Expansion packs, Dlc's - I want to give you my money !

Senseo1990
Sergeant First-Class

Expansion packs, Dlc's - I want to give you my money !

Postby Senseo1990 » Sat 14 Apr 2012 00:32

First of all: Thank you for this great game and of course thank you for the latest dlc and the great patches and that you listen to the community.

Of course you just released a lot of new stuff yesterday and there are still some bugs to be fixed and some tweaks to be made, so take your time Eugen :P

But what I personally would really really like is new content in the future.
This game is great as it is right now and there is still plenty of stuff I have to try out so it wont get boring for a long time BUT I also know that Wargame:EE has a lot of potential when it comes to expansions.

Air Strikes, Smoke Screens, minefields (Minethrower-Tanks like http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Minenwurfsystem_Skorpion anyone?), a timeshift to more modern units...there is a lot more you could possibly do to enhance Wargame and I know that Eugen would be able to include the right things in a perfect way.

Im not a fan of dlc, but Wargame: EE is the first game where I think "DLC fits perfectly" and I would spend money for it, a bigger expansion pack would be great as well of course :)

Nou
First Sergeant

Re: Expansion packs, Dlc's - I want to give you my money !

Postby Nou » Sat 14 Apr 2012 00:34

I'd rather they release the mod tools to add a lot of this stuff and let the community handle it.

Serious war gaming platforms usually have a pretty dedicated mod community behind them, look at WiC and Arma as examples. Very talented people in those communities that can often get far more interesting things done than the company that originally published the game can.

Guggy
General

Postby Guggy » Sat 14 Apr 2012 00:37

^^^ +1 for mod tools :)

Senseo1990
Sergeant First-Class

Postby Senseo1990 » Sat 14 Apr 2012 00:38

Nou wrote:I'd rather they release the mod tools to add a lot of this stuff and let the community handle it.

Serious war gaming platforms usually have a pretty dedicated mod community behind them, look at WiC and Arma as examples. Very talented people in those communities that can often get far more interesting things done than the company that originally published the game can.

I dont know: Mods often have really small communities and have some flaws or bad design-decisions here and there. I like mods, but most of the time they're not perfect enough to make me want to play them for more than ~2 hours

ChrisJ
Sergeant First-Class

Postby ChrisJ » Sat 14 Apr 2012 01:11

Senseo1990 wrote:
Nou wrote:I'd rather they release the mod tools to add a lot of this stuff and let the community handle it.

I dont know: Mods often have really small communities and have some flaws or bad design-decisions here and there. I like mods, but most of the time they're not perfect enough to make me want to play them for more than ~2 hours

Modding teams will be able to spend more time working on a project over a larger period of time as they don't need a deadline, nor have to worry about other considerations you would have to take into account as soon as you are going to charge money for a product. Eugen Systems can not employ as many people as a potential modding community could have working on content. It also means that there will be more diversity and more creative freedom.

REDDQ
General

Postby REDDQ » Sat 14 Apr 2012 01:48

ChrisJ wrote:Modding teams will be able to spend more time working on a project over a larger period of time as they don't need a deadline, nor have to worry about other considerations you would have to take into account as soon as you are going to charge money for a product. Eugen Systems can not employ as many people as a potential modding community could have working on content. It also means that there will be more diversity and more creative freedom.

I agree with Senseo1990. I know that modding often seems tempting but what we usually get is plenty of half-made, not very well thought over and incompatible with anything stuff that might ruin the game.

Toot
Warrant Officer

Postby Toot » Sat 14 Apr 2012 02:20

and a fractured community that is already pretty small

chester267
Sergeant

Postby chester267 » Sat 14 Apr 2012 03:47

I would Rather they release DLCs and expansion packs for free, like they have been. I don't exactly trust Steam with my money.

cane
Sergeant

Postby cane » Sat 14 Apr 2012 04:02

Paid DLC/expansions would only spit the community and the community is small as it is. Unless the player base grows a fair amount I just don't see it working out

Nou
First Sergeant

Postby Nou » Sat 14 Apr 2012 06:23

Arma is a fairly niche community but it definitely has some incredibly talented mod makers, cultivated over the last 10 years from the original Operation Flashpoint.

War gamers (not Wargame, this game) are fairly dedicated bunch of nerds that will jump on a platform and stick with it if its open enough.

I am very interested in mod making for this platform, and I have been involved in the Arma modding community for a number of years now, working on two of the largest mods (a developer for ACE, and co-founder/developer of ACRE) and a number of other smaller mod projects.

I see a lot of potential for this platform for realism modding and simulation.

Return to “Wargame : European Escalation”