Summer Night Map Guide

sound-of-words
Sergeant First-Class

Summer Night Map Guide

Postby sound-of-words » Tue 1 May 2012 14:16

Like in any other real time strategy title, maps are an important factor of overall strategy in Wargame: European Escalation. In this guide I will analyze the map Summer Night and break down the valid opening strategies on this map. Read on...

Feedback and map suggestions for the next guide welcome!

Formerly shugyosha on these forums and still shugyosha ingame
Lusiad_NZ wrote:Patch the players instead.

TheWord
Sergeant Major of the Army

Re: Summer Night Map Guide

Postby TheWord » Fri 11 May 2012 19:05

Nice, enjoyed reading it.

Zanu
Corporal

Postby Zanu » Sat 12 May 2012 09:28

I felt that it could've been a bit more in depth, with unit recommendations, more specific tactics and such. But it was still a good read and I learned something too. I'd like to see a guide for Blitz, I can't seem to get a hold of that map.

DelroyMonjo
Colonel

Postby DelroyMonjo » Sat 12 May 2012 11:56

Things I wish I had known BEFORE I played this map.

I came in as the 4th player in a 2v2 6000pt battle as NATO. It was hosted by a lvl 10 player so I felt comfortable getting into the game as I'm an 8lvl and not a very good player at all. Apparently, once you place a command unit in a sector and the other 3 players have already hit the 'Ready' button you had better be ready! I placed a cmd unit in 4 Bravo and a few recon units and BOOM...game on! There I was, stranded with 4 Abrams and a few recon and blowpipes in sector 4 racking up 12 pts/min and not as close to Sector 2Delta as I had hoped. I had to spawn another cmd vehicle from 1Charlie to get to the west side sector 2D to get nearby reinforcements. I had to hold my forces in 4B to guard my cmd until my partner arrived, which he did in force. By the time I was able to get a cmd vehicle in the west the 4B field was getting crowded with enemy tanks and it was all I could do to hold off there. When I did spawn an army in 2D the enemy had already arrived there and all I managed were a few Leo5's in the west to hold them up slightly. Somehow, my partner had things well under contol in 4B and was pushing the enemy back across the river.

Then...18 min's into the game my partner surrenders!!! WTF! We only had about 800 pts to go to win and he freakin' quits! I managed to get within about 300 pts of getting Nato to 6000 pts and the game FROZE!

Moral of the story...don't get caught flat footed in enemy range without seeing the map first. Also, if it's true that the game starts even if I don't hit the 'Ready' button, be aware...
No idea why game froze, I waited but finally had to reboot, Ctrl-Alt-Del didn't work.
Not mad, just a n00b...
Illegitimi non carborundum.

Return to “Wargame : European Escalation”