Apache Nerf

User avatar
REDDQ
General
Posts: 6906
Joined: Thu 12 Apr 2012 03:13
Location: przy stole.
Contact:

Re: Apache Nerf

Postby REDDQ » Sat 14 Apr 2012 10:01

Nou wrote:[...]
Honestly the in-game range of the Hellfire is really really REALLY small, it should be at least another 1000 or 2000 meters, the fact that they dropped the range is pretty crap. It is by far the most capable anti-tank missile system in this game.

What would maybe keep it balanced is giving the Apaches less optics range which would give them benefits of flying in hunter killer teams with Kiowa scouts.

1000~2000 meters... sure... 400 meters bigger than range of the best Pact AA unit... :roll:

User avatar
MadGelo
Sergeant Major of the Army
Posts: 394
Joined: Fri 10 Feb 2012 14:59
Contact:

Re: Apache Nerf

Postby MadGelo » Sat 14 Apr 2012 10:21

Apache is american and we all know USA RULES!

Therefor Apache should be able to call in orbital strike from ion-cannon

User avatar
REDDQ
General
Posts: 6906
Joined: Thu 12 Apr 2012 03:13
Location: przy stole.
Contact:

Re: Apache Nerf

Postby REDDQ » Sat 14 Apr 2012 10:23

LOL I suppose we can all be grateful that Pact units fire at all :lol:

Nou
First Sergeant
Posts: 216
Joined: Mon 7 Nov 2011 19:41
Contact:

Re: Apache Nerf

Postby Nou » Sat 14 Apr 2012 10:42

REDDQ wrote:
Nou wrote:[...]
Honestly the in-game range of the Hellfire is really really REALLY small, it should be at least another 1000 or 2000 meters, the fact that they dropped the range is pretty crap. It is by far the most capable anti-tank missile system in this game.

What would maybe keep it balanced is giving the Apaches less optics range which would give them benefits of flying in hunter killer teams with Kiowa scouts.

1000~2000 meters... sure... 400 meters bigger than range of the best Pact AA unit... :roll:


The BUK should have a much longer range too, that thing is meant to shoot down fighter jets.

Hegemon
Chief Warrant Officer
Posts: 532
Joined: Mon 19 Mar 2012 07:33
Contact:

Re: Apache Nerf

Postby Hegemon » Sat 14 Apr 2012 10:45

Not everything has to be like it is in the real life, you know.
REDDQ wrote:T-80U shoots AP rounds made of pure Communism... any more questions?

User avatar
REDDQ
General
Posts: 6906
Joined: Thu 12 Apr 2012 03:13
Location: przy stole.
Contact:

Re: Apache Nerf

Postby REDDQ » Sat 14 Apr 2012 11:38

Nou wrote:The BUK should have a much longer range too, that thing is meant to shoot down fighter jets.

I understand that pressure for reality... especially from someone playing Operation Flashpoint and ArmA... but you need consider gameplay here... Buk M1 had a range circa 20000 meters! Even half of that would make half of a map no-fly zone. We need support changes which will make the game more fun experience. Otherwise we can just buff Uragan and Smerch to fit it's real life counterpart and Pact players will end the game before it will even start.

Nou
First Sergeant
Posts: 216
Joined: Mon 7 Nov 2011 19:41
Contact:

Re: Apache Nerf

Postby Nou » Sat 14 Apr 2012 11:45

Hegemon wrote:Not everything has to be like it is in the real life, you know.


I know there has to be sacrifices for gameplay, but the way NATO helicopters, especially the Apache and Kiowa with Hellfires end up being played like you would play (or use IRL) Russian copters.

Russian copters were meant for front line support, they are heavily armored, carry lots and lots of FFAR, and have giant auto cannons strapped to their side. They'd be running down the line or coming behind the frontal assault and hitting positions with direct fire.

Apaches and Kiowa were meant to sit back and basically be used like super accurate artillery, sitting back a bit because they are not nearly as armored.

Hegemon
Chief Warrant Officer
Posts: 532
Joined: Mon 19 Mar 2012 07:33
Contact:

Re: Apache Nerf

Postby Hegemon » Sat 14 Apr 2012 12:03

I was under impression that Apache was better armoured than Mi-24/28. Also 30mm autocannon is direct support weapon.
REDDQ wrote:T-80U shoots AP rounds made of pure Communism... any more questions?

Guggy
General
Posts: 8645
Joined: Thu 17 Nov 2011 02:53
Location: peaceful skeleton realm
Contact:

Re: Apache Nerf

Postby Guggy » Sat 14 Apr 2012 12:11

Better armored isnt really applicable to helicopters period. When a chopper takes damage in the field, it RTB's. It wont stay and keep fighting while losing fluids or (as seen ingame) on fire :P

Hegemon
Chief Warrant Officer
Posts: 532
Joined: Mon 19 Mar 2012 07:33
Contact:

Re: Apache Nerf

Postby Hegemon » Sat 14 Apr 2012 12:32

It is. As armor let helicopter get back to base, and more important protects crew.
REDDQ wrote:T-80U shoots AP rounds made of pure Communism... any more questions?

Return to “Wargame : European Escalation”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests