The Big Chart (Wargame Hidden rules)

naizarak
Captain

Re: The Big Chart (Wargame Hidden rules)

Postby naizarak » Fri 4 Jan 2013 14:29

google docs will also open xls files

FLX
Lieutenant General

Postby FLX » Sat 5 Jan 2013 18:21

TanksALot wrote:I see the veterancy effects on accuracy are shown per unit. Is there any more info on how accuracy improves stuff- like what the improvements on routing when shot at and aiming times etc?
Veterancy increase moral recovery, accuracy, critical hit probability and the possible amount of damage dealt by the critical hit. That's all it does.

No direct aiming time bonus, moral decrease aiming time so veterancy indirectly buff it.
How moral works is hard to describe precisely. Near miss deal moral damage (more than hits which is stupid) moral reduce accuracy and aiming time.
Be nice or I nerf your favorite unit !

Skyenet
First Sergeant

Postby Skyenet » Mon 14 Jan 2013 16:56

This may be answered somewhere in this thread, but I'm tired and don't feel like digging through 14 pages.

Have you worked out if there are rules to how stabilizers work, or if they are arbitrary?
I tried working out some sort of correlation between accuracy, stabilizer level and chance to hit while moving from the data in the spreadsheet, but couldn't find one, though I didn't put a ton of effort into it.

TheFluff
Lieutenant

Postby TheFluff » Mon 14 Jan 2013 18:33

Skyenet wrote:I tried working out some sort of correlation between accuracy, stabilizer level and chance to hit while moving

There is no such correlation. While standing still, the accuracy is determined by the accuracy stat only. When moving, the accuracy is determined by the stabilizer stat only; the accuracy stat doesn't matter. Note though that while there are five words that describe stabilization (none, bad, normal, good, exceptional) there are more than five accuracy levels for moving vehicles, so two tanks with the same stabilizer stat need not necessary have the exact same accuracy on the move.
Last edited by TheFluff on Tue 15 Jan 2013 00:59, edited 1 time in total.

noDestiny
Chief Warrant Officer

Postby noDestiny » Mon 14 Jan 2013 22:42

TheFluff wrote:
Skyenet wrote:I tried working out some sort of correlation between accuracy, stabilizer level and chance to hit while moving

There is no such correlation. While standing still, the accuracy is determined by the accuracy stat only. When moving, the accuracy is determined by the stabilizer stat only; the accuracy stat doesn't matter. Note though that while there are six words that describe stabilization (none, poor, normal, good, very good, exceptional) there are more than six accuracy levels for moving vehicles, so two tanks with the same stabilizer stat need not necessary have the exact same accuracy on the move.

That means units with none stabilizer have a accuracy lower than... maybe 3-4??

TheFluff
Lieutenant

Postby TheFluff » Tue 15 Jan 2013 00:16

noDestiny wrote:
TheFluff wrote:

There is no such correlation. While standing still, the accuracy is determined by the accuracy stat only. When moving, the accuracy is determined by the stabilizer stat only; the accuracy stat doesn't matter. Note though that while there are six words that describe stabilization (none, poor, normal, good, very good, exceptional) there are more than six accuracy levels for moving vehicles, so two tanks with the same stabilizer stat need not necessary have the exact same accuracy on the move.

That means units with none stabilizer have a accuracy lower than... maybe 3-4??

Units with no stabilizer have a 5% chance to hit while moving. That's equivalent to accuracy 1.

Skyenet
First Sergeant

Postby Skyenet » Tue 15 Jan 2013 00:46

TheFluff wrote:

Thanks, that explains a lot.

Gyg
Chief Warrant Officer

Postby Gyg » Wed 16 Jan 2013 16:54

Do ATGM missiles get AP bonus for decreased range (i.e. +1AP for every 350 m less than maximum range)?

TheFluff
Lieutenant

Postby TheFluff » Wed 16 Jan 2013 18:11

Gyg wrote:Do ATGM missiles get AP bonus for decreased range (i.e. +1AP for every 350 m less than maximum range)?

No. Neither do infantry RPG's, nor guns that only fire HEAT rounds (it's generally marked as "X mm HEAT" in the caliber field if it does).

FirmusPiett
Lieutenant

Postby FirmusPiett » Mon 21 Jan 2013 16:44

This is some great information, thank you! I think I will try and buy more max veteran M1A1s now :). Critical hit probability very high + 82% mobile hit probability!!! (wouldn't it actually be higher seeing as you've listed the M1A1 and Leo 2A4 as having the same accuracy in the hit probability charts even though the M1A1 has 11 acc.?)

Return to “Wargame : European Escalation”