Running Hyena (fast hq killer) NATO

Orange
Chief Warrant Officer

Running Hyena (fast hq killer) NATO

Postby Orange » Sun 15 Apr 2012 08:59

I find the name running hyena appropriate since you run across the whole battlefield and don't have the strength of a lion or a puma and need to avoid such high armor beasts, but it bites hard.

What you deploy is lots of Luchs and amx 10 and sagaie (all under recons) you may take some AML mortars with you. deploy a cheap recon chopper as well. You should also have the Hog gunship in the deck with the grenade launcher and the missiles. This deployment comes with a high risk, when u face enemy tanks with armor of 6 and above u are without chances. The strength of this deployment is its speed which is 80kmh and above and the range they can travel. This makes them perfect for flanking on Hells highway and then killing enemy smerch fob stuff in their HQ. Also works god on other maps where you can flank. You may want to bring in a VAB CV with you to block enemy reinforcment or take the enemy hq. Your deployment lacks long range AA but the autocannons on the luchs make up for that.

I thought the VAB Mephisto is a good unit to bring with me, it could kill all those nasty tanks but to my frustration even a veteran Mephisto does not hit a damn **** and is totally useless ****. Which I cannot understand since it says acc7 and I gave them lvl3 vet.

Needless to say this tactic is not for 1v1 and you should have a competent teamplayer that can fight on the main battlefield while you flank or take a spot in some corner.

U may think an army full of recons is the most stupid thing, I won several matches with these tough and it has proven good to me.
Hey Ya
Mighty-I-dee-I-dee-I (Mighty-I-dee-I-dee-I)
Odee odee odee oooo (Ode odee odee oooo)
Odee odee odee oooooo (Ode odee odee oooo)

Mighty ighty ighty ighty ighty ighty O

nutegunray
Command Sergeant Major

Re: Running Hyena (fast hq killer) NATO

Postby nutegunray » Sun 15 Apr 2012 15:10

"Killing enemy smerch fob stuff" ? Who the hell uses then anymore? Likewise with unarmored command cars? Had 2 guys with well over 12 AML 60's pound the crap out of my comamnd car(and the shots dropped really close too) and after about 100 shots still failed to do any significant damage... Then they had that pause for reloading or whatever, and started shooting my T-80U (lol). Which simply moved away like a BOSS. XD

ppl need to stop giving these "arty strats" like that mongol dana or whatever the other guy called it. New players will read this crap, try it and be decimated so badly they'll quit playing the game cause they'll never learn it relying on this arty nonsense. If you got fantastic arty strats, keep them to yourself. It's jsut depressing playing against low levels who just spam arty and get rolled. Then they quit, and I don't blame them. They never learn how to play properly so I'd quit too.

somekidfromno
Sergeant First-Class

Postby somekidfromno » Sun 15 Apr 2012 15:40

its the same guy posting this strat as the one that posted the DANA strat.

I would rather not use your strategies at all because, as you mention in both posts, you must rely on other players to fight "the main battle" while you go around the backdoor like some retarded ninja, or shell the enemy into compliance. I would feel incredibly insecure with an all scout vehicle force. I would feel the same with a primarily DANA force.

The way i make myself feel secure is a strong and versatile strike force that can encounter most threats and, if outclassed, retreat whilst dealing enough damage that it is not a total rout, or that can batter the enemy into the ground from the get go.
Otherwise known as "Frederik von Luck"

"No bastard ever won a war by dying for his country. He won it by making the other poor dumb bastard die for his." ~ My general battle plan.

praslovan
Major-General

Postby praslovan » Mon 16 Apr 2012 00:47

My Mi-9 spots you. Couple of m17i and a quick t55 spam or something and you are dead.

REDDQ
General

Postby REDDQ » Mon 16 Apr 2012 01:17

Orange... maybe you could post replay proving that you tactics works? :D :D

Elukka
Chief Warrant Officer

Postby Elukka » Mon 16 Apr 2012 02:03

You seem to like strategies that involve you doing anything but fighting the battle. This one will be foiled by any recon at all on their flanks and if there isn't any you can accomplish the same much cheaper with just a few units.
It's not a very good idea to go all recon for a flanking force. Have you looked at their price? You're essentially paying quadruple the price of comparable units just for the optics.

nutegunray
Command Sergeant Major

Postby nutegunray » Mon 16 Apr 2012 03:37

Elukka wrote:You seem to like strategies that involve you doing anything but fighting the battle. This one will be foiled by any recon at all on their flanks and if there isn't any you can accomplish the same much cheaper with just a few units.
It's not a very good idea to go all recon for a flanking force. Have you looked at their price? You're essentially paying quadruple the price of comparable units just for the optics.

But he wants to see things and not have to do any fighting... loosing a tank is like setting his favorite teddy bear on fire. They are precious children that must be kept away from harm's way...
Last edited by OpusTheFowl on Mon 16 Apr 2012 05:12, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: EDIT: Attack the strategy, not the person.

SahintheFalcon
Corporal

Postby SahintheFalcon » Mon 16 Apr 2012 04:30

I think this strategy needs some work and I personally wouldn't use it myself, but please stop insulting the OP. You guys sound like some of those gamereplays forumers for CoH, who wouldn't give an ounce of respect to someone who didn't already have at least 200+ posts.

Kovlovsky
Captain

Postby Kovlovsky » Mon 16 Apr 2012 05:05

SahintheFalcon wrote:I think this strategy needs some work and I personally wouldn't use it myself, but please stop insulting the OP. You guys sound like some of those gamereplays forumers for CoH, who wouldn't give an ounce of respect to someone who didn't already have at least 200+ posts.

I agree with you, many of us think that his strategy is weird, but try to be respectful and point him why he is mistaken or why he's using unfair strategies. At least, he will learn and other people also.
Courtesy of Graphic

Orange
Chief Warrant Officer

Postby Orange » Mon 16 Apr 2012 05:41

First of all its ok to not like my tactic and criticize it, I even wish for critique. But attacking me and being offensive or just incredibly stupid just shows what kind of a person you are. I won several matches due to this, sometimes having most points and the least casualties and sometimes I ran into a conter and got killed.

About aml shooting at t80u: t80u is the best and strongest and most badass tank, that the weakest arty can't scrap it is obvious, however I made them rout since thy have to stand stillbto aim with their atgms and then my leos took them out.

About the all purpose force covering everything: That argument is just stupid, as soon as you need it for a special use the units not covering that will be useless spend points. Like tank vs tank your aa missiles are useless.

Replays: All corrupted but flanking is something somewhat common on some maps like Blitz and hells highway, you may get to see it if you play the game some more.

Sending t55 rush my way: Already happened, my recon tanks and luchs killed them all, also thanks to the aml which are deadly against low tier tanks. Most of my units survived and the match was won.

Cost of recons: The luchs is with 40p and the luchs a1 with 50p not a quadruple cost of a marder or that french autocannon vehicle which name i forgot. It is also an excelent unit. The amx 10 rc costs 60p also not much, and is an overall great vehicle stat wise apart from the poor armor. Thanks to the many autocannons you do not need aa and thanks to their supply effectivness you do not need any supplies for them you can also capture an enemy fob once you at your goal.

Finally if these tactics would not have proven any good then I would not be using them nor telling them in the forum. They are not a "you win definatly 100% by using this", rather a "can drastically turn the tide of battle" tactic. It is a risk of what you do and they do as everything is in this game. Also I enjoy playing the game differently, trying out all kind of stuff, of course I could just go and deploy T80u backed up by zhalo with some aa and play the game the same way as mostly seen. However 1-2 buratino and that tactic as well is damned or 2 arty volleys making your stuff rout or running into 2 players teaming up on you.

Theres a counter for everything, but I see you all just want to jump around the corner with an fmg9 akimbo.

@kovslovski there is no such thing as "unfair" tactic, surely not on a battlefield in ww3. All that can be legally done in a game is at your disposal. In short everything goes, apart from hacking and cheating.
Hey Ya
Odee odee odee oooo (Ode odee odee oooo)
Odee odee odee oooooo (Ode odee odee oooo)

Mighty ighty ighty ighty ighty ighty O

Return to “Wargame : European Escalation”