Polish Infantry Redundancy (Eugen, can you please respond?)

empire_today
Corporal

Polish Infantry Redundancy (Eugen, can you please respond?)

Postby empire_today » Thu 12 Apr 2012 15:13

Don't know where to post this, so I decided to post it anyway since the new patch is coming.

Piechota Zmech: I used these guys a lot as my main infantry before their cap was decreased, now I don't see a point. Why was their cap decreased? They were barely any better than Motostrel(k)(c)i.

Spadochroniarze: Like the basic infantry, I used these guys a lot as shock infantry before the cap decrease to 16. (I know that every other paratrooper unit got its cap decreased, too) But now they're made redundant by Motorise Schutzen who have much better AT capabilities, more ammo, and a higher cap.

It's not the cap that's bothering me, but how they don't compensate for their low numbers now.

Both of these units also shoot at a slower rate compared to other units of the same category. The only advantage they have would be either their transports, or their price, but in the end they cost about the same due to transport pricing.

Other notes;
- NATO basic infantry outnumber Pact basic infantry, this is due to the cap decrease. (motostrel(c)(k)i + zmech = 88) (jaegers + fusiliers + riflemen = 96)
- Piechota is only a 5 man squad, and every other Rifle Squad is 10.. I'm sure something is wrong here.
Last edited by empire_today on Sun 15 Apr 2012 03:47, edited 6 times in total.

DeuZerre
More than 10 000 messages. Soldier you are the leader of all armies!
Location: Universe, Galaxy, Solar System, Earth, Ground, Eurasian Continent, Main Landmass.

Re: Polish Infantry Redundancy

Postby DeuZerre » Thu 12 Apr 2012 15:28

Piechota Zmech are sensibly worse than MotostrelCis (for the same price) because of barely better rifle stats but clearly inferior anti-tank stats.

Spadochroniarze however end up on the good end of those reductions. Look at the Czekoslovcakians with their cap of 8...

I agree these guys need a bit more troops, now they are weak and not numerous. Slighty reducing the Motostrelcis RPG accuracy and upping the cap for secondary nations -Slightly- would be nice, as right now, they fill their role but, while sensibly weaker than most NATO regular infantry, they come in much fewer numbers.

PACT has some pretty elite infantry, but their "main bulk" of infantry is just too low in numbers.
Marshal honoris causa
FLX wrote:Removing the weaknesses from the divisions leads to all divisions being the same in the long run. We won't proceed like that.

empire_today
Corporal

Postby empire_today » Thu 12 Apr 2012 16:09

DeuZerre wrote:Spadochroniarze however end up on the good end of those reductions. Look at the Czekoslovcakians with their cap of 8...

I think that was done because of their superior anti air/tank capabilities, but even then the Spades get outnumbered and outgunned by just about any other shock troop from most factions.

I don't think Motostrelci needs a lower accuracy point, or a higher cap since their range isn't far enough to play an offensive role, and thanks to their cap losing a unit of these guys sucks.

DeuZerre wrote:PACT has some pretty elite infantry, but their "main bulk" of infantry is just too low in numbers.

also yes this is what im talking about

AGTMADCAT
Corporal

Postby AGTMADCAT » Thu 12 Apr 2012 20:36

Agreed on the unit counts. I like to play themed decks, using troops from only one or two nations. I'm now desperately short on troops in my Czech/Pole decks, since the availability of Motostrelci & Zmech have effectively been halved.

-AGT

chester267
Sergeant

Postby chester267 » Thu 12 Apr 2012 23:33

I think Poland in this game is redundant. They have very few unique units, and what they do have is very compatable to other Pact nations units, if not less useful. I would like them to be replaced with Romania.

empire_today
Corporal

Postby empire_today » Fri 13 Apr 2012 00:46

chester267 wrote:I think Poland in this game is redundant. They have very few unique units, and what they do have is very compatable to other Pact nations units, if not less useful. I would like them to be replaced with Romania.

I think Poland's concept is well-done and makes a lot of sense, and they don't have a lot of unique units because the armies of the Warsaw Pact were highly standardized. As for adding Romania, no comment..

The only visible problem I see with Poland is their infantry being sort of useless after a recent update, but other than that, Poland has some pretty cool units, and are the only faction that possesses "shock engineers".

PS, I'm not Polish, so nationality has nothing to do with this thread.

phawkins1988
Master Sergeant

Postby phawkins1988 » Fri 13 Apr 2012 01:12

DeuZerre wrote:PACT has some pretty elite infantry, but their "main bulk" of infantry is just too low in numbers.

Pretty clear their main bulk is supposed to be motorstrelkis, isn't it?

Agreed that the unit caps went a bit far though.

DeuZerre
More than 10 000 messages. Soldier you are the leader of all armies!
Location: Universe, Galaxy, Solar System, Earth, Ground, Eurasian Continent, Main Landmass.

Postby DeuZerre » Fri 13 Apr 2012 03:01

phawkins1988 wrote:

Pretty clear their main bulk is supposed to be motorstrelkis, isn't it?

Agreed that the unit caps went a bit far though.

But they don't come really cheap, especially when you include their transports. The cheapest transport for MotostrelKis is a M113 lookalike in the aspect that it is bad everywhere. At least, it's a bit faster.
Marshal honoris causa
FLX wrote:Removing the weaknesses from the divisions leads to all divisions being the same in the long run. We won't proceed like that.

danuuker
Chief Warrant Officer

Postby danuuker » Fri 13 Apr 2012 03:18

I assume Polish infantry availability got nerfed due to GOLYO's charge of the mass spammed OT-62 TOPAS-2A, I don't think there is anything unbalancing about the Zmech infantry or Spades themselves. Spades already got a price bump a while back.

As for Czech Motostrekli availability I guess got nerfed due to their powerful AT ability for 5 pts.

Once again, as OP has stated, I like to point that it is amusing that the Warsaw Pact, a faction that is typically protrayed as having vastly outnumbering NATO, currently has waaaaaay less infantry units than what NATO can field. :lol:

empire_today
Corporal

Postby empire_today » Fri 13 Apr 2012 04:02

danuuker wrote:I assume Polish infantry availability got nerfed due to GOLYO's charge of the mass spammed OT-62 TOPAS-2A, I don't think there is anything unbalancing about the Zmech infantry or Spades themselves. Spades already got a price bump a while back.

As for Czech Motostrekli availability I guess got nerfed due to their powerful AT ability for 5 pts.

Once again, as OP has stated, I like to point that it is amusing that the Warsaw Pact, a faction that is typically protrayed as having vastly outnumbering NATO, currently has waaaaaay less infantry units than what NATO can field. :lol:

I've faced him once, and lost lol. I thought I was going to win since he had no armored units.. then I forgot about the BMP's gun and armor..

Didn't think one player would have that much of an impact though, but can't that GOLYO guy do the exact same thing with NATO infantry?

I know there's nothing wrong with the stats of the Piechota or the Spades, but I think they're less useful now due to their numerical in-superiority. You're now better off buying Moto-Schutzen instead of Spades overall. Maybe Spades cap can be increased a bit? (to say.. 20?)

And yeah, I was a bit surprised to learn the endless hordes of conscripts were outgunned and outnumbered by NATO infantry forces.
Last edited by empire_today on Sat 14 Apr 2012 04:50, edited 1 time in total.