Increased Supply Use

nph3k
Private First-Class

Increased Supply Use

Postby nph3k » Thu 12 Apr 2012 23:41

Hi,
Making it so units heal slower is a good change, but it seems that as a consequence they use more supplies per unit of healing.

Was this intentional?

My understanding was that the rate of healing was to be changed not the cost per unit.

It seems like both have been changed.

Tigga
Lieutenant Colonel

Re: Increased Supply Use

Postby Tigga » Thu 12 Apr 2012 23:45

I think this must be an unintended consequence. The supply use to repair is crazily high now. For cheaper (<50 points) units it's almost cheaper to scrap the unit and bring on another rather than repair it back to use. Looks like supplies per second usage is unchanged, but time to repair is much higher.

Some pretty mad things are possible at the moment. A blind MLRS barrage will probably do more supplies in damage than it costs to fire whereas before it was nothing like this. Really hoping for a fix ASAP.

Remi
Private

Postby Remi » Fri 13 Apr 2012 00:06

I have noticed this as well.
Repairing units takes a lot longer now (intended change and probably a good one tbh).
However the supplies per second used during the repair have not changed, which means repairing units is now costs a LOT more supplies.

This is having a negative impact due to arty and MLRS causing much more supply damage to the enemy than before. It is in fact a buff to arty of all types. They cause much more supply damage than they use now. So something probably needs to be done.

The obvious fix is to decrease supply per second used when repairing to compensate for the increased time it takes to repair now.

bentguru
Warrant Officer

Postby bentguru » Fri 13 Apr 2012 00:10

obligatory +1. It's cheaper to buy new vehicles in lots of cases than it is to repair them.

Guggy
General

Postby Guggy » Fri 13 Apr 2012 00:27

Plz fix :(

danuuker
Chief Warrant Officer

Postby danuuker » Fri 13 Apr 2012 01:51

When I mentioned the simple fix of increasing repair time to reduce "shielding" effect, I guess we all forgot about the flip side of the equation... :oops:

Slower repair should also mean slower consumption of resources, not same consumption but slower repair.

Xeno426
Carbon 13

Postby Xeno426 » Fri 13 Apr 2012 02:08

This is especially annoying because you can't tell a supply truck to only resupply ammo and fuel. Repair seems to have priority as well.
CloakandDagger wrote:And you're one of the people with the shiny colored name. No wonder the game is in the state it's in.

Mazz
Second-Lieutenant

Postby Mazz » Fri 13 Apr 2012 02:23

danuuker wrote:When I mentioned the simple fix of increasing repair time to reduce "shielding" effect, I guess we all forgot about the flip side of the equation... :oops:

Slower repair should also mean slower consumption of resources, not same consumption but slower repair.

There is no flip side to the coin, this one is an obvious problem if not addressed when the change was made. As soon as I read the patch notes I thought "well I hope rate of consumption is changed then" and immediately dismissed it due to figured it was noticed in some play testing before release. I guess I shouldn't assume things.

phawkins1988
Master Sergeant

Postby phawkins1988 » Fri 13 Apr 2012 02:27

Yup, hoping for a fix ASAP on this.

Presumably, before the change it repaired X units of HP per second for a cost of Y supplies per second. Now you repair X/10 (or something) per second but it still costs Y per second. Obvious fix = if it's X/10 make it Y/10.

onceover
Sergeant First-Class

Postby onceover » Fri 13 Apr 2012 05:27

yea i had a supply truck, the small one with 750 in it only heal my special forces unit from 1 man to 3 :S would take about 5 trucks to heal it compltetly!!