azaz3l
Brigadier

Postby Azaz3l » Wed 25 Jan 2012 20:38

From what I see in the database, Eugen has changed some Optics/Stabilizer values. Soviet tanks have now somewhat equal optics/stabilizers to the NATO ones.

FFR.Tarask
Captain

Postby FFR.Tarask » Wed 25 Jan 2012 20:55

Azaz3l wrote:From what I see in the database, Eugen has changed some Optics/Stabilizer values. Soviet tanks have now somewhat equal optics/stabilizers to the NATO ones.

I've just quick check, there is only one tank for Warsaw with 'Good' Stabilizer while NATO get Very good and Exceptionnal ratings.

Tigga
Lieutenant Colonel

Postby Tigga » Wed 25 Jan 2012 20:57

Azaz3l wrote:From what I see in the database, Eugen has changed some Optics/Stabilizer values. Soviet tanks have now somewhat equal optics/stabilizers to the NATO ones.

I must admit I can't see anything myself. Everything is pretty much how I remember it on the Pact tanks I used the most.

Azaz3l
Brigadier

Postby Azaz3l » Wed 25 Jan 2012 20:59

Tigga wrote:

I must admit I can't see anything myself. Everything is pretty much how I remember it on the Pact tanks I used the most.

I think they tweaked some NATO units, I remember that Leopard 2A4 had "very good" optics or something.

FFR.Tarask wrote:

I've just quick check, there is only one tank for Warsaw with 'Good' Stabilizer while NATO get Very good and Exceptionnal ratings.

The only NATO MBT I see with "Very Good" stabilizer is Challenger 1.

McMeevin
Corporal

Postby McMeevin » Thu 26 Jan 2012 03:54

Any chance we will be seeing any if not all, of the BTR-D variants?

FFR.Tarask
Captain

Postby FFR.Tarask » Thu 26 Jan 2012 10:14

FFR.Tarask wrote:

The only NATO MBT I see with "Very Good" stabilizer is Challenger 1.[/quote]

Only one tank with "Good" stabilizer for Warsaw, many more on the NATO side with one "Very Good" and one "Exceptional". Still better.

ikalugin
More than 10 000 messages. Soldier you are the leader of all armies!

Postby ikalugin » Thu 26 Jan 2012 14:01

FFR.Tarask wrote:
FFR.Tarask wrote:

The only NATO MBT I see with "Very Good" stabilizer is Challenger 1.

Only one tank with "Good" stabilizer for Warsaw, many more on the NATO side with one "Very Good" and one "Exceptional". Still better.[/quote]
you have atleast 3 such tanks i think - T80U T80BV T64BV.
Spoiler : :
We need more missilez code for the missilez god.
Praslovan:
"Tactical Ikalugin inbound on this position in 10... 9..."

Tigga
Lieutenant Colonel

Postby Tigga » Thu 26 Jan 2012 15:12

To be honest though, Pact tanks often want to be still when fighting anyway due to the ATGMs mounted upon most of the models. For the ATGM to fire you need to sit still for ~10-15s (depends on vet) then sit still until it hits it's target (~2-3s). Without ATGMs NATO tanks are much more suited to run-and-gun, especially seeing as they need to be on the move to break the LoS/range of the Pact ATGMs!

Return to “Wargame : European Escalation”